Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CSN - Hall: 'I felt part of it was my fault'

Llevron

'Man, I want this team to be good, too!'

Greetings Ladies and Gents!

I found this really good write up in our own Bubba9497's Redskins Breaking News section and thought it deserved some discussion. Please take a read!

Mr. MeAngelo himself seems to be growing into a fine Redskin, if you ask me. I know its easy to sound sincere in the media (especially through text) however im really liking what we are getting from this guy of late. I remember having seats to the Dallas game two seasons ago where he got burnt by Dez and lost the game. He took it very personal. When he walked over to his mother after that game I really saw how seriously he takes this stuff.

I also think this speaks to the character of your football team that Mike is always talking about. If i am to believe anything I see with my eyes, and hear with my ears...this team, MeAngelo included, really cares about winning and about being Redskins.

Please, take a read and share what you think in regards to the maturity of D. Hall, or our locker room in general :point2sky

I've always appreciated his love for the team, fans, and city.

I'm probably in the minority but I'm glad he's back.

There's more love for Hall around here than you think

Even most haters can agree, with the contract he has now, and his starting experience, it's a good move.

in my mind it was never a question. the guy is a leader. He's popular in the locker room for a reason. defense is better with him on the field.

I second this, and have always felt this way. D.Hall is very passionate.

People hate because of the Vinny contract he was given. You can't blame anyone for accepting a lucrative offer.

I am totally glad he's back!

I have always been a fan and this reinforces it. To me, since he came to Washington, whether he has played good or bad, he always gave his heart and soul to this team. To me, he seems like a player who just wants to win and has seemed that way to me since he arrived here. That's the kind of player I want on my team

So Carriker, Merriwheather, Moss, and Hall all restructured to help out the team in need. This kind of behavior never would have happened under Zorn's tutelage.

Mike and Bruce have turned this entire franchise around in three years...

...totally remarkable.

So Carriker, Merriwheather, Moss, and Hall all restructured to help out the team in need. This kind of behavior never would have happened under Zorn's tutelage.

Mike and Bruce have turned this entire franchise around in three years...

...totally remarkable.

Amen Boss_Hogg...AMEN!

Well, I'm right there with you.

Some here know I stepped in regularly when Hall-bashing was especially excessive. I am right there with genuine well-founded and supportable criticisms (and Hall must bear those), but we usually have enough of the dumbass bashing type here (see Josh Morgan) that I like to get in its way at times. I'm fine with Hall's return for the reasonable cost, given our level of need, and think he's improved his game and look for the same this coming season. I think he's getting smarter with age.

Hall is a terrible CB. He's oddly good against NFCE opponents, but other then that he's truly terrible. But he's a good tackler with great ball skills and honestly, should be playing safety for this team.

But he's also a great team player. I never got the MeAngelo thing. He loves DC, the fans, and the Redskins. Don't anyone ever question that.

I've always appreciated his love for the team, fans, and city.

I'm probably in the minority but I'm glad he's back.

I was always a Hall supporter as well, he is a Virginia local. He always gave us his all and took a lot more crap than he deserved. Hopefully these comments will gain him more support with our fanbase.

LL56 posted a month or so ago an article (found it) that opened my eyes up to Hall as well as to the bull**** criticism that he would get from dumbasses like me.

http://httr24-7.com/blog/dismantling-the-case-against-deangelo-hall/

Excellent piece.

I'm thrilled that he's back, and I love the person that he's becoming. His maturity, his sacrifice (who gives up MILLIONS to come to a team? It's LaVar in reverse, literally), and his passion are wonderful to see.

If we could've only kept Lorenzo, then this offseason would've been fantastic.

So Carriker, Merriwheather, Moss, and Hall all restructured to help out the team in need.

Hall didn't restructure. He was CUT, no one else wanted him, and he resigned. That being said I'm fine with him returning on a reasonable one year stopgap type contract.

I think this article is complete BS though. NOW he feels like the cap penalty is partly his fault, after he accepted the outrageous Vinny contract and collected his enormous salary for a few years. I don't blame him for taking the money, but it's a little ****ing late to pretend to feel "guilty" about it.

I honestly can't believe people are buying this lol

Hall didn't restructure. He was CUT, no one else wanted him, and he resigned. That being said I'm fine with him returning on a reasonable one year stopgap type contract.

I think this article is complete BS though. NOW he feels like the cap penalty is partly his fault, after he accepted the outrageous Vinjiny contract and collected his enormous salary for a few years. I don't blame him for taking the money, but it's a little ****ing late to pretend to feel "guilty" about it.

Not all of us are *******s! We do actually give players the benefit of doubt when hearing there opinions about playing for the team we like...smdh hate all you want!

I think this article is complete BS though. NOW he feels like the cap penalty is partly his fault, after he accepted the outrageous Vinny contract and collected his enormous salary for a few years. I don't blame him for taking the money, but it's a little ****ing late to pretend to feel "guilty" about it.

How could he feel the cap penalty was partly his fault before the penalty ever happened? lol :ols:...

You left some logic behind in your rush to criticize Hall.

Not all of us are *******s! We do actually give players the benefit of doubt when hearing there opinions about playing for the team we like...smdh hate all you want!

I'm just happy the front office is competent enough to realize that he needed to be cut and allowed to test the market instead of restructured, and that giving him more than a one year deal was a bad move. Bodes well for the future of this franchise, imo.

The only thing I'm hating here is this puff piece of an article. I really don't mind if you get irate or resort to name calling over my criticism of it.

There's nothing to buy. The dude has proved that he is passionate about this team, this is nothing new. Since he has come here, you can tell that this Deangelo Hall was a different one that played in Atlanta and Oakland. Maybe being close to home calmed him down :whoknows:

Yeah, he has done some things since he has been here that I didn't like, but I never questioned his heart. I just questioned his skills... and still do.

Archived