Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vendetta of a Former Cop, Manhunt Underway for Ex-Cop Suspected in Three Shootings (2 wounded, 3 dead)

Fergasun

I don't condone his actions. I can see where he feels his life is over, and I think presenting the provided document to a ton of media outlets would have sufficed. Inquiries would be in order, and perhaps the truth would get out.

Killing innocents, Frank Castle style, is just terrible. I hope this ends swiftly, whatever that entails.

---------- Post added February-8th-2013 at 01:15 PM ----------

Really the guy is now a hunted fugitive and a former cop. As people in prison that are criminals if he gets captured alive, he will be open season with those inmates he has put away.

I doubt he makes it to prison. More likely, he ends up in the medical examiners office.

Really the guy is now a hunted fugitive and a former cop. As people in prison that are criminals if he gets captured alive, he will be open season with those inmates he has put away.

I seriously doubt if he will be alive after killing folks, and letting the LAPD put cuffs on his wrists. Unfortunately, there will be a gun fight between him and the LAPD.

Sounded like several tailgate regulars

I scanned thru just some parts of the "manifesto" very briefly and can't believe anyone would take the time to read thru the entire thing (unless you're law enforcement investigating the developing case or doing it while at work and getting paid to waste time).

I just read his manifesto...and...wow. I don't think this man is insane...but uncontrollably enraged...I cannot condone killing of innocent people...but if the truth in all of this lies somewhere in between his words and the LAPD's word...I don't know if I can be that mortified if he offs some of the corrupt elements in the LAPD that he mentions in his manifesto.

At the very least the manifesto would prolly turn out a better TV drama then 99% of the bull**** on tv.

It's intense. I was expecting incoherent, psychotic ramblings. It reads like a monologue from a Tarantino movie.

I seriously doubt if he will be alive after killing folks, and letting the LAPD put cuffs on his wrists. Unfortunately, there will be a gun fight between him and the LAPD.

If he is caught alive which is doubtful I honestly don't know if he will get convicted. There is some pretty bad hate of the LAPD. Just takes one on the jury to hold out.

After skimming through the manifesto, few observations.

1. First, I'm wondering why this doofus didn't just hire a publicist and release a scathing tell-all book. Then go on to sell the movie rights and "retire" with more money than any of the LAPD officers could ever dream of. How is he from LA and still not have nailed down this concept?

2. I may not spell or punctuate everything correctly here, but if I'm writing my grand **** you manifesto to the world, I'm going to make sure proper tenses, spelling, punctuation, etc. are all in place; the entire focus should be on my scathing **** you world message.

3. I very much appreciate him taking the time to clarify to America that he took "non lethal" action against a fellow first grader on the playground during grade school. Of course it was the other kid's fault for unleashing Dorner's 1st grade badassness---luckily for that bully, Dorner was able to restrain his lethality during that day's game of four square.

4. I like that he rhetorically asked LAPD officers if they had "delusions of grandeur" --- irony in its finest.

5. Anyone saying this guy is living in reality and hasn't snapped...is crazy.

K,

1. That is not in his agenda as repeated in his manifesto. He is going full vigilante to right the wrongs he thinks happened to him.

2 While reading I thought it was an on-going personal diary that he picked and choosed what to add.

3. That to me goes back to point #2.

4. He might have been right on that, and I am friends with several law enforcement people in several states.

5. I agree, I think...the guy clearly is on some type of mission....challenges the authorities to even consider trying to stop him. Some points are true/likely, most are grossly overstated.

K,

1. That is not in his agenda as repetead in his manifesto. He is going full vigilante to right the wrongs he thinks happened to him.

2 While reading I thought it was an on-going personal diary that he picked and choosed what to add.

3. That to me goes back to point #2.

4. He might have been right on that, and I am friends with several law enforcement people in several states.

5. I agree, I think...the guy clearly is on some type of mission....challenges the authorities to even consider trying to stop him. Some points are true/likely, most are grossly overstated.

Kosher, I was being a smart ass. :)

I wouldn't expect a guy willing to go Rambo on SoCal's ass to want to get revenge through published words (although he appears to have taken great pride in his rambling diatribe against all things wrong in the LAPD and this world in general).

