Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

8 hours ago, The 12th Commandment said:

Nope, one a week after a two episode opener.

Apple did the same thing with Hijack. 

Anyone else watching Joe Pickett on Paramount +?

2 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

The Shield is the greatest show ever.   

Thank you! Most people who I've talked to about it just think its ok or haven't watched it before.  I easily place it in top five shows of all time.  And without a doubt it has the best pilot of all time and possibly best series finale of all time!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I have not heard anyone mention Mrs. Davis on Pea**** and I'm here to tell you guys that it's not only great but hilarious. It's about a nun who sets out to destroy an AI entity that's taking over the world. 

Highly recommend.

9 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Personally think the Lost pilot episode is my #1 pilot. The ending of the show wasn't for most, and the writer's strike hurt it's momentum and storyline, but that pilot was phenomenal. 

J.J. Abrams not having a plan for anything and just building empty mystery box after empty mystery box didn't help it reach a satisfying conclusion, either.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

J.J. Abrams not having a plan for anything and just building empty mystery box after empty mystery box didn't help it reach a satisfying conclusion, either.

That's why I didn't give Lost a go.  It has this grand crescendo, riffing sparks of genius to rocket it faster but goes out in a silent whimper. 

Of course a lot of fans said the same thing about Game of Thrones and its finale but I didn't think it was that bad? Sure it could have been better but it tied up all the character arcs in a satisfying manner, at least to me.

22 minutes ago, Bishop Hammer said:

That's why I didn't give Lost a go.  It has this grand crescendo, riffing sparks of genius to rocket it faster but goes out in a silent whimper. 

I didn't know any better at the time.  I did eventually get bored and just never watched the last season.

22 minutes ago, Bishop Hammer said:

Of course a lot of fans said the same thing about Game of Thrones and its finale but I didn't think it was that bad? Sure it could have been better but it tied up all the character arcs in a satisfying manner, at least to me.

I understand the issue there is that the show runners went from adapting written works to having to come up with their own story after they got past the author's work and that's where it went wrong.  They were suited for the first job and less so the second job.  That's the show I never watched, though, so I can't really judge it.

Sanctuary on Netflix

It's a Japanese series about a " tough, desperate kid becomes a sumo wrestler, captivating fans with his ****y attitude, and upsetting an industry steeped in tradition"

I'm 5 episodes in.  The insight into the Sumo culture, which is absolutely brutal, is fascinating. it's a great story and the Japanese cinematography is amazing.

On 7/10/2023 at 7:43 PM, The Evil Genius said:

Doctor Who related...hidden for the F bomb.

Reveal hidden contents

I think Ncuti will be a good doctor. He maybe only a 2 season doctor. After he films his second season; he wants to return to the theater.  So, he might leave show then.

On 7/11/2023 at 2:36 PM, Chachie said:

I have not heard anyone mention Mrs. Davis on Pea**** and I'm here to tell you guys that it's not only great but hilarious. It's about a nun who sets out to destroy an AI entity that's taking over the world. 

Highly recommend.

My wife and I finished watching it a few weeks ago.

I didn’t recommend it because it’s not for everyone. It’s one of those strange crazy genres.

If you like Mrs Davis…. you’d probably dig Preacher. That was pretty cool/amazing until the last 3 episodes that filled me with regret/disappointment.

Currently watching Furbar with Arnold  Schwarzenegger on Netflix.  It's one of those shows where you have nothing to watch and want to watch a series.  It's a good show with some humorous parts of the show.  If that's doesn't intrigue you, the lead female character is gorgeous so something to look at while watching the show.

Writers strike is still going with no end in sight.  Actors had a deadline last night, they maybe on strike to.

That pretty much shuts down the entire entertainment industry at the movie and tv level.

Next week’s San Diego Con is probably going to be empty, since there will be no actors there. So, probably no posting of panels this year.

14 hours ago, Die Hard said:

My wife and I finished watching it a few weeks ago.

I didn’t recommend it because it’s not for everyone. It’s one of those strange crazy genres.

If you like Mrs Davis…. you’d probably dig Preacher. That was pretty cool/amazing until the last 3 episodes that filled me with regret/disappointment.

I started watching Mrs. Davis this week, I love the absolute craziness of this style of show. Preacher is a solid comparison and was what I thought of after the first two episodes. 

• Thumb up 1

Rewatching Rebels before Ahsoka premieres next month. I would definitely recommend since the eps are 22mins on average and the last 5 minutes at the end of S1 alone are some of the best reveals in Star Wars. 

Timeline wise it's set 5 years before New Hope and ends 1 year before it. Ahsoka picks up 10 years later (same time as Mandalorian).

Edited by The Evil Genius

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Is Witcher Season 3 worth it at all?

Well lets see...most of witcher season 2 Yennefer was basically trying to sacrifice Ciri to get her powers back.  Apparently WItcher season 3  would have you believe that this is, in fact, an excellent foundation for a mother daughter relationship.

Clearly I've been parenting wrong...