Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Seems as if there is reduced interest in tomorrows game

304 at The X

If none of these points excite you about tomorrow's game - please check your pulse rate:

1. This is only our second home playoff game since Gibb's FIRST retirement.

2. I was a season ticket holder from 1994 through 2009 - while the back-to-back beatings of the Cowboys, Giants, and then Eagles (in Philly) to end the 2005 season were special. My fondest memories are from the Jan 2000 HOME playoff game AND win against the Detroit Lions.

3. Our last two runs into the playoffs were BOTH ended by these same Seattle Seahawks...

4. The Seahawks have now replaced the Cowturds as the most over-hyped team in the NFL - given, what I have heard on ESPN and NFL Network - we should simply forfeit this game to save Seattle the wear and tear of the trip.

5. If the Vikings win out through both the Wild Card and Divisional Rounds - the NFC Championship will be here at FedEx!

I am tired of being a non-playoff contender! Now that we are back - I want to cherish every moment and I am making the three hour drive from NJ and bringing my 17-year old son to experience it AND to cheer my team on. I intend to be totally hoarse for my meetings in NYC on Monday.

HTTR!

Shame on some of you, for gods sake, some of you are buying into the bull**** that the large media outlets are spewing. Don't disparage our 7 game winning streak like the rest of them, they are all riding the high that was their 3 game blowout streak, ended by the Rams respectable effort in their own stadium.

This is the season of ending bad streaks, from the Monday night losses, home playoff games, consecutive losses by the Ravens, offensive ranking streak, division record streak, and onwards.. The next streak to break is the losses to Seattle in the playoffs.

We will win.

I think there is probably a bit of a let down after the Cowboys game. There was sooo much hype for that game. It is hard for any matchup to meet that level of hype. I think you also might be seeing more tickets out there because people saw the prices last week and figured they would put theirs up and see what happened. I have no doubt that the stadium will be packed and crazy.

I just hope our team doesn't feel this way, but I get what you're saying.

For me its a combination of things. I was under the impression that "sold out" meant "sold out".....and I would be looking at selling internal organs to get a ticket. Had I scored season tkts, I would not have sold them for any dollar value....so I am amazed others are selling.

I did not even bother looking until yesterday after hearing on here that tkts were available and some of the prices were not that bad. By then, it was far to late to get time off from work and arrange to go from NY. (To be honest, I am getting over the flu at this point, if I stood in the cold for 6 hours screaming myself hoarse...I would be hospitalized and fired for missing more work LOL.)

I am really bummed I didn't stay on it when they announced it was sold out. I really hope people are just looking to get rich and will go if they don't sell. I will be miffed if that stadium looks partially empty on TV and there I sit at home.

If none of these points excite you about tomorrow's game - please check your pulse rate:

1. This is only our second home playoff game since Gibb's FIRST retirement.

2. I was a season ticket holder from 1994 through 2009 - while the back-to-back beatings of the Cowboys, Giants, and then Eagles (in Philly) to end the 2005 season were special. My fondest memories are from the Jan 2000 HOME playoff game AND win against the Detroit Lions.

3. Our last two runs into the playoffs were BOTH ended by these same Seattle Seahawks...

4. The Seahawks have now replaced the Cowturds as the most over-hyped team in the NFL - given, what I have heard on ESPN and NFL Network - we should simply forfeit this game to save Seattle the wear and tear of the trip.

5. If the Vikings win out through both the Wild Card and Divisional Rounds - the NFC Championship will be here at FedEx!

I am tired of being a non-playoff contender! Now that we are back - I want to cherish every moment and I am making the three hour drive from NJ and bringing my 17-year old son to experience it AND to cheer my team on. I intend to be totally hoarse for my meetings in NYC on Monday.

HTTR!

You nailed it. At the end of the Cowboys game I felt a huge relief, like something had been lifted off my shoulders. Almost euphoric. I felt complete. However, with everything that has been said on this site, about Seahawks fans, and all that hot garbage the media is feeding everyone I may want this more than I wanted the Cowboys game.

I don't see how people are so quick to think we're just gonna lose when the Seahawks just barely squeezed one out against the Rams last week. The Seahawks are very much mortal, and I look forward to seeing them bleed.

My mom is not a violent person, but she would literally kick my ass if she ever heard me say some of the ridiculous things you guys are saying.

"It's okay if we lose, we won the NFC East. We'll get 'em next year."

ARE YOU GUYS ****ING INSANE?

