Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Garcon was just on Sportscenter

skinsfan07

My two cents (otherwise known as "my sense") is that Griffin is got a Cortisone shot and will try practice by Friday. If it works and he's not crazy sore on Saturday it's a go. Otherwise, we'll go in with a significantly watered down gameplan for Cousins to not get overwhelmed.

This is probably right, they have some serious dark magic when it comes to NFL medicine.

That being said, I think Cousins might surprise everyone. The kid is smart, he probably knows the playbook back and forth. The key question will be his physical ability to run it. I don't think you necessarily water down the playbook though, just shift it somewhat more traditional.

Unless Cousins turns out to be really good at the zone read, in which case you can just laugh as teams prepare for traditional plays and get the zone read.

Ha, this is very wrong.
I hope your right but bet your wrong.

---------- Post added December-11th-2012 at 06:24 PM ----------

nope.
Hope your right too but we will see soon enough.

---------- Post added December-11th-2012 at 06:25 PM ----------

Pretty sure they had the day off yesterday, and today is a film day, so I don't think the starting team has practiced yet.
We will know soon enough.

They havent even practiced yet .. wont practice until Wednesday ... so what you said was definitely wrong. How could he know who's practicing with first team when they have yet to practice?

I won't. Grade 1 sprains by definition aren't bad. Add daily treatment from top notch staff, advice from James Andrews and RG3 already saying he'll play through any pain. RG3 will start.

Also, I believe Shanahan described the injury as a "mild" grade 1 strain. If true, RG3 will probably play. So, is Shanahan sending out misinformation knowing RG3's injury is a more serious grade 1 strain? Under the circumstances, Cleveland has to prepare for both quarterbacks.

If that's true, Shanahan is going to rip off Garcon's foot and feed it to him for spilling the beans.

Yup. Im sure Shanny wanted to keep that under wraps, if true, for as long as possible.. Or maybe he says that by request from coach, to throw them off?? With Shanny, it's hard to tell what mind funk he's playin.. :ols:

Also, I believe Shanahan described the injury as a "mild" grade 1 strain. If true, RG3 will probably play. So, is Shanahan sending out misinformation knowing RG3's injury is a more serious grade 1 strain? Under the circumstances, Cleveland has to prepare for both quarterbacks.

No. Shanahan said SPRAIN. He even said "with a P" in the news presser. And no i don't believe he sent out misinformation about the injury intentionally because i believe that is against league rules. I think you have to accurately report injury news. And while you do have to designate doubtful, questionable, probable etc. you dont have to be 100% transparent as to availability. He has a grade 1 SPRAIN with mild swelling. Doesn't sound too bad plus Chris Russell reported that he saw RG3 the day after and he appeared to be in good spirits and walking with less of a limp than the day before. Couple that with the fact that RG Jr. (RG3's dad) said his son fully expects to play and i think you can say there's a high likelihood he'll be out there.

---------- Post added December-11th-2012 at 06:30 PM ----------

Dude, Garcon already clarified more than once that he said he didn't know if Cousins was starting, just that they were preparing that way. Plus he doesn't know who is practicing like you said since practice hasn't happened yet. Remember this is a GRADE 1 sprain. Go look up what that means. Less that 10% of the fibers damaged. Stop watching the replay and realize that the truth of the injury is much less significant. RG3 will likely start with a brace on his knee.

Or its a switcheroo on the switcheroo. Tell everyone that Cousins is starting leading up to the game, and then start Griffin. Regardless, I don't see very many designed QB runs in the game plan this week. Cleveland has to be thinking the same thing...

Disagree because the Redskins have been all for going with the unexpected I think there will be designed QB runs with the emphasis on "getting down" before contact and only "taking whats there" the Kyle Shanahan approach.

No. Shanahan said SPRAIN. He even said "with a P" in the news presser. And no i don't believe he sent out misinformation about the injury intentionally because i believe that is against league rules. I think you have to accurately report injury news. And while you do have to designate doubtful, questionable, probable etc. you dont have to be 100% transparent as to availability. He has a grade 1 SPRAIN with mild swelling. Doesn't sound too bad plus Chris Russell reported that he saw RG3 the day after and he appeared to be in good spirits and walking with less of a limp than the day before. Couple that with the fact that RG Jr. (RG3's dad) said his son fully expects to play and i think you can say there's a high likelihood he'll be out there.

---------- Post added December-11th-2012 at 06:30 PM ----------

Dude, Garcon already clarified more than once that he said he didn't know if Cousins was starting, just that they were preparing that way. Plus he doesn't know who is practicing like you said since practice hasn't happened yet. Remember this is a GRADE 1 sprain. Go look up what that means. Less that 10% of the fibers damaged. Stop watching the replay and realize that the truth of the injury is much less significant. RG3 will likely start with a brace on his knee.

Shannahan, along with Belichick, pioneered the Injury report shenanigans when he was in Denver. Although the NFL has cracked down on it, I am personally under no illusions that it doesn't still happen.

Too early to say who is starting. RG3 feels good on Tuesday... game is on Sunday... they'll prob make the call during warm-ups...

With it being the QB I'm pretty sure they will know before warm ups who is getting the start since the game plans will be pretty different depending who is under centre (or more accurately stood in the pistol). However they may well not announce it until after warm ups when the inactive list comes out. Keep Cleveland guessing as much as possible.

With it being the QB I'm pretty sure they will know before warm ups who is getting the start since the game plans will be pretty different depending who is under centre (or more accurately stood in the pistol). However they may well not announce it until after warm ups when the inactive list comes out. Keep Cleveland guessing as much as possible.

If RG3 is in fact the starter, I would guess Grossman is activated as well, since one bad step or hit may re-aggrevate the knee injury

Archived