Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Garcon was just on Sportscenter

skinsfan07

Or its a switcheroo on the switcheroo. Tell everyone that Cousins is starting leading up to the game, and then start Griffin. Regardless, I don't see very many designed QB runs in the game plan this week. Cleveland has to be thinking the same thing...

My thoughts exactly.

Maybe if Cousins goes and plays an incredible game it'll up his trade value and we can get some awesome draft picks to bolster our D, especially with the weak QB class entering the draft this year.

So you would trade a backup QB who shows he can step in when your starter goes down, whether that's one play or one game? Why? How many teams have such a luxury?

So you would trade a backup QB who shows he can step in when your starter goes down, whether that's one play or one game? Why? How many teams have such a luxury?

That's what I do not get. Sure, if one day you can get ANOTHER guy and bring in a good starter for a QB (I'd rather get an actual good player than a draft pick that may or MAY NOT work out) but you don't, one year in, give up on a quality backup in this league.

At least someone else here can read the truth through the media's overblowing and Shanny's mind games. It's A GRADE 1 SPRAIN. If it was anything else I might be inclined to say he may not start. But anyone who does a little research on grade 1 sprains knows that its nothing that's going to keep a guy with RG3's will to compete out.

Its only a grade one sprain I would be shocked if he does not play on Sunday, if we were in the Eagles position out of the playoff race I would sit him. I am no doctor but I think the media is overhyping this. Although if I was a betting man I would take the skins getting 7.

Someone mention this before and I agree, this sounds like some type of strategy.

http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/talk/did-gar%C3%A7-let-word-slip-rg3s-status

there is no way I can believe that PG was not rehersed in some way by the organization with what to say and how to say it

that does not mean he was is is not sloppy with his delivery but if you think shanny and the boys did not speak to garcon about the interview beforehand, you gots to be crazy

Garcon rarely talks to the media...now we may know why. While I like to think it is a classic Shanny Jedi mind trick, I do not think Grif will be playing.

Actually, at the end of first take, they asked him, "So you think Kirk Cousins is starting this week?" and he said "I was just saying that we have to prepare as if he is the starter". So it wasn't some fruedian slip....he just meant it different than it came out.

My two cents (otherwise known as "my sense") is that Griffin is got a Cortisone shot and will try practice by Friday. If it works and he's not crazy sore on Saturday it's a go. Otherwise, we'll go in with a significantly watered down gameplan for Cousins to not get overwhelmed.

lol

You guys are prolly into conspiracy theories too =p

I kinda get the vibe that RG3 will not play..but I hope he does. Anyone who thinks we can beat the Browns regardless of who we put under center is crazy. KC1 may come in a play well, but I wouldn't bank on it. The Browns are playing better and have a really nice defense, they would love to crap all over our playoff run. If RG3 plays, I hope he is more decisive and sharp than he was against B-more..because his legs aren't gonna bail him out.

Regardless, HTTR~! I'm enjoying this run!

I don't think Shanahan has decided himself who will start, much less told the players. Don't they not even practice fully until Wednesday?

Garcon was either makking an assumption, or purposefully misleading the media. I'm assuming #1.

i agree with all of this.

if i had to guess, though, my gut tells me rg3's knee is going to heal fast, and not just because he's young or superman or anything like that: if the MRI was accurate and there's no major damage, the swelling and pain will fade in about a week. by sunday he'll be about 90%. i've had a similar scare myself where i thought i came within an inch of really tearing my knee up, and i was surprised at how fast i lost my limp.

That comment was somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but I imagine that for the right price we'd have to consider it.

If we got offered a high-2nd pick for Cousins, it'd be dumb to not at least think about the offer (I'm not saying Cousins is worth a high-2nd round pick but just illustrating a scenario). Beyond that, if Cousins knows he's good enough to start he's going to want his opportunity at some point so I'd much rather get his trade value than nothing, which is what we'd get if we lost him via free agency.

That comment was somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but I imagine that for the right price we'd have to consider it.

If we got offered a high-2nd pick for Cousins, it'd be dumb to not at least think about the offer (I'm not saying Cousins is worth a high-2nd round pick but just illustrating a scenario). Beyond that, if Cousins knows he's good enough to start he's going to want his opportunity at some point so I'd much rather get his trade value than nothing, which is what we'd get if we lost him via free agency.

We can only hope we get a high offer for Cousins at some point in time. The Cassell trade to KC might make some teams reconsider though as well as the Philthy QB to AZ.

LOL you guys are just in straight denial if you think that there is some weird conspiracy behind this. Garcon messed up on live tv, and im sure he immediately regretted it..Now the browns will find out because I guarantee this will be all over sportscenter come the afternoon. Cousins will start this next game,mark my words.

We can only hope we get a high offer for Cousins at some point in time. The Cassell trade to KC might make some teams reconsider though as well as the Philthy QB to AZ.

I agree with that. The Cassell situation was unique too, in that he played almost the entire season in NE when Brady was hurt, so there was way more of a record to trade on (and it still didn't work out). I can't imagine a team pulling the lever on trading for Cousins based on a few regular season snaps.

Actually, at the end of first take, they asked him, "So you think Kirk Cousins is starting this week?" and he said "I was just saying that we have to prepare as if he is the starter". So it wasn't some fruedian slip....he just meant it different than it came out.

Of course hes gonna take it back lol he knw he ***** up right after he said it

I kinda get the vibe that RG3 will not play..but I hope he does

RG3 plays. Kid's too competitve to sit it out. Plus his knee is 100% functional, just sore - according to sources. I wouldn't admit he starts till game day - but he will play - he believes in his legacy.

Hey, work is extra crazy today, and it sure seems like there's no danger of it happening, but just in case you guys think we're running even a little low on dumb and/or pointless, drop zoony a PM and let him know because I may not be able to get to the flow valve.

:evilg:

:pfft:

I don't think Shanahan has decided himself who will start, much less told the players. Don't they not even practice fully until Wednesday?

Right at this very moment they're preparing the ultimate secret weapon - Rex Grossman!!! /jk I'll bet some of you even forgot he was on the roster. That's a good thing, right?

Archived