Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins agree to terms with cornerback E.J. Biggers

RedskinsFanInTX

Lets say Biggers is the day one starter. Is this an upgrade or downgrade from Hall?

Depends who the Safeties are...

If we do not upgrade our safeties + our rush LB Orakpo and Carriker are out again (especially Orakpo) our backfield will just be as bad.

Remember with out Madoodoo we could have one extra win NYG(1st game), RG3 would not have to try so hard vs Ravens(no injury), we would have won game against Seattle, and win the Superbowl.

I BLAME MADIEU!! JK....

Lets say Biggers is the day one starter. Is this an upgrade or downgrade from Hall?

Downgrade IMO. Don't think he really is starter material for ANY team in the NFL. Would rather see drafting all safeties and corners in the draft than pick up a known well below average player from another team. The 'skins don't seem to be making good front office decisions this year.

Downgrade IMO. Don't think he really is starter material for ANY team in the NFL. Would rather see drafting all safeties and corners in the draft than pick up a known well below average player from another team. The 'skins don't seem to be making good front office decisions this year.

^^^ awful.

Signing Biggers means we'll probably go with a safety in round 2.

Ill believe that if we resign Hall. Biggers doesn't fix a hole with the starting CB or the other starting CB. He's a nickle most likely. So yeah the Skins didn't fix anything here.

---------- Post added March-20th-2013 at 04:37 PM ----------

Downgrade for sure

This is bad. Morris seems to want to bring all of his former players to DC. I can venture a guess ... but why is this so bad? Talib had an altercation with in London and they tried to bring him in. Biggers was on a team with a pass defense worse than the Skins. Sometimes good players, real good players, play on bad units, don't know if their effectiveness or lack their of was all because of him This signing is a step backwards. If he does not pan out ... we got to keep him on the roster the entire year?

WTF are they doing? Gawd, this is the worst front office ever.

I'm sure you are being sarcastic towards my comment. My point is that we have been completely handcuffed by the bogus cap penalty to the point that this is our only option. I am sure he will be serviceable, but that is the weakest part of our team. We don't need serviceable, we need GREAT! Would have loved to be in the running for AT from New England.

This is one of the best front offices I can remember us having in forever... save your sarcasm for somewhere else. Thanks.

I like the signing but...

The irony is killing me. People who thnk they know something about football laughing about someone who checked Madden.

EA has a team of scouts who determine the ratings. Whatever website and/or publication you quote has a team of scouts to determine grades for each player.

Now you may not give much credibility to the Madden scouts, thats fine but quit acting like you know better because you buy magazines or check websites. Its all an educated guess.

Unless you are an NFL scout yourself, then in that case give us your assesments.

Thanks

Hey, Madden has put me ups on a couple of sleepers. Now they don't do a really good job of scouting their subs and certain ratings are very subjective, like awareness or play recognition. And normally they do a poor job on first year UDFAs. But I take their input just like I take everybody else's. I mean at least its a quick access opinion to just about every player in the league.

The bottom line is this is what smart teams do. Nobody is saying free agency shouldn't be used or that we should sign bad players just because they're cheap, but the reason teams like the Packers, Steelers and Ravens are and will remain successful as long as the people that are running those teams stick around is that they have an assembly line of good players that fit their system because they draft very well and give their draftees a chance to play early on. Because of this they can pick their spots for higher profile signings/trades and usually get them right, and they also know how to find bargains in free agency like Corey Graham who ended up being a huge contributor for a superbowl team. I don't know whether Biggers will work out or not but I do know our front office is FINALLY somewhat following this formula so I'm stepping back and giving them the benefit of the doubt. In another thread, someone pointed how well we did in free agency under Gibbs, but the last thing I ever want to see is a repeat of that. Two playoff appearances, one win and a roster that flamed out a few years later.

This is awful. We need big name signings that will be talked about on ESPN and NFL Network all day in order to win. There's a reason Vinny Cerrato retired a D.C Sports hero and icon.

:rotflmao: I was starting to take this post seriously until I saw the Cerrato comment. If Biggers can execute what Morris and Haslett want on defense, then this is a decent signing.

Here's more info on Biggers Madden info.

