Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should the Redskins Sign a big name receiver in the Off Season?

bops

He comes across as a guy with an over inflated ego, a showboat type guy...not sure how I lost ya. Maybe I'm wrong.

I've never really seen it. I think you might be reacting more to him being a division rival and you hate to see your rival celebrate.

I think if he was salsa dancing in DC, you might be singing a different tune.

The Redskins don't need a big name WR. We got one with Pierre Garcon. Josh Morgan is a solid fill in. Hankerson is maturing and Aldrick Robinson is developing nicely. We have who we need at the WR position. Maybe for depth purposes we can always draft a prospect in the mid to later rounds of the draft and develop them.

Is it and would it be crazy to try to make a deal for Larry Fitzgerald? he is a wasted monster just waiting to play in an explosive offense. I have never been for the high profile players, but man I don't think you can lose with Fitz.

It's a nice thought, much like winning the lotto, with about the same odds of actually happening.

Larry Fitzgerald just signed a $120 million contract extension in 2011. The Redskins are being penalized $18M in the 2013 salary cap and have traded away their next 2 first round picks for RG3.

Pray tell, where would the Redskins acquire the resources to make such a trade?

I've never really seen it. I think you might be reacting more to him being a division rival and you hate to see your rival celebrate.

I think if he was salsa dancing in DC, you might be singing a different tune.

Yeah to be honest, I'm probably letting the division rivalry get in the way. A little salsa after RG3 hits him for a 50 yd TD would be okay. :)

on that list I see josh cribbs helping this team special teams,slot wr,rb in pistol...cribbs can do a lot with Rg3,butler,garcon that's alotta YAC!

I'd like Amendola in a similar capacity. The guy has heart... as we know all too well. My problem with Cribbs is that he'll be 30 next year and I'm not sure how much work we would actually get out of him in the long term.

The Redskins don't need a big name WR. We got one with Pierre Garcon. Josh Morgan is a solid fill in. Hankerson is maturing and Aldrick Robinson is developing nicely. We have who we need at the WR position. Maybe for depth purposes we can always draft a prospect in the mid to later rounds of the draft and develop them.

I agree with this. Free agency money will be spent on much bigger needs.

I'd like Amendola in a similar capacity. The guy has heart... as we know all too well. My problem with Cribbs is that he'll be 30 next year and I'm not sure how much work we would actually get out of him in the long term.

If rather draft dri archer! But I doubt rams let Danny walk if so yea ill take either.

The first problem is actually having a good WR available. Last year was the abberation. Finding a player even as good as Garcon is not common. It's quite likely that there will be very slim pickings available. The three best that may be available are likely to be Greg Jennings, Wes Welker, and Dwayne Bowe.

Jennings - if he does not re-sign with Green Bay before free agency, the Pack will not franchise him (partly due to great depth at the position) and he can test the waters. A good receiver, but aging and somewhat injury prone.

Welker - negotiations with New England have gone nowhere. It does not seem like the team wants to commit long-term to Welker after ignoring him and re-signing Gronk and Hernandez to large extensions. The fact New England, one of the league's smartest teams, is willing to let him walk is a red flag. Also, there's a growing concern that Welker is more a product of his environment than a true difference maker. He's got some skills, but may not be nearly as good on anyone else as he is on New England.

Bowe - by far the most attractive option due to age, size, and durability. He was franchised last year, making a second franchise tag this offseason less likely (but still possible). The Chiefs are a mess this year, so there's also the possibility they just clean the entire slate.

My thoughts? Unless there's a shot at Bowe, I'd pass.

As others have said we have much bigger needs at RT, safety and corner than we have at WR. We have pretty limited cap space available and it needs to be focused on these areas not receiver.

We have an interesting decision to make on Fred Davis. If he is healthy I think we bring him back but getting a contract agreed which suits him and the team might be difficult. A pass catching TE who is athletic enough to create match up problems would really help make our offense even more difficult to defend.

I actually like the guys we have. I think you give the guys more time to grow into their roles. I think Hank still has big time upside and I think the same about Morgan. Morgan is really physical and catches a lot of balls in traffic. I think Aldrick is probably limited as a player, but he takes the top off a defense like nobody's business. I'm not sure what's up with Briscoe, but he did flash at times. I say you stay pat at WR and let it play out.

We have other more pressing needs than WR Imo. I like our group. Garcon is a legit #1, Moss is great in the slot and Morgan is a good possession guy. I feel Hank and Robinson are due for decent if not big seasons next year as well. Maybe draft a guy in the Mid-late rounds, but I say no to a big name FA. Hail.

Archived