Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A lot fo tickets left for the Seahawks game on the reseller market

21 always

Its not bad, fedex field will be at capacity one way or another. I know some people are saying " I will put my ticket up for X dollar amount and if they don't sell I will go to the game". Don't blame them for trying.

On the other hand imagine the price of tickets if there werent 10k to choose from.

If this is the case, then I don't feel as bad.

I have this terrible image in my head of a thousand people around the world who have a bunch of tickets with no actual ambition to actually attend these games whose only motivation is to flip a product for 100-200% markup.

Probably not a rational viewpoint.

Usually it's pretty easy to see which people are trying to make a profit. If someone finds out that they can't attend a game for family reasons or something along those lines they'll generally price their seats at closer to face value. They're not in it for the huge profit per se, they're just trying to ensure that they recoup the money they paid for the ticket. Those seats normally sell pretty quickly as you can imagine. When you see tickets for the prices that we're seeing them for this week's game, those are people trying to make a huge profit. In a way that's good for attendance in that those tickets are already paid for and odds are the people will be going to the game if they aren't bought.

I think the vast majority of the tickets listed on sale are resellers and even the Redskins themselves.

I thought this was suspicious...... I bought my tickets on stubhub last week. They were electronically delivered to me on Friday. Meanwhile, my roommate who is a STH could not electronically download his tickets until Sunday or Monday. How was this seller able to? Seemed suspicious to me. Maybe Mark has an idea??

Also, I was purchasing tickets late at night just before midnight. I noticed as soon as midnight struck that the # of available tickets went up by 600. Normally when you list on stubhub your tickets go up immediately. They do not wait until midnight. I dont believe for a second that 600 tickets were manually listed at that time of night. It sounds like the Redskins or another dealer releasing tickets in big blocks to get an idea of the market.

Anyways, I ended up reselling the stubhub purchases for the price I paid since I know I'm going to get a better deal as the week goes on.

The cheapest seat is $135. In the UL. That is double face value. And all the tix for the $135-164 price-point are single tix. Cheapest LL is $172 per, in rows 18 and 23 of the 200s. The cheapest LL 100 tix is $186, again for a single. Cheapest pair you can find in LL 100s is $218 per.

The dallas prices never dropped, demand was high enough. I dont see the people who shelled out those last week wanting to do it again.

Much like last week, I would LOVE to go to this game. But not at these prices. I will check again Friday and Saturday. If they drop like I hope they will, then I'll be there. If not, I'll stay here in NJ and yell my ass off at the TV.

I have a feeling that the ticket office is putting those tickets on stubhub. Which is kind of BS. Suddenly no more visiting team and media returns. No more emails from the ticket office for offers of tickets this year.

Yes, if you sort the stubhub tickets by "available", you will see many many large blocks of tickets like 24,19,18, etc. That is the Skins' resellers selling whole rows. You can't buy just 2, you have to buy the whole row. Not STH'ers.

10k seats is about average for total listings available on SH; if you shop between the months of April and Aug. The number of tix available shrinks as the game weeks approach.

IMO most of the tix on SH today belong to the TO, not STHs.

I find zero fault w/ the TO charging whatever the market will pay per game, playoffs or preseason.

I haven't looked at the pricing because I am going to watch the game at home. But my theory is that a if the fan selling their tickets get the price they are asking for they will gladly part with the tickets. If not, they will pull them back and go to the game.

This! If the price is right, Ill sit at home to watch the game. No way am I going to part with them for face value or at just the 20% mark up cap on here. I've sold one pair, and if he other pair doesn't sell, me and my wife are going to pack up the grill and tailgate like its 1999.

Prices have really dropped for the SRO tickets. On Monday the cheapest listed on Stubhub was around $150. Last night it was $128. And as of a few minutes ago there were loads listed between $112-118.

As a comparison, the cheapest non single tickets listed for the Packers game on Stubhub are currently $134.

There are still over 9,700 tickets listed on Stubhub. That's a lot, but they'll move. Electronic delivery means sellers can keep their tickets listed longer.

This! If the price is right, Ill sit at home to watch the game. No way am I going to part with them for face value or at just the 20% mark up cap on here. I've sold one pair, and if he other pair doesn't sell, me and my wife are going to pack up the grill and tailgate like its 1999.

Well said, Sir. The buyer sets the level of demand on the secondary market. Have fun at the game ;).:seahawksu

These are probably almost all of the ticket brokers/scalpers that own season tickets. A ton of brokers own season tickets and will resell them when they can make a profit. They will also sell on the secondary market.

Also - this is not me being 100% positive, but those player ticket returns that are avialable every game, I assume they just are sold on the secondary market via outlets like stub hub so they can get a premium? I know some baseball teams did this.

I've been buying tix on the after market for about 8 or 9 years. I need tix so I've been watching.

Stubhub started out Monday at 8100. Then they went to 8300, 8700, 8800. Now they're at 9,700

Prices are already dropping. And they'll continue to drop. I promise.

I'm gonna get me some good seats at a decent price, and I'll be a happy camper come Sunday.

For some its not a case of not wanting to. It's a case of whether you can afford to.

Yup. And some people (I did in 08) scrounge up their money to pay for season tickets and really can't afford to say no at a chance to make a little cash.

It sucks, and I know a ton are normal resellers, but I cant really fault some people for taking advantage of it.

I've been buying tix on the after market for about 8 or 9 years. I need tix so I've been watching.

Stubhub started out Monday at 8100. Then they went to 8300, 8700, 8800. Now they're at 9,700

I'm gonna get me some good seats at a decent price, and I'll be a happy camper come Sunday.

Agree...I think SRO will drop to sub $100 by the weekend, or another 15-20%. You should do well if you wait it out. And with electronic delivery that won't be a problem.

I read that the stadium is opening early. Will the Ravens/Colts game be on the jumbotron? I heard that somewhere earlier in the week, but haven't gotten around to confirming that. If so...then it will be fun to show up extra early and watch that one at the stadium.

If you are right I'll snag a few for my dad and I. He still talks about jumping around at RFK playoff games and such. Would be awesome to take him to Fedex's second ever playoff game. He told me about a year ago during last season he use to always get excited for the season but that now he just sits and watches expecting failure because he didn't want to get upset every time. This year he's been excited as hell. My mom jokes she can't watch games with him sometimes because he gets too worked up. :ols: So I hope you are right because if you are I'll jump on a couple. Sadly last time I brought him to a game was the opener and we know how that ended. I'd hate to put a hex on our entire playoff run.:ols:

Yup. And some people (I did in 08) scrounge up their money to pay for season tickets and really can't afford to say no at a chance to make a little cash.

It sucks, and I know a ton are normal resellers, but I cant really fault some people for taking advantage of it.

Right. I have had years where the only way to keep the season tickets was to sell off a couple of the games. I have always had friends willing to go so it was not an issue. But If I could cover say a quarter of my season ticket costs for one game. I am selling that game. Period.

Archived