Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com - RGIII Hurt In First Quarter

JaimeDeCurry

i said this in another post. that's why i don't get all the criticism of the decision by shanahan. it was painfully obvious to me that he was hurt the series after the 2nd TD. then he said in the post game that he felt it and it scared him. i wouldn't be surprised if his knee gave out (aka tore) on that specific play. he should have been taken out, but he still would have been done for the season if we had won.

This isn't entirely true. Seahawks have a great D. We weren't going to put up 48 on them. RG3 was ineffective both due to injury and probably also due to adjustments they made (or that they just stepped up their game).

Seriously? You gasto be kidding right?

Even my wife who doesn't watch football was saying why is he still there when he can barely walk. I kept trying to make excuses for Robert. Everybody saw he wasn't pretending to be limping... the dude was noticeably limping. This loss still gnaws at me... I would have had no qualms if we ran the ball and got stuffed. Talk about just gifting the game to Seattle and then to hear from the loud mouth roided up on coffee and Addrall fans.

This is just too painful.

RG III is definitely my guy but before this year I wouldn't even consider Trent one of my favorites. He's likely at #2 right now. Those are big people he pushed out of the way like Santana and Orakpo too

Yeah these videos plus the sherman smack have forced me to get a 71 jersey asap

Seriously? You gasto be kidding right?

Even my wife who doesn't watch football was saying why is he still there when he can barely walk. I kept trying to make excuses for Robert. Everybody saw he wasn't pretending to be limping... the dude was noticeably limping. This loss still gnaws at me... I would have had no qualms if we ran the ball and got stuffed. Talk about just gifting the game to Seattle and then to hear from the loud mouth roided up on coffee and Addrall fans.

This is just too painful.

he is right though...the only reason the seahawks won the game was because RG3 was injured.

I swear I almost hate Seattle more than Dallas solely because of their fans. It annoyed me to no end how ****y they became after RG3 was incapable of doing anything. I hope Atlanta kicks their a**

Falcons will prove it. I was given a DHall Falcons jersey, and I'll wear it all week(while at home, can't at work, although we should be able to). Falcons deserve mad props for knocking the Vagiants out.

The Funny part is a bunch of Seahawk fans ACTUALLY BELIEVE the Seahawks defense made adjustments and that's why they won. What a joke. When Griffin was healthy the first 2 drives, the Redskins offense moved like a monster. That play before the 2nd touchdown sealed our doom

They adjusted and took the running game away after the quick 14-0. If Griffin was healthy it still would have been one hell of a fight. They won because they are a smart defense and it was made easier because of Griff's injury.

I just watched inside the NFL on Showtime. They had Trent Williams and RIchard Sherman miked up. RGIII was done early. Its so sad to watch. Griffin should have pulled himself from the game.

yea, he hurt himself and the team. I am not saying we would have won, but I re-watched the game last night again and there were a plays that we had wide open receivers, good protection, and a golden opportunity to connect. RGIII just couldn't plant and throw. He was totally uncomfortable in the pocket, couldn't move around well and I know hindsight is 20-20 but you could see the Seattle D was gaining confidence because of it. they were keying him up.

As far as I am concerned we gifted this game to Seattle.

They adjusted and took the running game away after the quick 14-0. If Griffin was healthy it still would have been one hell of a fight. They won because they are a smart defense and it was made easier because of Griff's injury.

that is exactly right, that is why I said we gifted them the game. They did exactly what the Cleveland D did (not to say they are not more talented than the Browns), they tried to take away the run. This is why we had several opportunities for big plays, especially play action plays. Cousins would have hurt them no question about it.

I don't agree with your sentiment if RGIII was healthy it would have been a fight. I think Cousins comes in we would have been in a fight and probably win. With a healthy RGIII the Seahawks are run out of the stadium. he would have hit those wide open receivers for either TDs or huge yardage, totally confused the D, very much like the Girls on Thanksgiving. remember in order to stack the box, they had to play man to man which they do well. But what does Man to man D do for the offense? Give a running QB huge chunks of space to run. Hell RGIII would have had a similar game as he did against the Vikings.

This just confirms my suspicions that his knee was much worse then reported after the game against Baltimore. Sorry, they lied.

---------- Post added January-10th-2013 at 08:14 AM ----------

Dammit I love Trent Williams. The verdict is in, we've got our left tackle.

Outside of the "ganja debacle" I've always thought Trent was "our LT". And, of course he cares about RG3,...everyone on that team does. I don't get all the "wow,..he really cares" stuff.

The Funny part is a bunch of Seahawk fans ACTUALLY BELIEVE the Seahawks defense made adjustments and that's why they won. What a joke. When Griffin was healthy the first 2 drives, the Redskins offense moved like a monster. That play before the 2nd touchdown sealed our doom

Yeah, they have a good defense, but they weren't shutting down this offense to that extent with a reasonably healthy QB. The entire game changed on that first quarter injury. It was more about that than any adjustments Seattle made. We would've adjusted back if we weren't playing with one arm tied behind our back.

Could be Robert gets hurt again after that knee is getting better.

Trent,(later in the Summer). "How's the knee?"

Robert: "Feeling good man."

Trent:"You sure?"

Robert:"Oh yeah. Feelin' great"

Trent: *Slap* (Big brotherly type of one) "Thought I told you to be careful!" :mad:

:silly:

I just watched inside the NFL on Showtime. They had Trent Williams and RIchard Sherman miked up. RGIII was done early. Its so sad to watch. Griffin should have pulled himself from the game.

And the Seahawks knew it, as evidenced by Sherman's remarks during the game.

Trent Williams and Robert represent the New Era of the Burgundy and Gold. Both played injured much/most of the season. Both displayed courage, leadership and the heart of champions and both were honored as Pro Bowlers. What great role models for future Redskins! And when we get an a Pro Bowl RT-and when Kyle design schems to protect III-we will win those Super Bowls-

Love the post! Hail!

And the Seahawks knew it, as evidenced by Sherman's remarks during the game.

Ultimately it was RGIII's fault. I think a lot of it has to do with youth and his competitive spirit. RGIII has to grow to realize his body is an asset He is ultimately responsible for it's maintenance. He could have easily cost himself millions if he never fully recovers. I know Shanahan bears some responsibility but like Trent Williams said. RGIII needed to be smart about his injury.

Could be Robert gets hurt again after that knee is getting better.

Trent,(later in the Summer). "How's the knee?"

Robert: "Feeling good man."

Trent:"You sure?"

Robert:"Oh yeah. Feelin' great"

Trent: *Slap* (Big brotherly type of one) "Thought I told you to be careful!" :mad:

:silly:

lol for some reason, this is the first thing I thought of..

Trent: Thought I told you, not to be playing with grenades

Robert: Hold my legs, I got...I got something to say...

Trent: Oh boy...

Robert: You're my....you're my brother....

tt.jpg

Maybe RG3 is a prized boxed in a sprinter's body. He is a real tough guy who uses pain as a motivation even if his body can't match his toughness. He reminds me of Steve McNair in terms of his attitude. McNair was arguably the toughest QB to ever play the game.

Maybe RG3 convinced himself he can still get the job done even as his body did not obey his mental commands. It was probably based on the way he was brought up. His father pushing him to the limit and making him the tough guy he is today. Same thing McNair went through as his brothers beat on him growing up. He didn't know how to quit, dragging his own busted sternum and broken ankles on play after play like the Terminator while racking up yards and TDs.

These type of men are not your ordinary men. They give 200% mentally and physically and they usually win but when they do lose, the pain can be insufferable.

Archived