Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Following. POSSIBLE SPOILERS

Kilmer17

I echo much of what's been said. It looks like we have a broadcast network show that will eclipse the previous leader for darkness of crime content (Criminal Minds). Good casting and premise. The trick will be in making it hold up over time. Something I thought was going to be difficult for Dexter---an intense dark theme that would seem to have limited legs, story-wise over an extended period---but that one went so well that I am hopeful.

There is only so many times that the "good" characters can be revealed as working for the Punisher lookalike before it gets old.

I can see why this is just 14 episodes this season.

So which one of the cops do you guys think is working with Carroll? C'mon, you know one of them is!

I immediately picked one of the main liaison FBI agents---the young female agent (seems to be of some East Asian heritage) , but I am having a hard time matching cast pictures/names with her and don't remember the characater's name.

I immediately picked one of the main liaison FBI agents---the young female agent (seems to be of some East Asian heritage) , but I am having a hard time matching cast pictures/names with her and don't remember the characater's name.

I was also thinking her but I'd give my official vote to that cranky older dude that made some comment like "well he's your problem now" in reference to Kevin Bacon's character being involved with the new investigation.

We (my wife and I) dvr'd it yesterday and didn't watch it until last night.

We were excited about it, but weren't even going to watch it until the Caps started sucking. And then we decided to start it and from start to finish it was outstanding. It's got everything you could ask for. Well thought out, well written, well directed.

I immediately set the dvr to record the series. I'm very excited about this show!

Can you share them?

Nothing too big...Just stopped thinking. But the following.

1- How did the nanny get the kid out of the house? Cops were all over that place, I get the nanny was trusted, but no one questioned her just walking out with the sun? Even after the mom was screaming no one said "Oh - he left a hour ago"

2- The neighbors that took the girl thru the panel- The cops were outside the door. Yet they killed the cops? So it wasn't just a matter of coming in thru the panel, but also opening the door and grabbing the cops, all while the downstairs was crawling with cops?

3 -The original case.. How many girls were killed? like 8 (could be wrong on the number). so 8 girls are murdered, they are ALL in that guys class, who teaches POE. And Kevin Bacon is the ONLY FBI agent to suspect him? To the point where he had to follow the guy on his own with no support? Really? I think 8 girls are murdered the same way and they all had the same professor would be a HUGE red flag. Not a 1 man on his own. Not to meantion it was enough to write a book? They said Kevin Bacon was following him on his own, then he caught him in the act at the sorority house, and he shot him. How did that make a book? (Although I accept maybe the book was about the trail more).

4- Speaking of the Sorority house -So Kevin Bacon was outside the house I guess because he followed him there (He said earlier he followed him EVERYWHERE). Since Kevin was walking around the house its safe to assume he followed him to the house. Then he did...nothing? Waited? Watched two girls walk into a empty house that he knew the guy was there?

Those are just the ones that popped in my head. Maybe they explain them later. I do like the show and will keep watching. Just decided not to think of it to hard.

Nothing too big...Just stopped thinking. But the following.

3 -The original case.. How many girls were killed? like 8 (could be wrong on the number). so 8 girls are murdered, they are ALL in that guys class, who teaches POE.

4- Speaking of the Sorority house -So Kevin Bacon was outside the house I guess because he followed him there (He said earlier he followed him EVERYWHERE). Since Kevin was walking around the house its safe to assume he followed him to the house. Then he did...nothing? Waited? Watched two girls walk into a empty house that he knew the guy was there?

Interesting points, but I looked at the 2 above a bit differently then you did.

3. I dont remember them saying the number of girls killed, but as far as I can remember the only 1 that was for sure from his class was Maggie Grace. the rest would have been random sorority chicks that he stalked. It would make sense to have more security on that campus though.

4. If he was following him and didnt want to be noticed, he would have followed him from a distance. Perhaps he lost him in the neighborhood and didnt know exactly which house that he was in until she screamed.

It's b/c I think Kevin Bacon's character is also a Follower who strayed. (Hope that doesn't ruin anyone's experience with the show, but it's either very ambiguously implied to throw the audience off... or it's true.)

My wife and I watched the show last night, primarily b/c of all the excitement in this thread. It was entertaining, but by the end I thought the whole premise of the show is kind of corny. I'm gonna give it a chance but so much of it seems predictable at this point and the way they move the plot from scene to scene is too difficult to buy into with suspended disbelief.

