Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

1 hour ago, visionary said:

Dirk Gently is still pretty entertaining and still pretty weird, lol, 6 episodes in now.

Also noticed there is a Serious of Unfortunate Events (Lemony Snicket series on Netflix now with Neil Patrick Harris and Patrick Warburton in it. 

(just saw an ad for it on youtube)  

Frontier looks interesting as well.  

Yeah I noticed those new shows as well

Another one is this show called Spectral. Don't know much but it seems to be supernatural/action/sci Fi based, maybe. Promo screen is of a guy in some kind of future soldier getup, surrounded by mist

I've loved nearly every minute of the CW super hero shows...but after completing Season 1 of Daredevil..I now see why having 13 episode seasons makes more sense for these shows. 

As I said last week..D'Onofrio's Kingpin was amazing. And really..the show's writing was excellent.

I only wish (spoiler below)...

Spoiler

while they did a good job of showing Matt's backstory (espeically with Stick), I wish they would have shown more on how Wilson Fisk learned to be a badass (other than protecting his mom) and gained his wealth. Perhaps S2 shows that..but so far it looks like Fisk is forgotten. I'm only a few episodes into S2 though.

Also..I just realized that the actor who plays Foggy is the same one who played Fulton Reed on the Mighty Ducks. :headbang:

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

I've loved nearly every minute of the CW super hero shows...but after completing Season 1 of Daredevil..I now see why having 13 episode seasons makes more sense for these shows. 

As I said last week..D'Onofrio's Kingpin was amazing. And really..the show's writing was excellent.

I only wish (spoiler below)...

Hide contents

while they did a good job of showing Matt's backstory (espeically with Stick), I wish they would have shown more on how Wilson Fisk learned to be a badass (other than protecting his mom) and gained his wealth. Perhaps S2 shows that..but so far it looks like Fisk is forgotten. I'm only a few episodes into S2 though.

Also..I just realized that the actor who plays Foggy is the same one who played Fulton Reed on the Mighty Ducks. :headbang:

Bash Bros 4 Lyfe. Keep watching, though

• Like 1

in our current (netlix) rotation

a very secret service:   i love it.  it is a comedy about the french secret service in the 60s.    5 stars

IT crowd:   just finished it :( but i love this one, too.  brit comedy, basically "the office" setup, funny as hell   5 stars

broadchurch:   just a couple of episodes in, it is ok..but i am not sure if we are going to sick with it   (investigation into the murder of a 10 year old boy in a small english tourist town)  3 stars

Wallander: swedish police drama.  love it :)    but... just finished :(  (there is also a brit version.. i haven't seen that version)  5

stars

iZombie:    just started it, and like it (a med student turned into a zombie, and trying to figure out what to do next... comedy)  4 stars

Johnathan Strange and Mr Norell:   Brit show late 1800s about magic and stuff... its really good :)    5 stars

Rockford files:  just finishing up the last season... and they are staring to jump the shark tank,,,,  but this series is ****ing awesome.  

Longmire:   a copshow in montana near an indian reservation...   its ok... but not good enough to keep watching -- 3 stars

Young Doctors Notebook:  it has the Madmen guy and Harry Potter, a doctor during the russian revolution.  comedy... i like it :)   4 stars

On 1/23/2017 at 3:46 PM, mcsluggo said:

broadchurch:   just a couple of episodes in, it is ok..but i am not sure if we are going to sick with it   (investigation into the murder of a 10 year old boy in a small english tourist town)  3 stars

Slightly surprised on this one. I thought Broadchurch season one was fantastic( season 2, not so much). Definitely stick with it through season 1

• Like 1

Anybody seen any Amazon originals worth watching? "Man in the High Castle", or "Vikings", etc.? Looking for new shows to watch. I've never seen Mad Men, so I'll probably start that one soon, so I'm just looking for additional options. Any other Netflix originals you guys would highly recommend?

1 hour ago, ExoDus84 said:

Any other Netflix originals you guys would highly recommend?

Not an original, but on Netflix, I just finished Penny Dreadful last night. One of the shortest TV shows ever (I'm not even sure it went 25 ep's), but very well done. It stars Eva Green, Timothy Dalton, and Josh Hartnett.

Centers around Victorian era London (an era I find fascinating, seeing as I'm an avid fan of the occult/supernatural mythos).

Very dark, yet also very glamorous and authentic. Includes many famous characters from dark tales. I'd recommend it to a anyone that likes that sort of thing.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

1 hour ago, shakinaiken said:

Slightly surprised on this one. I thought Broadchurch season one was fantastic( season 2, not so much). Definitely stick with it through season 1

i've actually watched 2/3 of the first season.   I like it, kinda, but i get tired of it.    The soundtrack is CONSTANTLY stuck in  "build up dread, because something awful is about to happen" mode... and eventually that just gets numb and tedious.  

1 hour ago, ExoDus84 said:

Anybody seen any Amazon originals worth watching? "Man in the High Castle", or "Vikings", etc.? Looking for new shows to watch. I've never seen Mad Men, so I'll probably start that one soon, so I'm just looking for additional options. Any other Netflix originals you guys would highly recommend?

Amazon - Goliath (Billy Bob Thornton) was really good imo.  Just finished Sneaky Pete, it was great.  It has Bryan Cranston (Walter White from Breaking Bad) in it.  Definitely worth a watch for both of those shows.

Netflix - Stranger Things, Travelers, 3%, The Ranch, Bloodline, Narcos, and they just added Frontier which looks good, I haven't watched it yet though.

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Not an original, but on Netflix, I just finished Penny Dreadful last night. One of the shortest TV shows ever (I'm not even sure it went 25 ep's), but very well done. It stars Eva Green...

Worth watching just to see her naked. Smokin' babe.

Just noticed they have a trailer for Santa Clarita Diet starring Drew Barrymore and Timothy Olyphant (Deadwood, Justified) on Netflix.  

I can't watch it at the moment, but apparently it's a comedy about a cannibal or zombie? couple.

Edited by visionary

On 1/26/2017 at 0:37 PM, TK said:

Just started SIX on the History channel, mainly because my guy Walter Goggins stars in it. First one is on InDemand & the second show aired last night I believe. Looks like both of them can be streamed here: http://www.history.com/shows/six

I'm hopin six will fill the hole that Cinemax series left...can't think of the name...spec-ops unit...great gun fights...and i think i heard its coming back...so far, six is ok, but not quite there for me...love walter but then you know i was a big fan of Justified..liked stranger things which won a sag award tonight..

8 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

I'm hopin six will fill the hole that Cinemax series left...can't think of the name...spec-ops unit...great gun fights...and i think i heard its coming back...so far, six is ok, but not quite there for me...love walter but then you know i was a big fan of Justified..liked stranger things which won a sag award tonight..

Just finished the first season of Splinter Cell on Showtime. Kinda 24ish with the terror cel attack thing in LA but a good show.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TK said:

Just finished the first season of Splinter Cell on Showtime. Kinda 24ish with the terror cel attack thing in LA but a good show.

Damn, hot tip---hadn't even heard about that. Oboy! That was one of the few games I ever played (way back, PC version, only cuz I was a Clancy fan---esp. of Mr. Clark who i so identify with).

1 minute ago, Jumbo said:

Damn, hot tip---hadn't even heard about that. Oboy! That was one of the few games I ever played (way back, PC version, only cuz I was a Clancy fan---esp. of Mr. Clark who i so identify with).

****. It's actually called Sleeper Cell. 

41 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Strike Back?