Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A lot fo tickets left for the Seahawks game on the reseller market

21 always

If the game was sold out, why would there be thousands of tickets available on ticketmaster through the TEAM? Also, why would they release on their twitter feed that tickets are on ticketmaster?

The general admission tickets have been sold out since 1966 ... thats a fact! Whether it be brokers that buy season tickets, or plain ole fans like us, they are all sold out. Dream seats, suites, loge and club seats do not count towards sellouts in the nfl guidlines

People can and do sell to ticket brokers, who in turn try and resell them, ala ticketmaster, dreamseats, atlantic travel etc etc

Good one! There is a "person" trying to sell up to 18 tickets together in section 121.

Notice, most of the in bulk sale tickets such as those are listed as "Pickup." There is a stub hub pickup location at fedex, where the team easily drops off tickets disguised as from others, to prevent a "non-sell out".

---------- Post added January-5th-2013 at 12:15 PM ----------

The general admission tickets have been sold out since 1966 ... thats a fact! Whether it be brokers that buy season tickets, or plain ole fans like us, they are all sold out. Dream seats, suites, loge and club seats do not count towards sellouts in the nfl guidlines

I would love to believe that. Im a diehard fan but don't fall into Danny's trap. Read http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2010/10/redskins-colts_another_fedex_f.html and thousands of other articles by Dave McKenna

Also, I have known plenty of people to get on the wait list and buy GA tickets the next season. Also, if they have always been sold out, why would Danny rip 10,000 seats out of the stadium???

That would likely be a travel agency such as GreatAtlanticTravel.com. Nobody bought their package so now they have to dump their seats quick.

Perhaps...but there has been too many iterations of tickets showing up on ticket master for me to not think that somewhere between some and a lot of these tickets never had an owner in the first place. The same section that was offered to me before the season to come back as a season ticket holder have large blocks available now. Upper Deck...midfield. And there seems to be a lot that are available now at close to face...seems like there isn't much profit motivation to unload privately held tickets.

Perhaps...but there has been too many iterations of tickets showing up on ticket master for me to not think that somewhere between some and a lot of these tickets never had an owner in the first place. The same section that was offered to me before the season to come back as a season ticket holder have large blocks available now. Upper Deck...midfield. And there seems to be a lot that are available now at close to face...seems like there isn't much profit motivation to unload privately held tickets.

Ticketmaster is not a reseller venue! It is only run by the respective team's box office!

People can and do sell to ticket brokers, who in turn try and resell them, ala ticketmaster, dreamseats, atlantic travel etc etc

If I told you that I was in contact throughout the first half of the season with a rep from the Redskins to return as a season ticket holder would you believe that? I held them for 4 seasons and gave them up for two primary reasons....my "upgrade" put me in seats i liked less than the ones I had and I had a tough time finding people to actually go to the games and could never unload them even at face.

---------- Post added January-5th-2013 at 12:21 PM ----------

Ticketmaster is not a reseller venue! It is only run by the respective team's box office!

I know that. It is my point. The team itself still has tickets to sell. And they try to sell them over face on stubhub...and when that doesn't work they move them to ticketmaster...and then probably back to stubhub to get whatever they can for them. I don't blame this on Snyder...I am sure the ticket office gets latitude to approach this as they want to.

If I told you that I was in contact throughout the first half of the season with a rep from the Redskins to return as a season ticket holder would you believe that? I held them for 4 seasons and gave them up for two primary reasons....my "upgrade" put me in seats i liked less than the ones I had and I had a tough time finding people to actually go to the games and could never unload them even at face.

It is sad that too many people in this fan base buy the fact that they can only get tickets if they buy season tickets. Call the box office any week of the season and you can sit pretty much anywhere. Also, if tickets were in such demand why would 10,000 seats be ripped out?

That is a good deal. I am still trying to get some folks to commit. I give them another 30 minutes!

Seems prices are stabilizing now. Some deals are disappearing. Might still drop some if you have the will to wait until tonight. I was happy with the price though.

Anyone know a GA STH's cost for a regular 100-200 level seat for this game? Face value, plus taxes and fees for total cost would be great. Thx!

$99 + 10% tax of $9.90 = $108.90. Thats what face is for LL non premium. There was a processing fee, forget what it was right now, like 5 bucks so $113.90 total if thats right.

Anyone know a GA STH's cost for a regular 100-200 level seat for this game? Face value, plus taxes and fees for total cost would be great. Thx!

Not sure about STH cost, but when I've bought returns from ticketmaster for other games its been right around 140 (with fees)

I was actually surprised too.

>> The LEAGUE sets the price for playoffs, not Snyder (though not sure about premium seats). This fact was in an email STH got.. Dont't get your hopes up for next year. The team is playing a lot better and there are about 10,000 fewer seats than a few years ago.

>> The LEAGUE sets the price for playoffs, not Snyder (though not sure about premium seats). This fact was in an email STH got.. Dont't get your hopes up for next year. The team is playing a lot better and there are about 10,000 fewer seats than a few years ago.

That's partially true the league sets a maximum. Teams cannot exceed that, but can price lower.

Prices didn't go up for the playoffs?
Nope, same price except for the small handling fee.
Wow! Most teams automatically raise prices for post season. This makes me have doubts about a price increase for STHs next year.
I was actually surprised too.

I'm willing to bet 10:1 that STH prices go up next year.

Snyder is a business man. He just brought in Jesus Chri... I mean, RGIII as a QB. He cut out 10% of his stadium seats. I am sure he purposely kept ticket prices down to keep enthusiasm up (he remembers the Detroit game better than I do). He has successfully brought the team back into the region's public eye at a level of enthusiasm that it hasn't seen in over a decade.

10:1.

Any takers?

On average there about 10k seats floating on Stubhub for any game starting April. There are still several thousand seats for this playoff game. Seems like a lot of those chairs could be filled w/ new STHs or single game buyers if the demand is there. I don't see demand going up all that much in 2013, despite all of those factors working in favor of renewed enthusiasm with this franchise. If prices do go up for STHs, I don't think it will effect the secondary market all that much.

Archived