Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins agree to terms with cornerback E.J. Biggers

RedskinsFanInTX

I feel more queezy about flashy big names. Those are the guys that I wonder why their old club didn't resign them. You also usually have little option but to keep them even if they are not working out. The n-tier guys? You can cut bait if they are not working out and are more likely to find them on the street even though they do create value.

Yeah I agree - I'm in the small portion that don't want the next big name - I want the guy who's hungry and wants to prove himself instead of the one looking for the next payday

The biggest need is at FS now. Draft is heavy with safeties. It's a good probability BPA is a safety. Even if it isn't, round 2 you need to draft for need. My philosophy is go with need through round 3, then go BPA. This year it helps that the draft is DB heavy, and that's our biggest need.

I almost agree with everything you say. My sincere hope is that BPA and need meet at 51. I just don't think it HAS to be safety and I certainly don't want to "reach" for a FS at that selection. Drop down, add a pick and take your man later or stay with the BPA. This team still needs a big infusion of talent pretty much across the board.

I would argue he was a need pick. We had an aging Grossman, who is less than careful with the ball, as our backup. IIRC, Shanahan said he was the highest rated QB on their board, which isn't the same as the highest rated player.

Shanahan also said that he was going to pick Russel Wilson in the 4th if the Seahawks hadn't already chosen him, which tells me they were going QB no matter what.

Aging Grossman? He was 32. QB's can play just fine for another 5 years.

This is the kind of signings I like. Decent, underapprectiated, players for this defense. Guys like Josh Willson and Bowen. Now we have Biggers and Wilson starting with either Chase or Crawford panning out. Then we still have the draft to add another decent CB. All we need is a a rookie safety that can wrap up tackle and not let the ball go over his head.

Well, just turned on my Madden 13 just to see how Biggers was rated in the game. ( Objectivity?) The things I liked about him were the speed/acceleration however the things I didn't like were his catching ability and tackling. So I don't expect alot of ints for this guy or making those tackles that DeAngelo used to make. But hopefully, he can have alot of passes defended to help expedite the offense getting off the field on 3rd down.

:rotflmao:

Aging Grossman? He was 32. QB's can play just fine for another 5 years.

Yeah, but he was an old 32. It looked like he needed to be greased up to get into his uniform for the Browns game. And even if he was only 28, he still wasn't careful with the ball.

---------- Post added March-20th-2013 at 02:12 PM ----------

True, but some of that PFF grading is dubious at best. I'm happy with the signing, but if we need this guy to start for 16 games I'll be a little disappointed. He's a helpful addition to our roster, but I seriously doubt a top 20 CB who's healthy signs for next to nothing.

Fair enough, but it's dubious at best for all the positions we're comparing, so it's consistent (even if it's consistently below average). Hall, Wilson, and Biggers got the same dubious grading, so it evens itself out.

Well, just turned on my Madden 13 just to see how Biggers was rated in the game. ( Objectivity?) The things I liked about him were the speed/acceleration however the things I didn't like were his catching ability and tackling. So I don't expect alot of ints for this guy or making those tackles that DeAngelo used to make. But hopefully, he can have alot of passes defended to help expedite the offense getting off the field on 3rd down.

Well as they say, "there's no substitute for quality scouting". Good job sir... :ols::silly:

I like the signing but...

The irony is killing me. People who thnk they know something about football laughing about someone who checked Madden.

EA has a team of scouts who determine the ratings. Whatever website and/or publication you quote has a team of scouts to determine grades for each player.

Now you may not give much credibility to the Madden scouts, thats fine but quit acting like you know better because you buy magazines or check websites. Its all an educated guess.

Unless you are an NFL scout yourself, then in that case give us your assesments.

Thanks

Per PFF

E.J. Biggers. He was our No. 34 cornerback last season at +3.8 and his +6.2 coverage grade ranked 20th. However, in 2011, Biggers ranked last out of 66 qualifiers with 2.00 Yards/Cover Snap and quarterbacks had a 119.2 QB Rating while throwing into his coverage. In 2012, he improved to 1.26 Yards/Cover Snap and a QB Rating of 93.1. 2012 represented Biggers’ first positive grade since being drafted in the seventh round in 2009, so the Redskins are rolling the dice that last year was a sign of improvement rather than an anomaly.

The irony is killing me. People who thnk they know something about football laughing about someone who checked Madden.

EA has a team of scouts who determine the ratings. Whatever website and/or publication you quote has a team of scouts to determine grades for each player.

Now you may not give much credibility to the Madden scouts, thats fine but quit acting like you know better because you buy magazines or check websites. Its all an educated guess.

Unless you are an NFL scout yourself, then in that case give us your assesments.

Thanks

It was how it was stated in regards to how poorly Bigger's catches and the assumption of a downgrade that made it funny.

I couldn't help but think back to Ethan Albrights letter to John Madden regarding his ratings in the game :ols:

Thanks

Dude, its a video game. Its not real life no matter how much you want it to be.

We have $18mill less than almost everyone else. I expect a few more signings like this.

Here is an interesting little article from a bucs fan re: Biggers.

Thanks, that was a good read. I expect we're about done in free agency. If there's anything significant between now and the draft, it'll probably be a safety or bringing back Meangelo.

Thanks

The funny thing is...what dude pulled off of Madden is inline with what is being reported by people familiar with Biggers' play.

Thanks, that was a good read. I expect we're about done in free agency. If there's anything significant between now and the draft, it'll probably be a safety or bringing back Meangelo.

I agree. I'm hoping Hall will be back at a incentive laden contract.

Archived