Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CSN - Hall: 'I felt part of it was my fault'

Llevron

Hall didn't restructure. He was CUT, no one else wanted him, and he resigned. That being said I'm fine with him returning on a reasonable one year stopgap type contract.

I think this article is complete BS though. NOW he feels like the cap penalty is partly his fault, after he accepted the outrageous Vinny contract and collected his enormous salary for a few years. I don't blame him for taking the money, but it's a little ****ing late to pretend to feel "guilty" about it.

I honestly can't believe people are buying this lol

Nevermind. I see the point was already talked about.

I've always appreciated his love for the team, fans, and city.

I'm probably in the minority but I'm glad he's back.

I'm there, too... I thought he was better than Wilson... There was definitely a lack of safety help where there should have been... teams knew Hall played the under and could get a WR to run a fly pattern by him knowing the safety would be late getting over... we had two less-than-backups playing safety last season... made the CBs look that much worse.

Hall is solid... Biggers will be solid depth... Winfield is still possible.

Nah. Cooley is to this day a top two TE behind only a healthy Davis and Hall should learn how to long snap so we never have to see him fail miserably at trying to cover anyone again.

Not sure if you're being serious or not, but Cooley's time is gone. We brought Cooley in after Davis went down, and he only caught one pass however many games he played in.

Hall is a terrible CB. He's oddly good against NFCE opponents, but other then that he's truly terrible. But he's a good tackler with great ball skills and honestly, should be playing safety for this team.

Disagree.

Hall's 2012 stats ended with a 61% Comp that isn't terrible, it's an NFL average. Which is good in way when factoring in the horrible safety support. Hall has 17 INTs in the previous 4 season which ranks him at 5.

But I do agree, in 2012, he should have been moved to safety.

HALL to the Redskins! (HTTR)

I like how the OP praises Hall, yet continually refers to him as "MeAngelo". Why?

I'm glad Hall is back and as another poster said, I hope the venom is reduced.

It's the nature of fandom. Some guys become whipping boys and others are bulletproof. DHall is the most unfairly criticized player by fans since I joined ES in 2001. Cooley is a guy I'd say was bulletproof and his impact on the team far overblown. Going back, Brad Johnson was another guy I felt was way overrated by fans while Jeff George took too much heat. In 2000, I think we make the playoffs if George is our QB from the start.

Just the way it goes.

It's the nature of fandom. Some guys become whipping boys and others are bulletproof. MY EDIT: Reed Doughty is the most unfairly criticized player by fans since I joined ES in 2001. Cooley is a guy I'd say was bulletproof and his impact on the team far overblown.....

Just the way it goes.

Thanks mainly to Czabe.

Wait, wait, wait....

Carriker, Merriweather, and Moss restructured. That is no sacrifice at all to the player, and, in fact, gets them more guaranteed money, mostly in the form of cash on the day they sign. At the end of they day, they still get paid the exact same amount.

The only player who has actually taken LESS to stay on the team, is DHall.

Wait, wait, wait....

Carriker, Merriweather, and Moss restructured. That is no sacrifice at all to the player, and, in fact, gets them more guaranteed money, mostly in the form of cash on the day they sign. At the end of they day, they still get paid the exact same amount.

That's not true.

Base pay gets cut and then converted into incentives, and those are not guaranteed. Restructuring isn't to the player's benefit, or people would ask for a restructuring, not an extension. Carriker, Merriweather, and Moss did sacrifice money for the team, and taking away from that isn't fair to them.

Hall didn't restructure. He was CUT, no one else wanted him, and he resigned. That being said I'm fine with him returning on a reasonable one year stopgap type contract.

I think this article is complete BS though. NOW he feels like the cap penalty is partly his fault, after he accepted the outrageous Vinny contract and collected his enormous salary for a few years. I don't blame him for taking the money, but it's a little ****ing late to pretend to feel "guilty" about it.

I honestly can't believe people are buying this lol

You totally missed the point of my previous post, but that's okay.

You may continue hating...

Wait, wait, wait....

Shanahan said none of those guys restructured and we didn't push money out into future years either. They took paycuts.

Not sure how anyone can find much to complain about with the whole DHall offseason situation.

The FO have handled it great' date=' and so it appears has DHall..:applause:[/quote']

I have been a vocal critic of Hall. But I totally support this move. I think the FO did a fantastic job securing a piece of the puzzle at a much lower price.

It also gives Hall a kinda of 2nd chance to improve on his legacy as a Redskin. D Hall, you have a clean slate in my book. Looking forward to seeing you on the field.

You totally missed the point of my previous post, but that's okay.

You may continue hating...

I didn't miss the point. It's great that Moss, Carricker, and Meriweather agreed to restructure for the benefit of the team. The culture has improved greatly in Shanny's tenure. I just don't find Hall's situation to be the same seeing as he was cut, and it has little to do with hate.

I hope Dhall plays every game like he did in the finale vs Dallas, actually. That doesn't mean I am calling a cut a restructure though, because it is not the same.

That's why the article strikes me as more of a PR campaign than anything else.

I didn't miss the point. It's great that Moss, Carricker, and Meriweather agreed to restructure for the benefit of the team. The culture has improved greatly in Shanny's tenure. I just don't find Hall's situation to be the same seeing as he was cut, and it has little to do with hate.

I hope Dhall plays every game like he did in the finale vs Dallas, actually. That doesn't mean I am calling a cut a restructure though, because it is not the same.

Disagree

I think they were trying to say over an over is no one has been restructured, shanny said in his presser, they all took pay cuts hall was released is the only difference the others took a pay cut as well...

I think they were trying to say over an over is no one has been restructured, shanny said in his presser, they all took pay cuts hall was released is the only difference the others took a pay cut as well...

Hmm, I don't really find Shanny's pressers to be entertaining enough to watch in the offseason(too much repetition of depth and competition ;p), my mistake then. That's great that the others voluntarily took a pay cut. I still don't like the way the article tries to portray Hall's situation...but it's just an article lol.

Thanks for the clarification.

Archived