Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

If you have it on your phone and you screencast it while out of town, does it use the same IP address if you are on the network?

I would love to be on vacation for more than 7 days.

Here's some of the details:

1. Giving your login to people outside your home is officially no bueno. This is the biggest change, the seed from which the other rules sprout and multiply. The company that infamously tweeted “Love is sharing a password” five years ago this March now specifies that if freeloaders outside your household want Netflix, they’ll have to pay for a new account. 

2. Expect to verify your devices at some point. You’ll do that with a four-digit code sent to the account owner’s email with a 15-minute expiration window. You may also have to renew the credentials every once in a while. You’ll have to renew (i.e., log in into your home network) those credentials every 31 days.  Keep in mind that Netflix’s pricing plans differ on how many devices you can use simultaneously.

3. Traveling with Netflix will only slightly suck, Netflix swears!  The new guidance states “If you are the primary account owner (or live with them), you shouldn’t need to verify your device to watch Netflix” while traveling, then follows it immediately with a paragraph stating that you may have to re-verify said device if you’re away for a longer than seven days. 

4. Netflix will be watching you more closely 😳. The company will “use information such as IP addresses, device IDs, and account activity from devices signed into the Netflix account” to sniff out offenders, it promises. To be clear, it already had all this information from the jump, feeding it back to its spiders so they can sling you algorithm-approved programming. Given the added scrutiny on IP addresses and how they interface with your account, you may also run into issues if you’re frequently using, say, a VPN to stream content from different countries. 

Lilnk

Netflix Sharing Rules

2 hours ago, China said:

Here's some of the details:

1. Giving your login to people outside your home is officially no bueno. This is the biggest change, the seed from which the other rules sprout and multiply. The company that infamously tweeted “Love is sharing a password” five years ago this March now specifies that if freeloaders outside your household want Netflix, they’ll have to pay for a new account. 

2. Expect to verify your devices at some point. You’ll do that with a four-digit code sent to the account owner’s email with a 15-minute expiration window. You may also have to renew the credentials every once in a while. You’ll have to renew (i.e., log in into your home network) those credentials every 31 days.  Keep in mind that Netflix’s pricing plans differ on how many devices you can use simultaneously.

3. Traveling with Netflix will only slightly suck, Netflix swears!  The new guidance states “If you are the primary account owner (or live with them), you shouldn’t need to verify your device to watch Netflix” while traveling, then follows it immediately with a paragraph stating that you may have to re-verify said device if you’re away for a longer than seven days. 

4. Netflix will be watching you more closely 😳. The company will “use information such as IP addresses, device IDs, and account activity from devices signed into the Netflix account” to sniff out offenders, it promises. To be clear, it already had all this information from the jump, feeding it back to its spiders so they can sling you algorithm-approved programming. Given the added scrutiny on IP addresses and how they interface with your account, you may also run into issues if you’re frequently using, say, a VPN to stream content from different countries. 

Lilnk

Netflix Sharing Rules

If I had a million dollars, instead of sharing netflix, I'd do two flix at the same time.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

They're going to end up losing more money with this new policy. So dumb. 

I wonder if this will effect/impact the viewership of a new show coming out. 

An account holder might not watch the new show but maybe someone in their family would who is a shared user. I would think a lot of good shows might get canned since not many people are watching it and will be deemed not popular.

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

Good take. The services are getting more expensive and the experience is getting worse.

But I think their goal is subscriptions, not necessarily viewers.  

So, you have one household and 3 people outside the home sharing the password watching content.  If 1 of those 3 people gets a subscription now, that's better for Netflix than all 3 watching stuff by sharing a password.  They'll probably take that.  

13 minutes ago, zCommander said:

I wonder if this will effect/impact the viewership of a new show coming out. 

An account holder might not watch the new show but maybe someone in their family would who is a shared user. I would think a lot of good shows might get canned since not many people are watching it and will be deemed not popular.

I'm sure Netflix will factor that in. At least I would hope they're smart enough to see the context of a decline in viewership.  They'd recalibrate what a "successful" show is.

• Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, Ball Security said:

Speaking of streaming services, has anyone used DIRECTV stream?  I understand that it is the only one that has MASN. I currently have Hulu.  I like it, but may think about dropping it so I can watch baseball.

I haven't used Directv Stream (had satellite), but for regional sports which is from Bally Sports, you have to go through direct tv (either satellite or stream) IIRC.  

Edit:  I just dropped Direct TV satellite, which had all the regional sports channels (from Bally Sports) and got YouTube TV and will not be able to watch any Braves, Hurricanes, Hornets games cause no other streaming platform carries them (Bally Sports contract with Hulu and YouTube expired and they did not negotiate a new one). 

I care less about the Hornets cause I'm a Bulls fan, but it is going to suck not being able to watch my Braves.  I might flip back and forth from YouTube and Directv Stream.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

Any decent 1/2 hour comedy shows out there I need to see? Looking for newer stuff. Already saw "Dead to me" (good show) "Younger" (real good, Friends type vibes) and now watching "Ted Lasso" (also very good) But need something new in the rotation. Thanks for any recommendations. 

2 hours ago, GoDeep81 said:

Any decent 1/2 hour comedy shows out there I need to see? Looking for newer stuff. Already saw "Dead to me" (good show) "Younger" (real good, Friends type vibes) and now watching "Ted Lasso" (also very good) But need something new in the rotation. Thanks for any recommendations. 

The Good Place

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, GoDeep81 said:

Only Murders in the Building. Some episodes may run past 30 minutes, but it’s well worth the watch.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2023 at 10:32 AM, Ball Security said:

Speaking of streaming services, has anyone used DIRECTV stream?  I understand that it is the only one that has MASN. I currently have Hulu.  I like it, but may think about dropping it so I can watch baseball.

I'm using DirectTV stream.  There are some thing I don't like about it such as certain NFL games not being available, but otherwise it works for me.  I don't watch baseball, so I can't comment on that.

• Thanks 1

On 2/3/2023 at 10:32 AM, Ball Security said:

We have Directv Stream and it is nice having MASN.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, China said:

I'm using DirectTV stream.  There are some thing I don't like about it such as certain NFL games not being available, but otherwise it works for me.  I don't watch baseball, so I can't comment on that.

Tell me more about certain NFL games not being available.  You get CBS, ESPN, FOX, and NBC right.  I’d it the Thursday night games on Amazon you are missing?  Is there no NFL network?

6 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Tell me more about certain NFL games not being available.  You get CBS, ESPN, FOX, and NBC right.  I’d it the Thursday night games on Amazon you are missing?  Is there no NFL network?

I would guess he is talking about out of market games.  There is no NFL Network and I do miss that but there aren't games on that channel that aren't available elsewhere  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Buzz is correct.  There is no NFL network.  When they stream the games on Amazon I can watch them, but there are some early in the season that are only on NFL Network, or are supposedly on CBS, but won't show on the CBS feed I get (as Buzz said for out of market games).