Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should the Redskins Sign a big name receiver in the Off Season?

bops

I would like an upgrade at WR on the outside and in the slot. I think Wallace could potentially look very good and take some pressure off of Garçon. He would also give us scheme flexibility as opposing defenses wouldn't be able to focus on one or the other on any given play.

For those that suggested Clady, that would be awesome. We cod put Clady on the left and move Trent back to the right where he was awesome in college. Not going to happen though. You have to think that unless Denver is in an impossible cap situation, that they will franchise Clady.

I would like an upgrade at WR on the outside and in the slot. I think Wallace could potentially look very good and take some pressure off of Garçon. He would also give us scheme flexibility as opposing defenses wouldn't be able to focus on one or the other on any given play.

For those that suggested Clady, that would be awesome. We cod put Clady on the left and move Trent back to the right where he was awesome in college. Not going to happen though. You have to think that unless Denver is in an impossible cap situation, that they will franchise Clady.

I don't get it. Why would we move possibly the best LT in football to RT?

The only really attractive options I see are Welker and Cruz, but the Giants would never let Cruz go (so he might as well not be on the list) and as good as Welker is, he is one of those players who owes most of his success to Belichick's offense and would not perform up to his reputation or contract anywhere else. Maybe Cribbs would be a good signing but more as a returner than a WR.

The best way to improve our offense is depth at OL, another RB, another TE, and keep developing the WRs we have.

I honestly really like the WR corp, it's the best we've had in a minute. Veteran in Moss, solid catcher, route runner and insane blocker in Morgan, YAC threat in Garcon, big 1st down WR in Hankerson, burner in Robinson. A healthy Fred Davis would have been nice this year too.

YES, or sign TO and or Randy Moss to a one year vet min and use the draft to see if we can find a sleeper.

TO doesn't belong on a NFL roster. The guy has been rat poison. He and Randy Moss are in the twilight of their careers. This WR corps is really developing and getting cohesive. Santana, even though he's getting up there in years, is still productive as a slot guy if they want to bring him back. History has shown that giving a bunch of money to veteran FAs hasn't exactly paid off here. They're better off with the guys they already have or finding a guy in the draft.

If we can get Bowe, our offense would easily be the best in the NFL.

That would be tempting but I think he will want a contract which uses up too much of the cap space we need for the defense and RT. Also Bowe is a guy who has been productive but strikes me as someone who has not done himself full justice - for as physically talented as he is he sometimes vanishes from games and I can recall some pretty poor attempts at catches and giving up on routes which have thrown his QB under the bus.

Would a change of scenery and a big contract bring out the best of him or is his heart not really in it?

Gonna have to say no to that. We don't need a "big name receiver" right now. We can use one more solid WR, but don't need to spend tons of money on one. There are plenty of other holes as others have mentioned.

Garcon/Hankerson/Morgan/Robinson/Moss is fairly solid I think. Certainly upgradeable, but don't need to go crazy.

I honestly really like the WR corp, it's the best we've had in a minute. Veteran in Moss, solid catcher, route runner and insane blocker in Morgan, YAC threat in Garcon, big 1st down WR in Hankerson, burner in Robinson. A healthy Fred Davis would have been nice this year too.

Going into week 15 the Burgundy and Gold are 7th in scoring and 5th yards! That's without our 2 best receivers for the bulk of the season.

Ding.

Good choice.

Jairus Bryd would be absolute money. If he were our only FA signing (aside from re-signing our own guys) I think we'd be doing just fine. Hopefully he actually tests the market and we get a shot at him. But I don't see any need to sign any offensive players other than perhaps linemen or running back depth. Byrd would make a big improvement in our secondary and allow us to be more flexible in the draft. He should definitely be our top priority.

I don't get it. Why would we move possibly the best LT in football to RT?

No brainer. First, I am not saying we should push for Clady. I was saying Clady will be franchised if the Broncos can't resign him. If we did sign him though, someone would have to play RT. Clady has been as good or better than Trent this year and Trent is a natural brawler of a RT who played RT at Oklahohoma before his final year.

In any case, I would be happy with signing Byrd. We need upgrades at CB, safety and in the pass rush. I'd still like a big talented outside receiver though.

Archived