Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andrew Luck is the next (insert name of one year wonder/moderately disappointing white QB)

Riggo-toni

I think we can all agree that the way luck reads defenses and finds open safeties and linebackers is far ahead of where RG3 is at right now. I've seen him pumpfake his own man just to open up a safety on a deep third route. I'm sorry but did you see that pass to the linebacker WHILE he was getting sacked? Not every qb can make that play, his touch and ability to find the open man in traffic in unbelievable. Thinking about dropping 8 into coverage? Luck just smiles, more targets for him to throw to. I've seen him make throws to his 6th or 7th read routinely. All I'm saying is this guy has my vote for MVP.

I think we can all agree that the way luck reads defenses and finds open safeties and linebackers is far ahead of where RG3 is at right now. I've seen him pumpfake his own man just to open up a safety on a deep third route. I'm sorry but did you see that pass to the linebacker WHILE he was getting sacked? Not every qb can make that play, his touch and ability to find the open man in traffic in unbelievable. Thinking about dropping 8 into coverage? Luck just smiles, more targets for him to throw to. I've seen him make throws to his 6th or 7th read routinely. All I'm saying is this guy has my vote for MVP.

I enjoyed this post, thank you.

People have no idea what they're talkin about.

Very true - and this thread is an excellent example.

Andrew Luck being a very very good QB does not in anyway diminish how good RGIII is. They are both going to be very good for a long time and any franchise would be lucky to have either guy at the QB position. This has been a very good year for rookie QBs, RGIII and Luck are just ahead of Wilson IMO and then just behind WIlson you have Tannehill and Weedon who have both looked pretty good overall. Even Foles looked a lot better last week for the Eagles and showed some promise not to mention our very own Kirk Cousins of course! Very good QB class with two guys in Luck and RGIII who will be stars for a long time injuries permitting.

C'mon... Andrew Luck is pretty good. His team is 9-4 and he's a rookie. He's going to be a very good QB for a very long time.

But RG3 is better.

(That's all you have to say.)

The thing that bothers me is he is NOT currently good. You can see flashes of good, but you can't look at him as a player right now and make that claim. If he was a 10-year veteran, nobody would say he's having a great season. RG3, on the other hand, is having a great year no matter how long he's been in the league. I would not be surprised if Luck becomes a hall of famer. I also wouldn't be surprised if he became the next Rex Grossman.

---------- Post added December-11th-2012 at 05:13 AM ----------

RG3 has played more efficient, but he has a different team with an explosive run game. Both are great rookies.

The ESPN list for QBs is bogus. Do you really think Alex Smith is #2?

That list is based on QB rating, and I think that's a really good way to measure a quarterback. Alex Smith is a good QB, but that particular measurement does make him look better than he is. Move him out of the way as an outlier, and you will see that the list is pretty accurate.

Luck is the next BTK killer. Serial killers tend to be ugly white guys

Now THIS is the kind of in-depth analysis I've been looking for! It's nice to see someone actually reading a thread and responding appropriately rather than hijacking it with all kinds of factual over-analysis.

lol a lot of people misunderstood this thread right away. Know why? Because people think they're supposed to be offended when a skin color is brought up. That is the only reason it's always such a cluster**** when this thing comes up. It's such a mess. Same thing every time: 1-Fan A compares RG3 to a black QB because they're black. 2-Fan B points out they are not alike at all besides skin color. 3-Fan A rages and calls Fan B a racist when Fan A was the one using skin color in the first place. And NEITHER of them are saying anything racially hateful. It's RIDICULOUS lol.

This thread is pointing out how stupid the whole thing is, and it's awesome. The point that people don't do their homework and just run with silly ideas.

Andrew Luck is pretty much Ben Rothlisberger. He's probably going to sexually assault women in bathrooms. See their beards? They're also both big guys who can take a hit. History doesn't lie, just look at the facts.

;)

You don't render racial insensitivity irrelevant by ignoring it or refusing to bring it up, you mock it, you satirize it, you hold it up and show people what a caricature it really is. You steal any malignant power it might have and turn it into the cartoon it should be.

Right on! :)

---------- Post added December-11th-2012 at 07:06 PM ----------

Not a chance in Hell. On ESPN earlier they were talking about RG3 in MVP discussion.

Btw, there was a poll on ESPN about a week ago and Luck won easily over RGIII in the voting by the fans.

and I found this

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2012/12/06/seahawks-russell-wilson-moving-toward-lead-in-rookie-of-the-year-race/

People mention RG3 in the MVP conversation. I haven't heard Luck mentioned there. So how could Luck deserve RoTY?

As I mentioned in the ROY thread, the Colts message board is full of people who are talking MVP. Some of them seem to be taking it as a given that Luck will win ROY, so they've moved on to MVP talk. :ols:

No doubt Luck has made some great plays and has led some nice comeback drives, but I really have a hard time seeing a QB who has a very low completion percentage, 1:1 TD to INT ratio, low passer rating, etc getting ROY honors. Could happen but it seems like the Colts wins are more of a team thing to me seeing as how Luck has caused just as many problems (INTs) as solutions (TDs). If he didn't throw all those INTs he might not have to lead so many comeback drives.

