Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is there any scenario where the Dallas Skins game has NO playoff implications?

ggarriso

Holding tickets right now - trying to decide if I should sell high and save for a potential playoff appearance - ?? I suppose if we win next week and dallas drops this game and next week and the giants lost to the ravens then we would have it locked up going into week 16?

Dallas loses today or next week, giants lose next week, and the Skins beat the Eagles next week. Then we'll go into week 17 a game up and owning all tiebreakers due to division record (I think).

Edit- scratch that, Dallas could tie our division and conference record with a week 17 win unless they lose to NO next week. Not sure what the next tiebreaker is after that.

Dallas loses this week and next

Giants lose next week

We win next week

We will win the East right then and there

This is the correct response. Dallas must lose today AND next week. If they lose one out of two and we win against the Eagles they can STILL beat us and take the division.

One other way to look at the question would be even if the Redskins were to clinch the division next week, could the Cowboys, at 7-8, still have a chance at the playoffs? Certainly not against the 49ers or Seahawks, who would both make it in (I'm giving the Seahawks 9 wins based on how they are doing so far today. 31 points by half again?? They are making the Skins output look puny by comparison).

It'll be interesting to see how things transpire as far as how the time of the Skins/Boys game might be altered.

I think the cowboys only need to lose 1 game. If they lose today we win next week and giants lose I think that's all she wrote

No. If that were to happen and the Cowboys beat us in Week 17, they win the division on tie breakers.

I think . . .

The reality of our playoff situation right now is that we have little motivation to cheer for anything except Redskins wins. If we win the last 2 games we win our division, but we can't get past the Falcons or the Packers, so we can't possibly get a first round bye. So, along as we win our last two games, we're guaranteed either the 3 or 4 seed with no chance at a first round bye, regardless of what additional help we have.

As long as the skins win next week, if they lose to dallas and finish 9-7, we make the playoffs if:

1) Giants lose 1 out of their last 2 AND

2) Seattle loses 1 of the last 2

3) Bears lose 1 of the last 2

4) Minnesota lose 1 of the last 2

If we win out, there is no scenario where we don't make the playoffs.

I'm going to the Dallas game and while it would be fun and exciting to have to win to get in, it sure would help my sleeping if we somehow clinched a spot before then haha

Well you can forget about it because the Redskins can't clinch without beating the boys and likely miss the playoffs if they lose either of theirs last two games. That's how huge the steelers losing today was.

Well looks like we need to win the last two. The Pukes got two improbable wins back to back you have to give them cudos. On the other hand, they are lucky SOBs and I can't stand them...

Now for the people that are in the know, if they lose next week and they beat us I think we still are in first if the Giants lose. We have a better conference record.

Archived