He is the epitomy of "delusions of grandeur" with his manifesto and mission to "right" everything that has been wronged against him...by going out and waging a guerilla war against authorities and innocent people alike.

He's the victim, everyone else is the big, bad perpetrator. His mission is righteous, everyone else's is sinful and unjust. His rambling, disorganized and sometimes incoherent thoughts all point to him truly believing he's on a righteous mission that he is going to die for. He's delusional. Worse, he doesn't care if he dies and even expects to. He just wants to take out as many people he can in the process. I have no doubt if he had access to nuclear launch codes he wouldn't hesitate to nuke LA; he appears to be that level of crazy.

The guy also has a major chip on his shoulder that has (as evidenced by several of his rambling, historical recounts) been exposed on many an occasion throughout his lifetime. While he has tried to keep it contained, the firing appears to be the event that tipped his crazy scale.

With as mentally off-kilter as he is, this event appears to have been highly premeditated on his part.

Hopefully they will be able to catch him before he injures or kills anyone else.

I don't mean to troll, and although this might draw the ire of some people, I'm rooting for him.

Sort of.

Not so much murdering innocent people, but I've long thought police need more independent oversight and to be demilitarized and the system given an overhaul. I believe what he says about horrible stuff LAPD has done and am sure it happens all the time all over. So I'm rooting for his actions bringing some change to the "blue shield", or whatever it is they call it. Given the police searching for him shooting as many people as Dorner has haphazardly, I'm inclined to believe he knows more dirt and that they don't want to catch the guy any way other than dead.

Haven't read his manifesto, so no opinions about that, I might try to read it eventually. This whole thing is so crazy, it's sure to be a movie by the end of my lifetime. Also his quote "I was told by my mother that sometimes bad things happen to good people. I refuse to accept that" sort of reminds me of the closing lines of Se7en, which I'll not post here for fear of spoiling a good movie.

This guy might have stood a chance at getting some support from the public had he not killed that officers daughter & fiancé. I'm not saying I'd help him, but other people might have if he stuck to killing dirty cops, as sad and twisted as it is to say that. I think those 2 victims will be the face of this tragedy, and I think they are viewed as unjust & cold blooded murders, something hard to support even if someone was inclined to support his overall "cause" if you will. I refer to it like that because I don't really want to justify killing people as a way to get a message across, I think this is sick & misguided, there are others ways to go about making a spectale to clear ones name as he puts it in his manifesto, ways that don't involve killing anyone. Sadly, this man thought he was out of those other options & chose this terrifying path.

Here's hoping this ends as peacefully as possible. I really think more fatalities will occur, I just hope there are as few as possible.

He is apparently, a very big fan of Piers Morgan. How many more operatives has Morgan hidden in our society?

Well, that's at least a hallmark for poor taste. Seriously though, I just read that there are multiple FB fan appreciation pages for this guy right now. Are people that messed up or is there simply that many people who just loathe authority? The interwebz really brings out the dark side of some people...

Well, that's at least a hallmark for poor taste. Seriously though, I just read that there are multiple FB fan appreciation pages for this guy right now. Are people that messed up or is there simply that many people who just loathe authority? The interwebz really brings out the dark side of some people...

It really does. I mean, this guy shot family members. He is a rotten human being and sick. Very, very ill

Yeah, supporting this man is extremely messed up. People are idiots though, so it's not surprising to see people supporting this. Maybe they should watch the funerals of the innocent victims whose lives have been taken by this psycho.

I work in a Psych hospital and I often do work with people who just outright HATE authority. It blows my mind. Our society HAS to have authority otherwise it would crumble. Some people just grow up without any type of structure and think that they can have it their way for their entire lives. I often work with the annoying kids who just bash police and authority because they simply don't even know another way lol.

They will try the guy 10 times if they have to. They will eventually find 12 that will convict.

You do know you can only get tried for crime once, right? I suppose they can try him for each killing and shooting seperately though, if that's what you meant.

You do know you can only get tried for crime once, right? I suppose they can try him for each killing and shooting seperately though, if that's what you meant.

They'll likely throw every crime in the book they can possibly find at him, from littering on down.

But my money says he's not taken alive.

~Bang

This is incorrect. If there is a hung jury the prosecutors can try again. If he is acquited then it is final.

Archived