Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CSN - Hall: 'I felt part of it was my fault'

Llevron

Well, sorry but I have to start off with the OP's remark of 'MeAngelo, and the lack of respect it shows regarding the guy. IMO not very 'inviting' of pleasantries.

But hey, we've ALL criticized most players at one time or another, so I can somewhat understand, and i'm certainly not without fault on it either.

But look at players' positions on the field; they all have numerous places where criticism can be laid, but its part of the game. At one time or another every player has made mistakes; no one is immune. DeAngelo is an intense player, and takes his job seriously, but its difficult at times to see, mostly because our view is from a fan's perspective. He has been jumped on numerous times for blown coverage, taunting, etc etc, and we all jump up screaming 'you dumb-ass' at the t.v., but fact is every single one of us couldn't even touch the same field as him, or other players; if we could, we'd be much richer, and on the other side of the crosshairs.

Personally I think the guy is a benefit to the team. As fans we see the game in a different way than he does; kinda like the old man who just finished smoothing his concrete walkway, only to find his grandson walking through it messing up all of his work. Yea I think the commercial is funny too. But imagine him and the defense playing a pretty good game, only to watch from the sidelines the offense blow it after all their hard work. I'd be frustrated too!

He wants to win, I have no question about it; I don't question his heart, enthusiasm, or desire to be the best; but I do question some fans perspective into what they believe the player's abilities or heart to win.

SIC

NOW he feels like the cap penalty is partly his fault, after he accepted the outrageous Vinny contract and collected his enormous salary for a few years. I don't blame him for taking the money, but it's a little ****ing late to pretend to feel "guilty" about it.

I honestly can't believe people are buying this lol

How in the heck do you know if he feels guilty or not? My guess is he feels bad that it was his name attached to this cap hit, simply because they paid him too much to begin with. He went on record plenty of times before being cut stating that he wants to be here and will restructure and take a cut to help out. The Skins couldn't make it happen so they cut him. He had interest from other teams and didn't want to pursue them, he wanted to be back here, in DC and play for Haz and Mike.

Everyone needs to lay off D. Hall and learn how football is played, both on the field and off it. He was the best CB on our team, period. You cannot argue that. The reality is, there are people out there that don't research or understand topics and all they get out of the restructure is "Redskins restructured Halls contract, got a cap penalty for it, must be because of Hall"

He has done enough over his career to give himself a bad rep, now that he's older, maybe he doesn't want his name attached to the negativity of the sensitive cap issue. The coaches always talk good about him, so we know they like him. If Mike and Haz didn't, he wouldn't be here and they wouldn't take up for him (see McNabb, Donovan; Haynesworth, Albert, etc.).

I like gamers (no not talking about dudes who play Call of Duty or Worlds of Warcraft in their undies until 3:00 a.m.). And DHall is a gamer.

Biggest game the Skins have played in 20 years, facing one of the hottest players in the entire league, and he totally locked him down. Dominated. I'll take that guy on my team even if he occasionally makes you wonder what the hell he's doing.

D Hall away scared me. Sometimes I loved the results of the way he played, sometimes I did not, but he always scared me. His maturity and acceptance of where he fits into the Redskins cap drama is pretty impressive. Call me a hall fan now...hopefully I will not be scared week two.

Everyone needs to lay off D. Hall and learn how football is played, both on the field and off it. He was the best CB on our team, period. You cannot argue that.

It's arguable. The poor safety play makes it extremely hard to tell. The thing is...I wasn't even discussing his quality of play....at all. I'll even give Hall some credit for his play vs Dez Bryant in the last regular season game vs the Cowboys. He played a good game. It's beside the point, though.

Learn how football is played off the field? LOL, you're a pretty funny guy. I like it.

It's arguable. The poor safety play makes it extremely hard to tell. The thing is...I wasn't even discussing his quality of play....at all. I'll even give Hall some credit for his play vs Dez Bryant in the last regular season game vs the Cowboys. He played a good game. It's beside the point, though.

Learn how football is played off the field? LOL, you're a pretty funny guy. I like it.

Well, the business side and the appealing to fans side. Some players are obviously blowing smoke up the fan's ass when they talk about their love for the team, blow off questions about their contracts, etc. along with the body language they display when doing so. D. Hall has always been passionate about being a Redskin and based on what I've seen and heard, he's legit in what he says/feels. Actually, based off his documented passion for our team and fans, his offering to restructure and do anything to remain a Redskin, etc. I absolutely believe him 100% when he says he feels guilty now about restructuring, when he shouldn't at all.

Is he lying? I don't think so, if he is, so be it, then he puts on a good act and has us believers fooled.

I'm just happy the front office is competent enough to realize that he needed to be cut and allowed to test the market instead of restructured, and that giving him more than a one year deal was a bad move. Bodes well for the future of this franchise, imo.

The only thing I'm hating here is this puff piece of an article. I really don't mind if you get irate or resort to name calling over my criticism of it.

You got me I should have just ignored your comment since I didn't have a nice reply...You're entitled to your hate an objective opinion on who you want I was wrong for giving your comments any attention. httr!

Well, the business side and the appealing to fans side. Some players are obviously blowing smoke up the fan's ass when they talk about their love for the team, blow off questions about their contracts, etc. along with the body language they display when doing so. D. Hall has always been passionate about being a Redskin and based on what I've seen and heard, he's legit in what he says/feels. Actually, based off his documented passion for our team and fans, his offering to restructure and do anything to remain a Redskin, etc. I absolutely believe him 100% when he says he feels guilty now about restructuring, when he shouldn't at all.

