Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should the Redskins Sign a big name receiver in the Off Season?

bops

Remember most of the quality guys on that list will be resigned or do not fit our "code" of young targets with not to crazy of a price tag. Rewind a couple years ago and we might have ended up with Welker, Jennings, and Bowe.

Cruz will be resigned, Welker will be a free agent but will be pricey and is old, Bowe will be a free agent and Id be a buyer if the price isnt to much but hes gonna be looking for a big pay day, he just seems like that type of guy. Wallace will be a FA and definitely going to be asking for top 5 WR money so id pass.

The only two guys that make sense are Amendola and Jennings (DA being priority) depending on what type of contract they are looking for. I have no clue what type of money Jennings will get but if the price is right, I say pull the trigger. I know he's older but he's a team player that played with great teams and can still ball when healthy. No clue what type of money he will get. I really like the idea of DA in the slot replacing Santana and I think we could get him for a reasonable price bc of his injury history and lack of consistent success. Of course its all moot if STL resign him which is very possible.

With RG3 at QB I think we are decent at WR but adding one of these two guys would put us over the top.

but dont you think just one more might just might make us a semi complete offense ?

---------- Post added December-13th-2012 at 08:35 PM ----------

Greg Jennings B)

What, as opposed to the complete offense we have now? NO thank you. a WR isnt going to help us at all. Now, if you want to improve the offense, you might want to look at Right Tackles that will be FA's. Or if you REALLY help the team, might want to look at DL and secondary help. Just dont forget the 18 million dollars we wont have.

How about a big name RT.....

Or some CBs and Safeties...

My thought, exactly!

I swear .. the kids around here! Never happy. We finally, arguably have one of the (THE?!) most explosive offenses in the league (and they'll be monstrous next year with another year to gel) and people want to waste more money on a receiver?!

How about shoring up one of the worst defensive backfields in the league?! Not to mention we lose another $18MILL in cap next year due to that collusive ******* Mara!

We need a slot like the kid in St. Louis or Bess from Miami or I hate to say it but Welker or Edelman from NE.

---------- Post added December-13th-2012 at 10:11 PM ----------

I saw Merriman die on the vine up here in New England and he is not a great talent...just a head hunter who slid into the pro bowl a few years ago. Need a safety that will stay on the field.

Depends on where the Free Agent quality is. If it is at WR then yes. And yes at this point it does look like of the Free Agents available more bang for the buck can be had at WR but every year there are some unexpected players available. But right now I'd try to get Dwayne Bowe.

Depends on where the Free Agent quality is. If it is at WR then yes. And yes at this point it does look like of the Free Agents available more bang for the buck can be had at WR but every year there are some unexpected players available. But right now I'd try to get Dwayne Bowe.
Bowe would be nice, great hands but undisciplined route runner which does not fit a new QB well.

Archived