Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

23 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

As far as games made into shows, is Fallout better or worse than Twisted Metal? But that's pretty great on both platforms.

I can't comment on how closely it follows the games, but as a show, Fallout is better than Twisted Metal.

Fallout actually has a similar dark humor and over the top vibe to it in a similar manner that Twisted Metal did.

• Thanks 1

On 4/15/2024 at 7:39 PM, Bang said:

Just got apple TV.

"Monarch" is drool worthy. 
I am looking forward to starting "Sugar". Anything Colin Farrell is in, he's great.

~Bang

Sugar has been terrific so far. :)  

On 4/17/2024 at 8:41 PM, Bang said:

"The Completely Made Up Adventures of Dick Turpin" on Apple TV.

It’s the most absurd & absolutely hilarious show I’ve seen in some time. And I think he still looks like that dude from LA Guns :D 

• Haha 1

On 4/19/2024 at 5:56 AM, purbeast said:

I can't comment on how closely it follows the games, but as a show, Fallout is better than Twisted Metal.

Fallout actually has a similar dark humor and over the top vibe to it in a similar manner that Twisted Metal did.

Walton Goggins is money in pretty much anything he's in these days.  It has been a really enjoyable show so far.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Resident Alien’s future is in doubt. 

SyFy will not renew it. NBCU is thinking of putting it on USA but would require a budget cut of 500,000 per episode.

Since Netflix now airs it they may pick it up but international rights are own by various parties and they would have to negotiate it.

So, the future of show is uncertain.

Posted (edited)

The Unexplained with William Shattner is actually really good.  History Channel show, but in Nerflix now.

I look at it same way I did Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman...they wouldn't put they name on it if it was some bs.

Edited by Renegade7

8 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

The Unexplained with William Shattner is actually really good.  History Channel show, but in Nerflix now.

I look at it same way I did Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman...they wouldn't put they name on it if it was some bs.

Exactly, Just like Matt Damon and Crypto.com. 🤣

• Thumb down 1

Posted (edited)

So nobody else has watched Baby Reindeer on Netflix?

Without giving away any details at all...

It wasn't what I expected at all.

It was probably one of the most uncomfortable shows I've ever watched and yet still is at least 9/10.

Seems to perfectly depict the actions of a lot more people than you'd think.

Edited by SkinsFTW
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

So nobody else has watched Baby Reindeer on Netflix?

Without giving away any details at all...

It wasn't what I expected at all.

It was probably one of the most uncomfortable shows I've ever watched and yet still is at least 9/10.

Seems to perfectly depict the actions of a lot more people than you'd think.

I mentioned Baby Reindeer in this thread like a month ago but don't think anyone else has watched it.  

One of the craziest shows I've ever seen, I had absolutely no idea what to expect going into it.  And the fact that it's a true story makes it even nuttier.  

Not sure if you know or not (I didn't at first), but the dude who plays the main character is the actual guy in real life, he plays himself.  

• Like 1

Ok. I thought it just came out. I thought it was just going to be a comedy of sorts about the crazy woman. My wife recently worked with somebody like that so I thought she'd get a laugh out of it.

I did read on IMDB that the actor was the actual protagonist but I wonder how much is accurate.

On 5/12/2024 at 1:06 PM, SkinsFTW said:

Ok. I thought it just came out. I thought it was just going to be a comedy of sorts about the crazy woman. My wife recently worked with somebody like that so I thought she'd get a laugh out of it.

I did read on IMDB that the actor was the actual protagonist but I wonder how much is accurate.

I’m three episodes in. Yes, uncomfortable is the correct term for it. I’ve read a little where there are some blatant exaggerations/inaccuracies in it. I’ll read more, but I don’t want spoilers.

I had a roommate in college who experienced something loosely similar to the premise. It was awful.

14 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

The 4th and final season of Evil starts next week.

I gave up on it after a feew episodes of S1 originally back in the day. Is it all camp? Or it is more of a solid x-files lite type of stuff? 

Looks like S2 of Outer Range is out now. Anyone watch it?

On 5/12/2024 at 10:53 AM, Chew said:

I mentioned Baby Reindeer in this thread like a month ago but don't think anyone else has watched it.  

One of the craziest shows I've ever seen, I had absolutely no idea what to expect going into it.  And the fact that it's a true story makes it even nuttier.  

Not sure if you know or not (I didn't at first), but the dude who plays the main character is the actual guy in real life, he plays himself.  

Just wrapped it up last night. Is it a true story though? The Martha character has been outed, but there’s no documented arrest record. People can’t figure out who Darrien is in real life. Is it a true story, or Gadd’s truth which may not be totally based in reality? 

It was difficult to watch, but an excellent, excellent show.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

I gave up on it after a feew episodes of S1 originally back in the day. Is it all camp? Or it is more of a solid x-files lite type of stuff? 

Looks like S2 of Outer Range is out now. Anyone watch it?

Mixture of X-Files camp.

Even though it was canceled, the got 4 more episodes to finish the story; which they probably are filming now.

10 hours ago, Ball Security said:

Just wrapped it up last night. Is it a true story though? The Martha character has been outed, but there’s no documented arrest record. People can’t figure out who Darrien is in real life. Is it a true story, or Gadd’s truth which may not be totally based in reality? 

It was difficult to watch, but an excellent, excellent show.

Fair question, I'm not entirely sure.  

Spoiler

Apparently there's a video floating around of the real life stand-up he did where she was heckling him and laughing all crazy, but I've not looked for it.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Chew said:

Fair question, I'm not entirely sure.  

Hide contents

Apparently there's a video floating around of the real life stand-up he did where she was heckling him and laughing all crazy, but I've not looked for it.  

I wonder if the viral video of his performance is out there.

Real life Martha has an interview with Piers Morgan. The actress who plays her nails it.