Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

Settled on The Last Kingdom on Netflix and it's alright I guess.

And "The Tourist" on HBO... which is also alright, but a little more alright than "last Kingdom"..
Wife and I have been watching "Inventing Anna", and she likes it a lot more than me. I hate pretty much every character in it, and their lifestyle.. ugh. 

~Bang

Edited by Bang

Yakuza vs the Tokyo PD in the late 90s.  Ken Watanabe stars and Michael Mann is heavily involved behind the scenes.  Filmed entirely on location in Japan.  

Tokyo Vice.  March 7th.  HBO MAX. 

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, zCommander said:

Has anyone watched Piece of Her or In From the Cold on Netflix? Are they any good?

I have watched both. They are both "good." There are times when one just isn't getting "great" from Netflix because they've seen all the great stuff and are waiting for certain movies/shows to get released. This is one of those times for me. I'd say In From the Cold was the better of the two, but they are both what I call "holdovers." They'll hold you over until something great comes along.

On 3/14/2022 at 1:23 PM, Bang said:

And "The Tourist" on HBO... which is also alright, but a little more alright than "last Kingdom"..

~Bang

I enjoyed the Tourist!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/14/2022 at 1:23 PM, Bang said:

Settled on The Last Kingdom on Netflix and it's alright I guess.

Wife and I have been watching "Inventing Anna", and she likes it a lot more than me. I hate pretty much every character in it, and their lifestyle.. ugh. 

~Bang

My wife and have 5 more episodes to go to finish this last season.

Whoever was responsible for character costume and make-up design for the show deserves a flogging.

The story transpires over a course of 25+ years…. and absolutely no character has aged a day since episode 1. 2 kings grew beards… that was it.

On the other hand, kudos to the actors and actresses who after 5 years/seasons, haven’t changed a lick.

”Destiny is all!” Well, mostly… at least some of times…. on occasion, well not really… Brida WTF is your problem?!?

Edited by Die Hard
  • Like 1

‘Cobra Kai’ Creators Say Season 5 Will Have “A Lot Of Insanity”; More Seasons “Already Planned Out”

“The bad guys won in Season 4, so there’s going to be some hell to pay, whether there’s more hellfire or retribution,” added co-creator Josh Heald, who says in the next season “there’s lot of people punching each other, kicking other, but the story is going to go in a new way that no one can possibly predict.”

When does Cobra Kai hang up its belt?

“We have an end in mind,” adds co-creator Hayden Schlossberg, “How many seasons it takes to get there, we don’t know. We’re enjoying making it so much.”

He added, “If it gets tiring to us, we’ll stop before that; we have a few more seasons already planned out.”

8 hours ago, zCommander said:

‘Cobra Kai’ Creators Say Season 5 Will Have “A Lot Of Insanity”; More Seasons “Already Planned Out”

“The bad guys won in Season 4, so there’s going to be some hell to pay, whether there’s more hellfire or retribution,” added co-creator Josh Heald, who says in the next season “there’s lot of people punching each other, kicking other, but the story is going to go in a new way that no one can possibly predict.”

When does Cobra Kai hang up its belt?

“We have an end in mind,” adds co-creator Hayden Schlossberg, “How many seasons it takes to get there, we don’t know. We’re enjoying making it so much.”

He added, “If it gets tiring to us, we’ll stop before that; we have a few more seasons already planned out.”

Netflix will decide that. Wouldn’t surprise me if Season 5 is it.

20 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Finished Upload Season 2. Honestly a drop off from Season 1. And fewer episodes too.

Considering it took so long to get season 2 out… doesn’t bode well. Wife and I watched season 1 way back, we enjoyed it… planned on watching season 2 after finishing The Last Kingdom (1 episode left).

I’ve never been into sci-fi. I’ve watched almost all the Star Wars movies - damned if I can remember anything or follow any plot lines - and I was a casual watcher of Star Trek Next Generation - I watched whenever I found it on TV.

But Im really enjoying The Expanse. The first few episodes are a bit of a slog… but the 1-hr episodes pack in so much. So many episodes in each season I thought could have been season finales. Highly recommend.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 3/6/2022 at 10:22 PM, Spaceman Spiff said:

15 minutes into this Lakers show on HBO and I am absolutely hooked.  This is ****ing awesome. 

They nailed the look/feel of the era.  And the way it's filmed in parts it's like a documentary of the era.  But Jerry Buss and Magic Johnson are breaking the 4th wall and it's great.  

The portrayal of a Jack Kent Cooke is chilling tbh. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Die Hard said:

I’ve never been into sci-fi. I’ve watched almost all the Star Wars movies - damned if I can remember anything or follow any plot lines

Almost all doesn't count. If you have Disney+ you get the order to watch from online and watch them in that order. Then you will have a better understanding of the plot line. It is no different than watching a war between two superpowers. Think of Putin as Darth Vader and Romania as the rebels. 

Edited by zCommander

5 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Almost all doesn't count. If you have Disney+ you get the order to watch from online and watch them in that order. Then you will have a better understanding of the plot line. It is no different than watching a war between two superpowers. Think of Putin as Darth Vader and Romania as the rebels. 

And who are the Orcs? 

It’s nice to enjoy a little entertainment now and then…. let’s not get carried away.