Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is there any scenario where the Dallas Skins game has NO playoff implications?

ggarriso

Man lets just win out if we are thinking about getting in any other way we don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

This is the NFL. The Skins have won 5 in a row. Them not winning 7 in a row to finish the season does not mean they do not deserve to be in the playoffs. GET REAL. It's rare any teams win 7 in a row in the NFL.

If we can get some help, you damn straight I'm going to pull for it!

no matter who wins or loses next week, the Cowboys and Redskins will be alive going into week 17 (either playing win and get in, or needing help). I believe if the Redskins, Cowboys, Seahawks, and Bears win then the Giants could potentially eliminated but I haven't done the math. And I don't really care.

we have the Beagles and the Girls at home no less. We don't deserve to go if we can't beat these two pathetic teams. The Browns are much better than these two. Hell the Girls needed the Steelers to implode today in order to that it to OT. This is the same Steelers team that lost with Ben in their home to SD. The steelers were playing their 4, 5, 6, DBs their D is so banged up.

With Dallas pulling off the win over the Steelers today, the 'Skins are win out and win Division situation. If they instead lose a game and go 9-7, then their fate will be up to the tiebreaker situation of every other potential #6 seed team.

It isn't out of the conversation that they could get in at 9-7, especially with the Bears losing, but winning the division is really the way to go because for that route, the 'Skins entirely control their own fate, winning 2 games means they cannot be denied the NFC East.

If we beat the Eagles then the winner of the Dallas vs. Washington game is in and the loser is out. The upcoming Dallas game reminds me of 1979.

THIS ISN'T TRUE.

Cmon people. Do your research.

The Skins can clinch the playoffs no matter what next week if:

Skins win

Giants lose

Vikings lose

Bears lose

Playoffs no matter what with:

Skins +1 more win

Giants +1 more loss

Bears +1 more loss

Vikings +1 more loss

It's very possible the last game of the year vs the Cowboys, the skins have already clinched playoffs.

This is the NFL. The Skins have won 5 in a row. Them not winning 7 in a row to finish the season does not mean they do not deserve to be in the playoffs. GET REAL. It's rare any teams win 7 in a row in the NFL.

If we can get some help, you damn straight I'm going to pull for it!

I know that but what I'm getting from this thread is that some fans are already giving Dallas the win. I would love for the Bears, Vikings, and Giants to lose and we clinch but I dont see the Bears losing to the Cards so we have to worry about us controlling our own destiny.

Too bad the Bears play Arizona next week. But Viking play Houston and G Men got Ravens.

To be fair, the Cards did finally break their losing streak today, and it is in Arizona.

Obviously, the Bears will be favored, but I wouldn't consider it a lost cause. The Bears were totally inept today at home.

THIS ISN'T TRUE.

Cmon people. Do your research.

The Skins can clinch the playoffs no matter what next week if:

Skins win

Giants lose

Vikings lose

Bears lose

Playoffs no matter what with:

Skins +1 more win

Giants +1 more loss

Bears +1 more loss

Vikings +1 more loss

It's very possible the last game of the year vs the Cowboys, the skins have already clinched playoffs.

IF this is true I can see the Giants and Vikes losing but not the Bears.

we have the Beagles and the Girls at home no less. We don't deserve to go if we can't beat these two pathetic teams. The Browns are much better than these two. Hell the Girls needed the Steelers to implode today in order to that it to OT. This is the same Steelers team that lost with Ben in their home to SD. The steelers were playing their 4, 5, 6, DBs their D is so banged up.

Pathetic or not its hard to sweep team in the division and we need to do it against two teams. Division games are always hard no matter the record. We need to bring our A game these next two weeks. We need a 100% RGIII and 100% O-line.

Since Dallas beat Pitt:

If we beat Philly and Dallas loses to NO, but we lose to Dallas... we beat them out in conference. Wash = 7-5 Dallas = 6-6. Head to head would be the same, and so would the divisional games. If we lose to Philly, and Dallas beats NO... then the Dallas game has playoff implications. And of course the same if we both win or lose next week.

Incorrect - common opponents is tiebreaker before conference record. I believe Dallas has us there.

I just posted this in BRBN:

Washington Redskins have edge in NFC East race

The Dallas Cowboys' season was given up for dead at 3-5. They have won five of six games since.

Washington Redskins coach Mike Shanahan started to look towards next season at 3-6. They have won five straight games since. Combined with your typical New York Giants second half collapse, and we have a three-team tie atop the NFC East. Let's break this down:

Redskins hold the edge

Washington is currently in first place. The Redskins win the division if they win out against the Philadelphia Eagles and the Cowboys the next two weeks. With only four conference losses so far, the Redskins also stand a better chance than most of lucking into a wild card spot even if they finished 9-7.

Giants are in with wins, too

The NFL has confirmed New York would make the playoffs at 10-6 if the team wins in Baltimore next week and takes care of business against the Eagles in Week 17. But the Giants need a lot of help to win the division because they won't win any tiebreaker against the Redskins or against the Cowboys if Dallas finishes 10-6.

Dallas has toughest road

The Cowboys host the New Orleans Saints next week before heading to Washington. That's a tough schedule to go 2-0 against, but we didn't think the Cowboys could beat the Bengals and Steelers in back-to-back weeks either.

Click link for more

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000112193/article/washington-redskins-have-edge-in-nfc-east-race

Archived