Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

2 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

This is making me 99% sure it's going to be Redwolves, apparently the college that uses it is selfish with the trademark so they need to work something out. 

It’s not going to be Red Wolves lol You guys are setting yourselves up for a big letdown!  It’ll end up being Washington Americans or some ****!

My Redskins Fandom, childhood and sweet and bitter memories...RIP

September 25th, 1977 

July 13th, 2020

I was six years old watching them play the Falcons.  I asked my dad who was playing and he replied, it didn't matter as they both sucked.  I pointed to the Redskins and said I want that team to win and he smiled and said, good, that's your daddy's team.

2 minutes ago, -JB- said:

“We’re winning!  We’re ****ing winning!”  Dude, that was ALL OF US! Ha

I nearly passed out when Robles caught the final out. As an Aught Fiver, dealing with Natinals, the CBP South days, the endless postseason comments, it was so cathartic. The parade was amazing. The team had a Gibbs Redskins appeal to them...

That statement is big nothing burger, it doesn't say when the name is being retired and it doesnt say its been retired as of today so we're still the Redskins until "completion of this review".  That could be months or even the entire year.

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

I nearly passed out when Robles caught the final out. As an Aught Fiver, dealing with Natinals, the CBP South days, the endless postseason comments, it was so cathartic. The parade was amazing. The team had a Gibbs Redskins appeal to them...

Yes!  I broke my leg right before the postseason so I couldn’t make it to the Wild Card game even though I had tickets!  But I jumped up off the couch when Soto got the hit!!! Lolol

So I got in late, have the Redskins given any confirmation on why we should care about Santos and the other dude who totally weren't using counterfeit cheerleader passports to smuggle in drugs, money, and drug money?

4 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Good God, take a chill pill man. I see that same 90% bull**** statistic thrown around by every fan adamant about keeping the name. It's an insensitive nickname and it's changing whether you want it to or not. You can either embrace the new name or just whine about why we aren't the Redskins anymore. One of those two options sounds a hell of a lot better to me. 

how dare these Native Americans disparage themselves like this! @THE HAMMER'IN HOG

2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

So I got in late, have the Redskins given any confirmation on why we should care about Santos and the other dude who totally weren't using counterfeit cheerleader passports to smuggle in drugs, money, and drug money?

We probably won't hear too much other than that. I'm back off the ledge regarding draft picks etc. That would have been announced already if that was happening. The league typically announces that before teams do.

6 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

That statement is big nothing burger, it doesn't say when the name is being retired and it doesnt say its been retired as of today so we're still the Redskins until "completion of this review".  That could be months or even the entire year.

you know it won't be. More likely that if they can't get the name they want, they'll go with no name while they work on it and just remove the sticker from the helmet (if there is a season) and the name from below the neckline of the Unis. the rest will be the same. Probably throw up "Washington" everywhere for the time being. 

I was living in Germany during the Super Bowl vs Broncos because my father was stationed in Stuttgart.  I was 7 years old & I remember the Super Bowl wasn’t coming on until the middle of the night and my dad promised me he’d wake me up to watch the game but I remember staying up all night until he came in to get me and I hopped up , watched Doug Williams torch the Broncos in the 2nd quarter and then fell asleep at halftime.  That’s when I became a Skins fan 4 life!!!!

18 minutes ago, -JB- said:

It’s not going to be Red Wolves lol You guys are setting yourselves up for a big letdown!  It’ll end up being Washington Americans or some ****!

I think you actually may be more invested in it NOT being the name than we are in it possibly being the name lol

9 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I think you actually may be more invested in it NOT being the name than we are in it possibly being the name lol

Alright, you got me!  However! “Another source told ESPN that the plan, as of now, is to retain the franchise's use of burgundy and gold colors. Coach Ron Rivera had said the team wanted to include the military in its new name, as well.”

2DBBF5C8-C46E-43AC-87C5-73235421D6B7.jpeg

1 minute ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

you know it won't be. More likely that if they can't get the name they want, they'll go with no name while they work on it and just remove the sticker from the helmet (if there is a season) and the name from below the neckline of the Unis. the rest will be the same. Probably throw up "Washington" everywhere for the time being. 

Looks like you might get your "W" after all :)

Just now, @SkinsGoldPants said:

That makes sense and seems like a reasonable quick fix.

Does anyone else find it odd they put out a press release with the logo and the current name on it?

3 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Does anyone else find it odd they put out a press release with the logo and the current name on it?

They don't really have anything else they can slap on there to make it look official at the moment.

3 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I understand what you are saying but in this case  and normally would agree-. But at the very least they are committing to changing the name. Until this notice it could have been like last time where they reviewed and decided not to change the name. So now they are at least committing to change the name. 

Also, they seem to have some more media savvy people around Dan - maybe Ron's doing. I think they realize they can't drag this out for months or even weeks. They need to make a call and do it now. I think they will want to be ready for this season if it happens. I could be wrong, but I think that's what this implies. 

We will see. 

Archived