Overall - 72

Speed - 94

Strength - 44

Agility - 88

Acceleration - 92

Awareness - 69

Trucking - 10

Elusiveness - 74

Ball Carrier Vision - 50

Stiff Arm - 10

Spin Move - 65

Juke Move - 78

Carrying - 45

Catching - 51

Route Running - 20

Catch in Traffic - 25

Spectacular Catch - 25

Release - 15

Jumping - 87

Tackle - 47

Hit Power - 36

Power Moves - 22

Finesse Moves - 24

Block Shedding - 30

Pursuit - 49

Play Recognition - 67

Man Coverage - 75

Zone Coverage - 78

Press - 59

Stamina - 88

Injury - 90

I find this intersting, but like I said I take it with a grain of salt. If I were playing career mode in Madden, I'd probably sign this guy for his speed and let him compete for a backup spot though having a 72 means he barely makes my cut as I normally don't keep players below 70.

That said, here are the same qualities for R. Crawford and Chase Minnifield.

Overall - (69, 64)

Speed - (91, 82)

Strength - (49, 39)

Agility - (89, 85)

Acceleration - (87, 90)

Awareness - (57, 49)

Trucking - (10, 31)

Elusiveness - (81, 80)

Ball Carrier Vision - (72, 69)

Stiff Arm - (25, 32)

Spin Move - (74, 72)

Juke Move - (82, 74)

Carrying - (66, 55)

Catching - (58, 74)

Route Running - (35, 34)

Catch in Traffic - (44, 70)

Spectacular Catch - (45, 73)

Release - (40, 39)

Jumping - (87, 82)

Tackle - (55, 60)

Hit Power - (42, 55)

Power Moves - (25, 25)

Finesse Moves - (26, 35)

Block Shedding - (39, 32)

Pursuit - (65, 77)

Play Recognition - (60, 73)

Man Coverage - (75, 65)

Zone Coverage - (80, 83)

Press - (76, 83)

Stamina - (88, 91)

Injury - (90, 83)

Like I said, I take these ratings with a grain of salt, and a particularly large one because these are all low round draft picks or UDFAs which Madden has a historical tendancy towards undervaluing until they actually prove themselves. If I recall, Alfred Morris started off with a rating in the 60s and it wasn't until somewhere around the playoffs that he got a rating in the 80s.

Thinking Skins, hate to say it but I think you're doing it wrong when it comes to career mode in Madden. You should be completely ignoring Overall. Saying that you don't keep many players below 70 tells me you actually care about it. It is heavily influenced by AWR which is useless for many positions. You should only be looking at position specific ratings. A DT with an OVR of 75 might be that way because of a 45 AWR rating, but be the most dominant DT in the game because of high STR, Block Shedding, TKL, Hit Power, Power Move, etc. Awareness and OVR are overrated and in lots of cases useless.

This is the only type of move we can make this year, and so in that case you maximize all the intangible 'potential', like he had a better 2012 than any of his first 3 years, he's familiar w our coach, our coach is familiar w him, he's young. 7th round pick means nothing to me 4 years later, now its about what kind of player he is. He must be doing something right to still be in the league.

I think this is a good signing. Young player with some upside who probably didnt cost alot. Heres some info. on him.

Scouts Inc.

Biggers is a good-sized cornerback with legitimate top-end speed and very good foot quickness and agility. He can extend the cushion with a fluid, compact pedal and is able to flip his hips to open and run with receivers deep with limited restrictions. He is quick in transition and drives on balls thrown in front of him, but he still needs work on route recognition and reading the quarterback's eyes from off coverage. He is willing to insert himself on run support but is not an especially physical tackler near the line of scrimmage. He shows good ball skills when in position to make a play but could use more strength as he competes for the ball in a crowd.

http://thepewterplank.com/2013/03/09/go-e-j-thats-my-e-j-why-i-am-the-only-tampa-bay-buccaneers-fan-who-likes-e-j-biggers/

So basically we have 2-3 young corner with potential that could overachieve with an improved pass rush having Orakpo and Carriker coming back. I have no choice but to like it, but even without the gun to my head I'm cool with it.

That first pick does need to be a safety. We still don't have a FS on the roster, last year showed how that just cannot be ignored as a weakness.

Archived