Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Seems as if there is reduced interest in tomorrows game

304 at The X

Being a true fan throughout these last 20 yrs have only made me want it that much more. Everyone else in the division is at home on their couches getting ready to watch is play. A club on the west coast is talking trash as of they're the defending champs. No one in the media has given us a chance. As a fan what more motivation do you need. At this point in the year if you don't believe we've earned to be here then nothing will change your mind. I don't buy into the notion that its all icing. We've been a QB away for almost 10 yrs now. Our D has always been decent. How many close games did we loose last year simply because we didn't have a QB to push us over the top. Rex almost beat dallass twice last year. We swept NYG. The last Philly game Rex had 3 picks. Look at us now. Missing both starting safeties, #1 pass rusher,starting TE, and starting DE. We've all but eliminated turnovers. The QB is not turning over the ball. For those so called fans that are swayed by the blanket media. All I can say is maybe next year.

:point2sky

It sickens me reading through some of the threads that people are just okay with losing this game since we won the NFC East... Really??? We have complained for years and now that we are contenders some want to be okay with a loss???. Dont get me wrong im so happy for this season and its beyond all of my expectations. Yet were here now hosting a HOME PLAYOFF GAME! This town should be more excited and more pumped up than last week. Why accept failure.. We can beat these **** talking seahags. Those of us who are old enough to remeber the 91 and 87 seasons and further back should not just be satisfied with simply making the playoffs. We have a special team that can go yard for yard point for point with any team... I hope those going tomorrow will be as amped and as loud as I will be from my seats.. The place needs to be louder and more electric than the giants or cowgirls game last week.*Sorry had to vent after I saw so many " we expext to lose " and " I dont care if we win or lose since we won last week" statementsGet excited.. THE REDSKINS GOT THIS TOMORROW! !REDSKINS 27 - seahags 17

**** yes. THIS!!!! :point2sky HTTR!!!!!!

This is true for me. I just think Seattle is more ripe right now than we are. They got hot when they adopted our option offense and due to RG3's injury they are running it even better.

Horse Hockey, Seattle beat the Rams 20-13 last week at home, We beat Dallas at home by 10. If they were that good they should have rolled the Rams.

The score there was 13-6 St. Louis with 3 minutes left in the third quarter.

I happen to think our D is better than St. Louis's D, our Offense is better and we are playing at Fedex.

---------- Post added January-5th-2013 at 02:06 PM ----------

There won't be a seat to be had tomorrow. Many people are putting their tickets up to see if they can make a profit. If not, they will be attending

That and the scalpers are hoping to cash in before the game and possibly even rebuy tickets to sell again. I wish I was going. This is the biggest game in a long, long, long time.

Horse Hockey, Seattle beat the Rams 20-13 last week at home, We beat Dallas at home by 10. If they were that good they should have rolled the Rams.

The score there was 13-6 St. Louis with 3 minutes left in the third quarter.

I happen to think our D is better than St. Louis's D, our Offense is better and we are playing at Fedex.

Exactly. How are they running the offense better when both RG3 had a rushing TD (plus a good number of yards) and Morris had a career day ... 200 yards and 3 TDs?. Our offense is extremely good.

Then leave?

Listen cool guy i wasnt talking to the whole board only those that feel inferior to seattle and are just happy that we beat dallas. Now if you're one of them then You leave. Ive been here since 2007. I might not post much but i'm always here.

Yeah. We probably will lose. Seattle is an extremely balanced team. They are a dark horse to win the Super Bowl!

I am happy we are NFC East champs. Maybe next season we'll win the division and a first round bye!

Please go find another team to root for. Don't contaminate our fan base. NY has 3 teams to pick from and plenty of fairweather fans that share your way of thinking(don't watch football, read ESPN, then tell everyone what you think). I don't know who your real team was before you hopped on our band wagon, but it certainly wasn't the Skins.

I just got a full back tattoo of a native american decapitating a seahawk with a hatchet.

Who's not taking this seriously?

Oh **** dude, I did the same last night. We got this.

I am more scared of Seattle than the Cowboys. I knew we could beat the Cowboys. This will be a much harder fight.

Yeah. We probably will lose. Seattle is an extremely balanced team. They are a dark horse to win the Super Bowl!

I am happy we are NFC East champs. Maybe next season we'll win the division and a first round bye!

I may be dog piling, but this post infuriates me. Pathetic!! ****ing fight!!!! Come on newbies....learn about PLAYOFF football! :point2sky HTTR

I'm not. I wouldn't be getting up at the break of dawn to head to the stadium if I didn't have faith in this team. We are good enough to beat anyone in this league.

Though, I agree with you... anyone who acts like we are done gets their sports knowledge from ESPN and I take their opinion with a grain of salt.

