Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Seems as if there is reduced interest in tomorrows game

304 at The X

Due to the large number of tickets available through many outlets and the huge drops in prices, along with other factors, it seems as if there is reduced interest in tomorrows game. Dallas week was insane! Why would the first playoff game at FedEx since 1999 be any different?

It really puzzles me. Thoughts???

I think there is probably a bit of a let down after the Cowboys game. There was sooo much hype for that game. It is hard for any matchup to meet that level of hype. I think you also might be seeing more tickets out there because people saw the prices last week and figured they would put theirs up and see what happened. I have no doubt that the stadium will be packed and crazy.

I just think that it is time to get behind our club. Yes, the owner has done great damage through ticket prices, terrible on field performance, and taking the fans for granted. However, the Redskins are our team! We wouldn't spend hours on here if we didn't love them more than many other things so why not get out and support them. We have a QB who has put the team on his back and said we are doing this thing for ourselves and the fans, not the coach who said we would "evaluate for next year." We need to step up just as Robert has.

I think for a lot of people this Dallas was our super bowl.

I'm more excited to say we're the NFC East champs then I am hyped about tomorrow personally.

Dallas week, I saw A LOT of Skins support of facebook and other social networks from friends who I wouldn't have identified as die hard fans. A lot of people were trying to get their hands on tickets for the dallas game because it was the "place to be" that weekend, and the hype surrounding the city and the game. After that game, not a lot of fair weather fans care much what happens after that, as long as they get their intagram pictures of them at the dallas game lol

Interest not down at all in my opinion. Maybe demand for tickets on the secondary market. But I will say that there was something different about last week. Will be hard to replicate. A lot of people on vacation. Night game. Memories of the NFC Championship game etc. Win and you're in vs...Win and you move on. We got a "title" NFCE champions last week and won't get another one until we can drop the E in a few weeks.

everyone thinks we are going to lose plain and simple. everything from here on out is icy on the cake

This is true for me. I just think Seattle is more ripe right now than we are. They got hot when they adopted our option offense and due to RG3's injury they are running it even better.

I think for a lot of people this Dallas was our super bowl.

I'm more excited to say we're the NFC East champs then I am hyped about tomorrow personally.

NFC East champs means nothing to me having grown up in the Super Bowl era.

It's Super Bowl or bust.

Playoff games will always mean more to me than regular season games.

everyone thinks we are going to lose plain and simple. everything from here on out is icy on the cake

Yeah. We probably will lose. Seattle is an extremely balanced team. They are a dark horse to win the Super Bowl!

I am happy we are NFC East champs. Maybe next season we'll win the division and a first round bye!

Regularly scheduled game vs playoff game. Plans made months in advance are easier than the last minute arrangements a week or less ahead of a game. Travel, expenses, babysitter, etc keep people at home because its harder to get those on short notice in a lot of cases. I don't see that interest is down, just that maybe less people are able to go.

I'd also say that maybe the hype around Dallas inflated our sense of meaning. Everybody had an eye on that game. A lot of history there, Tony Romo sits to pee's choking is a national story, and it was flexed. This game has no real history behind it for nonfans, and there's been a lot more chatter from the Seahawks and their believers in the media than the Skins side of things. But the rookie-vs-rookie, RB-vs-RB, and defenses provide the most compelling matchup until maybe the Championship weekend, or even possibly the whole playoffs.

Like I said, because people can't go, doesn't mean they're not interested and watching on Sunday.

Yeah. We probably will lose. Seattle is an extremely balanced team. They are a dark horse to win the Super Bowl!

I am happy we are NFC East champs. Maybe next season we'll win the division and a first round bye!

Get that loser mentality out of here! Your no fan. This is the Nfl there is no gurantee for next year! You guys make me sick

This game has no real history behind it for nonfans, and there's been a lot more chatter from the Seahawks and their believers in the media than the Skins side of things.

It's a PLAYOFF game.

It has more meaning than any regular season game.

How far our fan base has fallen from glory.

We've had playoff games before, even home playoff games. That game against Dallas last week where it was a play in at home against them, I don't believe that's ever happened before in the entire rivalry (read that somewhere in an article).

Seriously, people are pumped for this game. But last week was just such a huge deal for this fanbase; it's simply not the same. It's going to be wild and crazy regardless, but these two games are so different for different reasons.

Seriously, people are pumped for this game. But last week was just such a huge deal for this fanbase because it's simply not the same. It's going to be wild and crazy regardless, but these two games are so different for different reasons.

You have to live through a playoff run to a super bowl. Last weeks win, while nice is nothing compared to playoff wins and a chance for the crown.

It's a PLAYOFF game.

It has more meaning than any regular season game.

How far our fan base has fallen from glory.

Despite the seat reductions, there are still too many seats. Tix are there to be had if our fanbase wanted them. Times have changed, I don't blame us.

Despite the seat reductions, there are still too many seats. Tix are there to be had if our fanbase wanted them. Times have changed, I don't blame us.

I agree with that. I would never claim a regular season game means more than a playoff game.

The stadium is too large.

Archived