Unless...its all planned! That's it! Irsay TOLD him to throw all those INTs so he could lead comeback drives and make it dramatic! ....Devious.

If Andrew Luck were awarded Rookie of the Year this year, he would have the 3rd lowest QB rating for an OROY winning QB since 1967. The only 2 lower than him would be Dennis Shaw (1970) and Vince Young (2006). Luck would also have the second lowest completion % for a QB OROY winner, coming in only behind Vince Young (the 1970 QB had a higher completion percentage than Luck).

Oddly enough, if Luck wins, it will be basically using the same reasoning as for Young - Young was the 3rd overall pick and led his team to an 8-5 record after his team started 0-3 without him. A major difference is that Young's class had a fairly weak rookie year - the closest runner ups were Marques Colston (1000 yds, 8 TDs) and MJD (1000 yds, 13 TDs, 1 KR TD).

Another interesting statistic is that, in the history of OROY QBs, there has never been a QB who led the league in any passing categories. If Luck were to win, that would change - he leads the league in interceptions. If RG3 were to win, that would also change - he leads the league in passer rating and yards per attempt.

Here's the source data: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_Rookie_of_the_Year_Award

Dennis Shaw, 1970, 65.3 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/ShawDe00.htm)

Ben Roethlisberger, 2004, 98.1 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RoetBe00.htm)

Vince Young, 2006, 66.7 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/Y/YounVi00.htm)

Matt Ryan, 2008, 87.7 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RyanMa00.htm)

Sam Bradford, 2010, 76.5 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradSa00.htm)

Cam Newton, 2011, 84.5 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/N/NewtCa00.htm)

Andrew Luck, 2012, 74.5 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LuckAn00.htm)

Robert Griffin, 2012, 104.2 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GrifRo01.htm)

I just haven't been that overly impressed by Luck. He's been good, yes but I'm really getting annoyed by everyone crowning him king and ignoring all the faults while at the same time dismissing what RG3 has done. So before you continue reading and decide you want to stand up for Luck, I'm going to tell you now that I don't care and am probably not going to respond because you won't change my mind on how I feel both are being portrayed at this point...

Rant starting now...

Who has he beaten? GB (who's been fizzling out)? Minny (good running team that doesn't put up many pts)?

Everyone says - "Lucks asked to do more" - passing wise? yes --- total offense wise? no

"Luck doesn't have a run game" -- well guess what, RG3 wouldn't either if he wasn't a running threat as well.

"Luck took over a 2-14 team" - that was also the same team that was 12-4 under Manning

response to above ^ "but this years team has a lot of new people" -- so did he or did he not take over a "2-14" team then??

"Luck has a gazillion comeback wins..." -- impressive but that's also like saying "I fixed the large dent in the car!" ---"great! shouldn't of had to if you didn't put it there" or "I cleaned up the trash!" "good for you! you made the mess..." --- oh and RG3 has led his team to a few that they ended up winning and also a few that OTHERS mistakes caused them to fall short

Player A & Player B -- who would you take??

Player A has a 51.7% , Totals: 1055yds, 5 td's to 6 int's

Player B in the 4th -- 62.4%, Totals: 1086yds, 6 td's to 1 int

Player A:

when behind 1-8 pts:

54.5% - 8td's to 6 ints

ahead 1-8:

51.9% - 3 td's to 2 ints

Player B:

behind 1-8 pts:

70.6% - 6 td's to 1 int

ahead 1-8 pts:

70.7% - 4 td's to 1 int

12 of Player A's 18 tds are redzone tds - all are on opp. side of field

9 of Player B's 18 tds are redzone tds - 5 greater than 50 yards

And here's giving/leaving pts...

Player A has thrown 9 Int's while on the opponents side of the field

Player B .....1

Player A - 9 int's on his own side of the field

Player B - 3

Has anyone said Kyle Boller yet? The athleticism, 50 percent completion, and turnovers seem to fit. :)

Kyle Boller haha -- I'm hard on him but not that bad -- IMO I think Favre is a great comparison (no I'm not saying he will accomplish what Favre did) but the low completion percentage, gunslinger mentality into double/triple coverage because he doesn't know any other WRs besides Reggie Wayne, mobility/athleticism and the high interception numbers

I was also never really a fan of Brett because I just don't see the logic behind being "great" when you put your teams in ****ty positions that caused your comeback numbers to look great but also caused a lot of defeat.

lol a lot of people misunderstood this thread right away. Know why? Because people think they're supposed to be offended when a skin color is brought up.

This thread is pointing out how stupid the whole thing is, and it's awesome. The point that people don't do their homework and just run with silly ideas.

Andrew Luck is pretty much Ben Rothlisberger. He's probably going to sexually assault women in bathrooms. See their beards? They're also both big guys who can take a hit. History doesn't lie, just look at the facts.

;)

I never realized I was such a huge fan of Dirt!!!

Archived