Like Doc Walker said on post game after the Dallas win. This isn't Philadelphia. This is Washington, and simply winning the NFC East title isn't enough around here for us. Or have some of us forgotten? I want Lombardi number 4, and then 5, 6, 7, and 8. I want it all, and I want it now. Winning the Division was a big first step, but that is all it was, a first step. Thank god the players don't think like some of you do.

Like Doc Walker said on post game after the Dallas win. This isn't Philadelphia. This is Washington, and simply winning the NFC East title isn't enough around here for us. Or have some of us forgotten? I want Lombardi number 4, and then 5, 6, 7, and 8. I want it all, and I want it now. Winning the Division was a big first step, but that is all it was, a first step. Thank god the players don't think like some of you do.

"....This isn't Philadelphia....." I LOVE THIS QUOTE!!!!! Never settle, we have won the Super Bowl before AND we'll do it again.

HTTR!

[/color]

Absolutely. Since when is winning the division crown been the pinnacle of a season....at least not in my lifetime. Been through the Super Bowl runs...the division is just a blip on the screen on the way to the ultimate prize. Yep, quite an accomplishment to turn the ship around and end up winning the division this year...huge step in fulfilling Shanahan's plan, but this is not Philadelphia...or Houston...or Cincinnati...or *#@$** Seattle for that matter, who have never wiped their hands across the Lombardi. Pat yourself on the back after the season is done and say, "good job on winning the division"....but, until then...put your hands in the dirt...dig your feet in...and kick them bums across the line of scrimmage tomorrow and then refocus and keep doing it the next week...and the next week..etc...etc. Thankfully, I think our guys have that focus right now and won't rest on what they have accomplished so far.

:seahawksu

Am I reading this correctly? You're saying that getting into the playoffs... and exacting REVENGE against a team that knocked us out the last two tournaments won't hit home like beating Dallas? I beg to differ.

The only thing we have to agree on is wanting the redskins to win. I'm coming from a different perspective for different reasons. I hate Dallas more then Ihate the seahawks, its really that simple to me. It's not even close.

The only thing we have to agree on is wanting the redskins to win. I'm coming from a different perspective for different reasons. I hate Dallas more then Ihate the seahawks, its really that simple to me. It's not even close.

If we are talking about who we would rather beat in a big game it's the Cowboys for me all day long. But, for this season, there is no team in the playoffs I want to beat more than Seattle... and then the next 3 :D

Listen cool guy i wasnt talking to the whole board only those that feel inferior to seattle and are just happy that we beat dallas. Now if you're one of them then You leave. Ive been here since 2007. I might not post much but i'm always here.

:ols:

Whoa there, Sally. My point was that if you don't like what you're reading, and you're sick of it, then stop reading it.

Sorry that it took me so long to respond. I was too busy getting everything packed for when I'm at the game tomorrow. :pfft:

If we are talking about who we would rather beat in a big game it's the Cowboys for me all day long. But, for this season, there is no team in the playoffs I want to beat more than Seattle... and then the next 3 :D

I can respect that, especially considering from a playoff perspective, they're the team that has knocked us out the last two times we got in. I dislike the concept of this thread and several others who feel fans that aren't more insane for this game then last week aren't real fans. That's ridiculous, I was twitching all week for the Dallas game, and like this game it was single elimination; but against our archrival. There's no reason in my mind to believe we won't win this game against the Seahawks. Seriously, its not the same.

I think for a lot of people this Dallas was our super bowl.

I'm more excited to say we're the NFC East champs then I am hyped about tomorrow personally.

Have to agree with that sentiment. Even though techically the stakes are higher tomorrow in terms of getting one step closer to the Superbowl, winning last week meant that the regular season was an official success, that we had completed one of the most improbable runs to the playoffs in NFL history, and that we had beaten our hated arch-rivals in the biggest game between the two teams in many years. Anything they do now feels like a bonus to me. I probably won't feel that way tomorrow if we're leading late or have a good chance to pull it out. And I won't feel that way if we repeat as division champs next year. But I can honestly say I'm just enjoying this week and reveling in the accomplishment, whereas last week I was a nervous wreck in anticipation of the Dallas game.

This is true for me. I just think Seattle is more ripe right now than we are. They got hot when they adopted our option offense and due to RG3's injury they are running it even better.

I'm inclined to agree. Beating Dallas for the division can only be topped by winning a Super Bowl.

Archived