Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Garcon was just on Sportscenter

skinsfan07

Or its a switcheroo on the switcheroo. Tell everyone that Cousins is starting leading up to the game, and then start Griffin. Regardless, I don't see very many designed QB runs in the game plan this week. Cleveland has to be thinking the same thing...

That would be awesome...first play, read-option, Cousins QB keeper. I mean, he'd probably get about two yards before getting crunched, but still, make em think! :ols:

Good perfect he planted the seed for the Browns to not prepare for RG3

Everyone is nicked this time of year. London played, Trent played, Hall played after hearing pretty negative reports on their health.

Me thinks RG3 is going to play. It almost seems like we need to win every game at this point and I have heard of no clear risk to making the sprain worse.

The only risk is to the Cousins Committee ;)

I wouldn't read too much into it. If it was a worse injury, we could expect him to not start, but with a grade 1, it'll be based on how he practices Wednesday through Friday. If he's practicing Friday, even limited, I would expect him active and probably starting.

Cousins is probably getting 1st team snaps this week, so he might have been referring to who was getting reps with the starters, which would be Cousins, until RGIII is back on the practice field. I know they haven't practiced fully yet, that's Wednesday, but they might have been told Cousins would be getting the reps in practice this week.

Finally, Shanahan loves to play mind games, and I think Garcon would totally be down. Have him say Cousins is starting, and the Browns prepare for Cousins, then come Friday RGIII is limited, so the Browns don't know who's starting. Come Sunday RGIII comes trotting out and the Brown's ended up wasting 2-3 days preparing for Cousins instead of RGIII.

I have a feeling RG3 will play. I think Garcon is trying to sell Kirk starting so the browns spend time watching preseason games of kirk and less time studying rg3 film.

i don't think garcon is intentionally misleading anyone. his quote, in context, was basically meant as "IF kirk is starting..."

I highly doubt the Cleveland Browns are ...

a)watching Garcon

b)give a rats ass what the receiver says about who will play.

It's very confusing to me why people would think this impacts the outcome of Sunday's game. RGIII probably isn't certain as to whether or not he will play yet, so how could Garcon know?

Cleveland will do what teams ALWAYS do in this situation. They will prepare as if RGIII is going to play, but also study up on Kirk Cousins as well. All Cleveland can do is be prepared for both until a definitive starter is named, which may not happen until Sunday.

i'll be very surprised if he's not. i'd put money on it.

At least someone else here can read the truth through the media's overblowing and Shanny's mind games. It's A GRADE 1 SPRAIN. If it was anything else I might be inclined to say he may not start. But anyone who does a little research on grade 1 sprains knows that its nothing that's going to keep a guy with RG3's will to compete out.

If Griffin can go, and is comfortable/healthy enough to run plays from the pocket withouth him running, l'll prefer he start. Partly because, I dont want to give any ammunition to naysayers who consistently bring up the durability issue. There criticism would be pointless if RG3 ends up playing every game this season.

At the end of First Take they asked him if Kirk was starting based on his previous statements. He had a good answer. Right now, they're practicing as if that's going to be the case. Which is what they NEED to be doing. If RG3 is healthy come game time, then you slot him in and you do what you've been doing all season. But if not, you need a week of Cousin's having experience with the first team guys.

Archived