Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

Veep is great.

The Leftovers on HBO has gone full LOST (Lindelof does Leftovers)

I gotta catch up on Leftovers.  Biggest problem I have is the excessive downtime between seasons and the quantity of shows I watch during the void (for all shows really), I tend to forget some details (especially newer programs) from the previous season.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw that Sy-Fy is running a tv series based on The Magicians by Lev Grossman, with a preview episode Wednesday night and the series starting in January.  

Looks pretty cool from what I've seen.  

It seems as if some things will be changed from the books of course

(the possible biggest change being they will be including someone's story-line from the second book in the first season, it seems)

Edited by visionary

The Expanse episode two aired tonight on Sy-Fy and episodes 1, 3, and 4 are on demand.  Pretty good so far.  Episode 4 is intense.

I was only half paying attention to it, but it seemed like it could be interesting. When did SyFy learn they were allowed to have good original programming?

I watched "Luther" on Netflix or Prime, don't remember which.  It was very well done.  Though, for me, Idris will always be "Stringer Bell" so it took a while to get over that.

But "Man in the High Castle" was absolutely outstanding.  I binged it the day it was fully released.  Highly recommend it.

• Like 1

I was only half paying attention to it, but it seemed like it could be interesting. When did SyFy learn they were allowed to have good original programming?

Dark Matter was really good (a bit like Firefly, but more serious and dark), and so far The Expanse seems good.  It reminds me of Babylon Five a little.  Also The Magicians looks good, although of course that's probably going to be more of a fantasy show.  Killjoys is fun to watch too, but I'm not huge fan of it (it's a little messy and doesn't have very many characters).  My parents liked it a lot though.

Dark Matter was really good (a bit like Firefly, but more serious and dark), and so far The Expanse seems good.  It reminds me of Babylon Five a little.  Also The Magicians looks good, although of course that's probably going to be more of a fantasy show.  Killjoys is fun to watch too, but I'm not huge fan of it (it's a little messy and doesn't have very many characters).  My parents liked it a lot though.

Packer always hatin' on SyFy lol

But Dark Matter was excellent.  Killjoys I couldn't get into, maybe I'll give it another shot later on.  Z Nation is funny, great B side zombie show.  Twelve Monkeys was excellent.  Haven has delivered, done after this current season though.

Got to watch The Expanse and Childhood's End, both look good.

Season 2 of Amazon Prime's "Transparent" is out, wife and I are gonna binge watch the entire the whole thing this weekend.  Season 1 was so good.  98% on Rottentomatoes, 91% on Metacritic, 8/10 on IMDB.  Really good show, highly recommend.  It's laugh out loud funny.

Jeffery Tambor won both a Golden Globe Award and An Emmy for best actor in a TV series.

It's about a Jewish family in LA and dad comes out as trans and we follow him and his family as dad struggles with identity issues and being a woman.

slide_395996_4858848_compressed.jpg

Edited by Chew

The Expanse (Sy-Fy) is on Demand now. Haven't watched it yet (starting now), but it looks interesting and I've heard the books it's based on are good.

I watched the first episode. Can't tell if it's social commentary drama disguised as sci-fi like Galactica or will turn into action sci fi like Dark Matter.

So I've partially watched "The Affair" (since my wife is watching it I pay attention to it some of the time).  She is addicted to it, and chick-show or not, I find it entertaining.  Except that EVERY character (I seriously mean every one) is despicable overall.  Didn't think that was possible to do a show with every character as an unsympathetic figure.

• Like 1

So I've partially watched "The Affair" (since my wife is watching it I pay attention to it some of the time).  She is addicted to it, and chick-show or not, I find it entertaining.  Except that EVERY character (I seriously mean every one) is despicable overall.  Didn't think that was possible to do a show with every character as an unsympathetic figure.

My wife watches that too.  It seems decent from the few episodes i've watched.  Does Ruth ever get nekkid?

Shameless Season 6 starts in 2 weeks on Showtime.  Probably a top 5 show for me right now.  William H. Macy as a homeless alcoholic is laugh out loud funny

My wife watches that too.  It seems decent from the few episodes i've watched.  Does Ruth ever get nekkid?

Shameless Season 6 starts in 2 weeks on Showtime.  Probably a top 5 show for me right now.  William H. Macy as a homeless alcoholic is laugh out loud funny

she was more nekkid season 1, but she goes bare often

not sure what they have left for Shameless, they've done just about everything

• Like 1