Interesting points, but I looked at the 2 above a bit differently then you did.

3. I dont remember them saying the number of girls killed, but as far as I can remember the only 1 that was for sure from his class was Maggie Grace. the rest would have been random sorority chicks that he stalked. It would make sense to have more security on that campus though.

4. If he was following him and didnt want to be noticed, he would have followed him from a distance. Perhaps he lost him in the neighborhood and didnt know exactly which house that he was in until she screamed.

First of all, good observations by TMK.

Secondly, I agree more with you on these 2 points. I don't think all 8 took this guy's class. I'm also not sure (I could have missed it) that all 8 were college girls on that campus. Otherwise, you're right, it would have been far-fetched to think that school would even still be in session. As for the Bacon not doing anything proactive...if he's only suspecting someone I'm not sure he can do much more than he did. It's not like he had witnessed this man killing at this point, so it's a stretch to confront a suspect before you have any concrete reason to believe he's the guy.

Yeah...maybe.

Again - I want to keep saying I enjoyed the show. (I keep saying that because sometimes I hate in these threads when someone comes in and points out all the flaws and says "This is why I dont watch" I dont want to be that guy. LOL. I enjoyed it....)

But I looked - At least on the reviews it was 14 girls all identified as "Students". Perhaps ex students? Maybe not his students? (Although to TD's point, you would suspect more security. The 2 girls that walked in the house said "there is a killer on the lose and you want me to watch my manners" ). Just seems like 14 girls killed and 1 of the common things was the prof, our FBI really stinks if only 1 agent suspected him. :)

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2013/01/the-following-review-pilot-episode-101.html

Yeah...maybe.

Again - I want to keep saying I enjoyed the show. (I keep saying that because sometimes I hate in these threads when someone comes in and points out all the flaws and says "This is why I dont watch" I dont want to be that guy. LOL. I enjoyed it....)

But I looked - At least on the reviews it was 14 girls all identified as "Students". Perhaps ex students? Maybe not his students? (Although to TD's point, you would suspect more security. The 2 girls that walked in the house said "there is a killer on the lose and you want me to watch my manners" ). Just seems like 14 girls killed and 1 of the common things was the prof, our FBI really stinks if only 1 agent suspected him. :)

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2013/01/the-following-review-pilot-episode-101.html

I might actually re-watch since my impression (could have been lack of attention) was that this was happening over a more spread out area. Students can attend more than one university which would make it tough to point to a specific professor. So, if all 14 were his students, then you have found yourself a pretty big plot hole. Even if all 14 were from the same college, it's pretty tough to imagine that classes wouldn't be suspended.

And don't worry...the points you're bringing up are fun to discuss. Personally, I promise not to hit you with a "then don't watch"...even if you are crushing me in the debate or making better points than I am! :ols:

Don't you guys ever just sit back and enjoy a show? I mean, there are plot holes in almost everything on television. It was a good start to a new show. I didn't love some of the gruesome stuff, particularly the dog part, but it looks like it has potential.

Don't you guys ever just sit back and enjoy a show? I mean, there are plot holes in almost everything on television. It was a good start to a new show. I didn't love some of the gruesome stuff, particularly the dog part, but it looks like it has potential.

LOL! See TD! It happened!!

I'm just kidding Hersh - No - I agree. It actually started with me saying it was really good. I really enjoyed it. In fact, so much that the next day I was still thinking about it and had to get myself to stop since I was thinking of plot holes....

LOL! See TD! It happened!!

I'm just kidding Hersh - No - I agree. It actually started with me saying it was really good. I really enjoyed it. In fact, so much that the next day I was still thinking about it and had to get myself to stop since I was thinking of plot holes....

I had a lot of the same thoughts as you because I have been looking forward to this show and didn't want it to be totally ridiculous. Than I remembered I watch and love Justified and Sons of Anarchy so it would have to be really ridiculous for me to have problems with it.

Just watched it. Seems like a show with an interesting Manson-like plot potential and Kevin Bacon is great, love him. Too dark and gory for me though; probably why I could never get into Dexter and the like, either.

Anyway, time to go to bed and have nightmares :ols:

Archived