Is he lying? I don't think so, if he is, so be it, then he puts on a good act and has us believers fooled.

I looked at his offer to restructure as more of a "Well I'm getting cut if I don't offer to take less, so I'd rather lose 4 mil a year than 6." To which the FO responded, "Sorry DHall, we need all 6, thanks in part to your bloated contract, feel free to test the market".

But that could just be my cynical nature. Thanks for trying to explain where the believers are coming from, though. Sometimes people take things too personally, it wasn't my intention to offend anyone. I'm merely skeptical of this article, and don't think my criticism of it should be such a taboo.

Its all good though, just a boring off season. I suppose the media has to talk about something.

You got me I should have just ignored your comment since I didn't have a nice reply...You're entitled to your hate an objective opinion on who you want I was wrong for giving your comments any attention. httr!

Ah, no problem man. I've done the same myself at some point. I wasn't just being a dick with my response to you. I really don't mind if you insult me, because I wasn't trolling. Merely voicing an opinion. We're all Skins fans here, and my opinions are worth no more than the next moron's.

HTTR

Well, sorry but I have to start off with the OP's remark of 'MeAngelo, and the lack of respect it shows regarding the guy. IMO not very 'inviting' of pleasantries.

Don't misunderstand, calling him MeAngelo was more of a 'My how times have changed' moment than anything. Kind of a passive aggressive remark toward those that really referred to him as that. I honestly never thought he was that selfish to begin with (in DC). I thought that would have been picked up on without saying. Sorry about that.

How could he feel the cap penalty was partly his fault before the penalty ever happened? lol :ols:...

You left some logic behind in your rush to criticize Hall.

Sorry, I missed this in the sea of hatred lol...anyways, a good CB should be psychic, right? :D

But yeah it was just the wrong wording there. I meant to say his contract rather than the cap penalty.

Looking back, I can sum up what put me off about this article much more succinctly. The FO decided to play hardball with Hall out of necessity, and now that he's tested the market, found little interest out there, and decided to come back at a greatly reduced salary, this story tries to spin it like he's doing the Skins a favor!

It just irked me. I have no problem with Hall playing here for another year. He's worth the contract he was given, and the Skins are really short on CBs.

Sorry to drudge this up, but you are one of my preferred posters, and I didn't want you to think I ignored you on purpose lol

Most misunderstood and underrated player in the history of ES. He is like the opposite version of Cooley.

Nah. Cooley is to this day a top two TE behind only a healthy Davis and Hall should learn how to long snap so we never have to see him fail miserably at trying to cover anyone again.

Some here know I stepped in regularly when Hall-bashing was especially excessive. I am right there with genuine well-founded and supportable criticisms (and Hall must bear those), but we usually have enough of the dumbass bashing type here (see Josh Morgan) that I like to get in its way at times. I'm fine with Hall's return for the reasonable cost, given our level of need, and think he's improved his game and look for the same this coming season. I think he's getting smarter with age.

Josh Morgan is also suffering an unfair onslaught at this time IMO. I would not want to line up as a corner with the Safeties we had last year.

---------- Post added April-2nd-2013 at 10:39 PM ----------

Originally Posted by kleese

Most misunderstood and underrated player in the history of ES. He is like the opposite version of Cooley.

should go in the best posts ever thread.

hall's heart has always been in the right place. just not his head sometimes lol...

That being said, id much rather have him playing for us this season than against us. If we had let him go to Dallas im sure it would have come back to haunt us at the worst possible time during the season hahaha :puke::thud: :deal:

Nah. Cooley is to this day a top two TE behind only a healthy Davis and Hall should learn how to long snap so we never have to see him fail miserably at trying to cover anyone again.

Thank you for making my point in two sentences.

So Carriker, Merriwheather, Moss, and Hall all restructured to help out the team in need. This kind of behavior never would have happened under Zorn's tutelage.

Mike and Bruce have turned this entire franchise around in three years...

...totally remarkable.

I'd thank RG3 myself... Players all over the league have shown that when you have a super star QB players will do whatever they can to play with him.

Sorry, I missed this in the sea of hatred lol...anyways, a good CB should be psychic, right? :D

But yeah it was just the wrong wording there. I meant to say his contract rather than the cap penalty.

Looking back, I can sum up what put me off about this article much more succinctly. The FO decided to play hardball with Hall out of necessity, and now that he's tested the market, found little interest out there, and decided to come back at a greatly reduced salary, this story tries to spin it like he's doing the Skins a favor!

It just irked me. I have no problem with Hall playing here for another year. He's worth the contract he was given, and the Skins are really short on CBs.

Sorry to drudge this up, but you are one of my preferred posters, and I didn't want you to think I ignored you on purpose lol

I thought I read a few tweets and articles that Hall did have interest from other teams but he wanted to return here? Hall was born in Virginia, went to Va Tech, so ill give him the benefit of the doubt when he says he always wanted to be here and it's not a fluff piece. All Deangelos friends and family are probably redskins homers, I have no doubt this piece is true.

When is the last time you saw Cooley actually on the field and performing like an NFL TE? As for Hall he had his moments last year, he just needs to shut up and play. Hall can't play corner and safety at the same time.

I like gamers (no not talking about dudes who play Call of Duty or Worlds of Warcraft in their undies until 3:00 a.m.). And DHall is a gamer.

Biggest game the Skins have played in 20 years, facing one of the hottest players in the entire league, and he totally locked him down. Dominated. I'll take that guy on my team even if he occasionally makes you wonder what the hell he's doing.

And now that he's no longer listed among the highest paid players on the team, i hope some of the venom could be reduced.

Archived