Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

I loved the finale. So many quotables in that episode, the best being "you cant heal under a mask. Wounds need air"

Lindelof still hasnt confirmed a 2nd season, but this season has been one of my favorites in a long time. I appreciate that he's being considerate about wanting a great story and importance rather than just cranking out another season just for quantity sake.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

I loved the finale. So many quotables in that episode, the best being "you cant heal under a mask. Wounds need air"

Lindelof still hasnt confirmed a 2nd season, but this season has been one of my favorites in a long time. I appreciate that he's being considerate about wanting a great story and importance rather than just cranking out another season just for quantity sake.

Many shows have been ruined that way. I wish more would do it right, instead of bleeding everything for dollars and cents. I havent watched the show yet. But I will st some point in the next few months.

As usual, so much stuff, so little time to enjoy it

On 12/12/2019 at 7:30 PM, visionary said:

Expanse season 4 is out now on Prime.

I started season one over the weekend. Admittedly, I fell asleep a couple times but that wasn't because I was bored with it. I'm digging this show.

I'm a little unclear about what the writers are trying to accomplish plot-wise though. I know the detective's main goal is to find the missing girl. I know that the small crew of belters were just trying to stay alive after an accident but I'm not quite sure what the main character is up to now that they are saved. I think I'm about to watch episode 7 if I remember correctly.

1 hour ago, Chachie said:

I started season one over the weekend. Admittedly, I fell asleep a couple times but that wasn't because I was bored with it. I'm digging this show.

I'm a little unclear about what the writers are trying to accomplish plot-wise though. I know the detective's main goal is to find the missing girl. I know that the small crew of belters were just trying to stay alive after an accident but I'm not quite sure what the main character is up to now that they are saved. I think I'm about to watch episode 7 if I remember correctly.

Little nitpick, but the crew isn't all Belters. Holden and Amos are from Earth, Alex is from Mars, Naomi is from the Belt. Without spoiling too much, the distinction is going to matter more later on because of the turmoil between Earth, Mars, and the Belt in the big picture.

Spoilers for what's going on up to season 1, episode 7:

Spoiler

Detective Miller is indeed looking for the girl. The rescued crew isn't all that sure what they want to do either, but Captain Holden wants to find out why they were attacked and what's really going on. On top of that, Holden and the crew own an expensive-to-run gunship that the Martians want back and that Earth doesn't trust. Fred Johnson, who runs Tycho Station, is willing to pay them and give them their only safe-harbor as part of his own OPA faction. Their first job from him is checking up on an agent on Eros.

• Thanks 1

I recently watched both seasons of The Sinner and really enjoyed it.  Very True Detective esque (the good first season) with onion layers.  Enjoyed it.

Also watched Absentia both seasons and it was pretty good.

Have to start Watchmen as all are on my DVR.

RIP Silicon Valley but it was a shell of itself after Erlich left and they killed off the first VC who had the burger test to see if Burger King is truly the kind of burgers.  LOL

5 hours ago, RabidFan said:

RIP Silicon Valley but it was a shell of itself after Erlich left and they killed off the first VC who had the burger test to see if Burger King is truly the kind of burgers.  LOL

You do realize the actor who played Peter Gregory (Christopher Welch) died after while shooting the first season, don't you?

Edited by PokerPacker

11 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

You do realize the actor who played Peter Gregory (Christopher Welch) died after while shooting the first season, don't you?

Yeah i knew that.  Just saying he was gold and the girl they brought in after just did a horrible caricature of the character he greatly created.  Loved the cicada chat he had.  The real fall off was when Erlich left the show.  Guilfoyle was always great and he was equally good on the early on Showtime show "Party Down" about a catering company...great cast too.

36 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

Yeah i knew that.  Just saying he was gold and the girl they brought in after just did a horrible caricature of the character he greatly created.  Loved the cicada chat he had.  The real fall off was when Erlich left the show.  Guilfoyle was always great and he was equally good on the early on Showtime show "Party Down" about a catering company...great cast too.

I agree with you there.  Peter Gregory was such a great character, and then they brought that woman in to try to recreate his magic rather than be her own thing, but it just wasn't there.

Edited by PokerPacker

18 hours ago, RabidFan said:

I recently watched both seasons of The Sinner and really enjoyed it.  Very True Detective esque (the good first season) with onion layers.  Enjoyed it.

Okay, too many people have recommended The Sinner to me. Time to hop onboard.

There's just too much TV out there these days!! (Never thought a homebody like myself would EVER say that.)