No doubt!! I know we can beat anybody right now. Will we??? I don't know, that's why I plan on going and screaming my guts out tomorrow. All the talk is just talk, it's decided on the field tomorrow at FedEx.

Damn Right!! If I have a voice Monday I severely failed Sunday afternoon.

You have to live through a playoff run to a super bowl. Last weeks win, while nice is nothing compared to playoff wins and a chance for the crown.

I'll give you that. I remember the 2005 and 2007, but its not like we got very deep. My recent history is watching us lose to teams in our division badly, so watching us beat those teams in important game is just surreal to me.

At same time, because of recent history, that game was not business as usual. Maybe if we were used to deep playoff runs the last 10-20 years, if would be. That game was a huge deal, so even if this playoff game is technically more important from a franchise standpoint, its not going to hit home like the Dallas game did. Not until we become used to winning again...

This makes me sick to my stomach. Join date April of '12 and not from the area makes me think you are just another RG3 bandwagonner and not a true Redskins fan. I don't post much on these boards but wow man. SMH.

I just got a full back tattoo of a native american decapitating a seahawk with a hatchet.

Who's not taking this seriously?

Awesome. My girl has that same tat on her right breast!

Sounds like some of us here are buying in the Wilson hype. These idiot broadcasters need something to talk about 24 hours a day.

I haven't watched much of Wilson, but I haven't been that impressed by what I've seen. He's good, but definitely not RGIII. Our defensive schemes should get him confused. We can and will get to him tomorrow.

And on the road, the seaturkeys aren't very impressive at all. Take away their home games and their points allowed stats go up a bit. Then consider they have played mostly weak teams who haven't had anything to play for. The Niners game was somewhat of an anomaly, but again, it was a home game.

This is no gimmee, but I am more confident against Seattle than I was against Dallas.

And having the Ravens (and their self promoting super star) playing same day, may have also affected our ticket sales.

HTTR!

Wow... I guess Im a little more optimistic than you are. Every year all 32 teams FIGHT to get where the Skins are right now. Now is NOT the time to think about next season. SMH. Look at what the Giants did last year... How many experts were picking them during the opening weekend of the playoffs to win let alone win the SB.

I'll give you that. I remember the 2005 and 2007, but its not like we got very deep. My recent history is watching us lose to teams in our division badly, so watching us beat those teams in important game is just surreal to me.

At same time, because of recent history, that game was not business as usual. Maybe if we were used to deep playoff runs the last 10-20 years, if would be. That game was a huge deal, so even if this playoff game is technically more important from a franchise standpoint, its not going to hit home like the Dallas game did. Not until we become used to winning again...

Am I reading this correctly? You're saying that getting into the playoffs... and exacting REVENGE against a team that knocked us out the last two tournaments won't hit home like beating Dallas? I beg to differ.

I just think that it is time to get behind our club. Yes, the owner has done great damage through ticket prices, terrible on field performance, and taking the fans for granted. However, the Redskins are our team! We wouldn't spend hours on here if we didn't love them more than many other things so why not get out and support them. We have a QB who has put the team on his back and said we are doing this thing for ourselves and the fans, not the coach who said we would "evaluate for next year." We need to step up just as Robert has.

you're acting like the game won't be full Sunday

I think its a combination of things.

1) People haven't seen us look spectacular. We didn't stomp on the eagles or the cowgirls. We beat them, but not looking phenemonal (well besides alfred morris). This takes a little enthusiasm away vs the way we looked against baltimore or cleveland, like a well oiled machine. RGIII not looking the same makes you feel a little less like we have this secret weapon that could equalize any defense (although i think he is still playing good enough to win). I think consciously or subconsciously this gives people a little less confidence and because the whole season is unexpected, people are sorta happy that we've done so much when no one thought we would.

2)We've had a lot of things recently, xmas, huge dallas game buildup, people shelling out money for xmas and dallas and then new years which just happened. I think some people just dont have the funds to buy another round of expensive tickets.

I bet you though, if we had beat dallas the way we looked against them on thanksgiving, i think people would be juiced. Even for myself i was asking myself, why am i not more amped for this game? And it was cause I found rg3 to look a bit rusty and i was sorta worried that we might not necessarily win. I was proud of my team for pulling out such a difficult streak to make the playoffs that i felt I couldnt be pissed off at them if they faultered...

and then I read all the crap the seahawks have to say. I don't know about the players, but that definitely juiced me up. Like another poster said, they are coming here talking as if they are the defending champs. I actually feel that will amp us up and make us focus even more.

I believe if we advance after this round, the excitement will return. Me, im pretty pumped up right now.

HTTR!! :point2sky:point2sky

Archived