Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins agree to terms with cornerback E.J. Biggers

RedskinsFanInTX

I was just trying to get a feel for this guy because besides from the 1 highlight link someone put up, what else do we have to go on? Its not like anyone has ever paid attention to this guy before we cut DeAngelo. You probably guessed I play Madden alot but I know a downgrade when I see one.

Check over in the FA Thread (should be able to dig up some better info. without having to go to Madden). It was pointed out over there that he rated higher in efficiency and production than any of our corners last year. He's also young and something we could afford. I think this is a great signing. While it's not a flashy name and not many people recognize him, it's someone who can come in and contribute.

Check over in the FA Thread (should be able to dig up some better info. without having to go to Madden). It was pointed out over there that he rated higher in efficiency and production than any of our corners last year. He's also young and something we could afford. I think this is a great signing. While it's not a flashy name and not many people recognize him, it's someone who can come in and contribute.

Thanks Haus for the direction, I really do hope he is a diamond in the rough for us !

I don't think that necessarily follows. Sure there is still a good chance we select DB in round 2. But there is also a good chance we go BPA and get lucky that man fills a need somewhere on the roster. I dont see CB or Safety as a lock in round 2.

The biggest need is at FS now. Draft is heavy with safeties. It's a good probability BPA is a safety. Even if it isn't, round 2 you need to draft for need. My philosophy is go with need through round 3, then go BPA. This year it helps that the draft is DB heavy, and that's our biggest need.

A 7th round pick from Tampa. Depressing!

WTF are they doing? Gawd, this is the worst front office ever.

Well, just turned on my Madden 13 just to see how Biggers was rated in the game. ( Objectivity?) The things I liked about him were the speed/acceleration however the things I didn't like were his catching ability and tackling. So I don't expect alot of ints for this guy or making those tackles that DeAngelo used to make. But hopefully, he can have alot of passes defended to help expedite the offense getting off the field on 3rd down.

wow, umm good scouting bro.

I was just trying to get a feel for this guy because besides from the 1 highlight link someone put up, what else do we have to go on? Its not like anyone has ever paid attention to this guy before we cut DeAngelo. You probably guessed I play Madden alot but I know a downgrade when I see one.

Biggers is much better in coverage than Hall. He's not a downgrade. He graded out higher than any of our DBs this past year. He's not Champ, but he's a definite upgrade.

Signing Biggers means we'll probably go with a safety in round 2.

If Cousins showed us anything, it showed us we'll go BPA when we pick.

If that player is an offensive player, so be it.

What we 'should' do and what we probably 'will' do are two completely different things bro'. I aren't banking on anything come draft day.

Hail.

They're signing what the majority of people here want - flashy big names

He's young and cheap (I assume his contract was "cheap"). You have to have guys line up and play corner. He would seem to be a good option, but they decided to let him go.

Biggers is much better in coverage than Hall. He's not a downgrade. He graded out higher than any of our DBs this past year. He's not Champ, but he's a definite upgrade.

True, but some of that PFF grading is dubious at best. I'm happy with the signing, but if we need this guy to start for 16 games I'll be a little disappointed. He's a helpful addition to our roster, but I seriously doubt a top 20 CB who's healthy signs for next to nothing.

If Cousins showed us anything, it showed us we'll go BPA when we pick.

If that player is an offensive player, so be it.

What we 'should' do and what we probably 'will' do are two completely different things bro'. I aren't banking on anything come draft day.

Hail.

I would argue he was a need pick. We had an aging Grossman, who is less than careful with the ball, as our backup. IIRC, Shanahan said he was the highest rated QB on their board, which isn't the same as the highest rated player.

Shanahan also said that he was going to pick Russel Wilson in the 4th if the Seahawks hadn't already chosen him, which tells me they were going QB no matter what.

I would argue he was a need pick. We had an aging Grossman, who is less than careful with the ball, as our backup. IIRC, Shanahan said he was the highest rated QB on their board, which isn't the same as the highest rated player.

Shanahan also said that he was going to pick Russel Wilson in the 4th if the Seahawks hadn't already chosen him, which tells me they were going QB no matter what.

I'd argue we had bigger needs at that time.

But it'd be a moot argument as Captain Kirk is our guy and one we're now 100% behind going forward.

Hail.

They're signing what the majority of people here want - flashy big names

I feel more queezy about flashy big names. Those are the guys that I wonder why their old club didn't resign them. You also usually have little option but to keep them even if they are not working out. The n-tier guys? You can cut bait if they are not working out and are more likely to find them on the street even though they do create value.

Archived