Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

Been spending time across the pond with family and my Irish sister in law pulled up The Young Offenders for us to watch in the evenings. 

Highly recommend if you like sitcoms but I would recommend watching with subtitles as the Irish accent from Cork (where filmed) is laid on thick. 

IMG_4298.jpeg

• Like 1

On 5/11/2023 at 1:03 PM, Die Hard said:

I’d recommend Station Eleven. 1 season only (miniseries) and 10 episodes. Another pandemic post-apocalyptic story… a little artsy fartsy at times…. but the story is actually pretty interesting and told well.

It helps if you’re familiar with Shakespeare and specifically Hamlet. But it isn’t necessary.

Station Eleven was sneaky FANTASTIC. Man, that ending tore me up. It's not for everyone but it sure was for me and I only tried it because I wanted something to nap in front of.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Chachie said:

Station Eleven was sneaky FANTASTIC. Man, that ending tore me up. It's not for everyone but it sure was for me and I only tried it because I wanted something to nap in front of.

Honestly, I wanted to give up on it after each of the first 3 episodes. It reminded me of an old TV show Carnivale…. which followed around a travelling circus. The concept of following a travelling theatrical group in a post-apocalyptic world was ugh…. but I heard so many good things. So glad I stuck it out.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, FuriousD said:

Been spending time across the pond with family and my Irish sister in law pulled up The Young Offenders for us to watch in the evenings. 

Highly recommend if you like sitcoms but I would recommend watching with subtitles as the Irish accent from Cork (where filmed) is laid on thick. 

IMG_4298.jpeg

I’ll have to check this out. I loved, loved, loved Moone Boy. Derry Girls seems pretty good too so far, but I have to lean on the subtitles for it.

Spy/Master on HBO max has been a nice discovery. Spy triller about the head of Romanian intelligence trying to defect. I'd recommend changing the language to Romanian since it defaults to the English dub. Lots of English is spoken already but weird when they're in Romania and everyone's speaking English.

Just watched the first season of The Last Of Us. I liked it a lot. As always with TV shows, there is an unrealistic factor to it, which I have learned to just accept. Joel went from near death to waking up 100%, then taking out a bunch of guys. And when they get to the hospital and he learns Ellie is going to die, he mows down like 30 people as if he was Rambo and saves her. Predictable **** but hey....I get it, can't let the hero die.

Overall enjoyable. I like how they give some context to the pandemic and explain what happened. Post-apocalyptic zombie shows seem to be all the fad now. I have the video game but never played it, I'll have to now.

Shrill.

I just finished watching season 1 of 3. It’s a drama-comedy. Stars Aidy Bryant from SNL from the perspective of being overweight. Kind of a mix of The Office (awkward humor) and Ted Lasso (feel good).

Nice little light show that’s been a pleasant surprise and truly enjoyable. Very good IMBD and Rotten Tomato scores too.

• Like 1

Season 2 of The Bear is incredible!  It's one of the best shows I've watched so far this year. It's at 100% on rotten with 52 critics. 

There are some huuuuuge cameos that I was really surprised by, and they were great in their roles.  I wanna say so much but don't wanna spoil anything.  

Whatever you guys are watching, when you're done, watch S2 of The Bear :headbang:

• Thumb up 1

47 minutes ago, Chew said:

Season 2 of The Bear is incredible!  It's one of the best shows I've watched so far this year. It's at 100% on rotten with 52 critics. 

There are some huuuuuge cameos that I was really surprised by, and they were great in their roles.  I wanna say so much but don't wanna spoil anything.  

Whatever you guys are watching, when you're done, watch S2 of The Bear :headbang:

So just skip season 1 of this show I know nothing about and watch specifically season 2 blind?

11 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

So just skip season 1 of this show I know nothing about and watch specifically season 2 blind?

Definitely have to watch Season 1 first,  you'd have no idea what's going on LOL.  Second season picks up right after the first one.  

The writing and acting are 🤌🏽

On 6/22/2023 at 4:12 AM, abdcskins said:

Just watched the first season of The Last Of Us. I liked it a lot. As always with TV shows, there is an unrealistic factor to it, which I have learned to just accept. Joel went from near death to waking up 100%, then taking out a bunch of guys. And when they get to the hospital and he learns Ellie is going to die, he mows down like 30 people as if he was Rambo and saves her. Predictable **** but hey....I get it, can't let the hero die.

Overall enjoyable. I like how they give some context to the pandemic and explain what happened. Post-apocalyptic zombie shows seem to be all the fad now. I have the video game but never played it, I'll have to now.

You have to remember that at the end of the game when he's in the hospital trying to save her, it is the climax and last part of a video game where this was taken from.

Same with much of the other unrealistic factors you mention.  

It's like that in the show, because it's like that in the video game.

• Like 1

If you're a sci-fi fan, highly recommend Silo on Apple+. The season finale aired last week and it broke the show's subreddits LOL.  Strong cast - Rebecca Ferguson, David Oyelowo, Will Patton, Common, Tim Robbins.  

It's based on a book trilogy and already been renewed for S2.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1