Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andrew Luck is the next (insert name of one year wonder/moderately disappointing white QB)

Riggo-toni

Speaking of moderately disappointing white QBs. How awful was that last play by Joe Flacco in OT? Talk about complete lack of pocket presence.

---------- Post added December-10th-2012 at 10:58 AM ----------

RG3 has played more efficient, but he has a different team with an explosive run game.

RGIII causes the explosive run game. The line can't collapse like they can against any other team. Just watching Gruden breaking down the Giants DE's standing flat footed proves how much he effects all parts of the offense. Albert Morris had 15 carries for 110 yards against the Falcons when RGIII was in there. After he got hurt Morris had 3 carries for 8 yards. Keep in mind that the Skins had the lead when RGIII went out.

Wow... Racism remains because stupid people hold on to it for dear life.

RGIII comes from a military family. I'm pretty sure he'd read this thread and call most of you stupid for considering race an issue here. Racism is a distant past within the military (and I'd argue most of the U.S.) except for those that cling to it and preach about it non-stop. Our President is Black, that's the highest position any person can reach within the United States, and he was VOTED there.. TWICE... But hey.. everyone is racist, right?

You may think I have no idea what I'm talking about, but we're getting to the point where the scales have tipped the opposite direction. NFL teams MUST interview a minority candidate for team positions. THAT is racist. Why can't it be the best person for the job? Why do people have to continue clinging to this stuff?

It will die when people let it die and stop teaching their children to hate. My kids play with all other kids and don't notice color, just another friend. Let's keep it that way.

(And for the record... The media hates the Redskins... so they hype up Luck. We all know Luck is never going to win RotY)

Don't hate just cause haters be hate'n on RG!!!.

I hope Luck does well, and provided a good benchmark for how much more awesome RG!!! is...

What you said!

I think Luck is doing very well for a first year player. You can toss in Wilson and to some extent Tannehill as well.

I am not going to start ragging on a player, especially one we seldom ever face just because national media has to some extent created a Luck vs. RGIII battle to the death. Let the guys play out their careers, and then make the grand sweeping decisions.

RGIII comes from a military family. I'm pretty sure he'd read this thread and call most of you stupid for considering race an issue here. Racism is a distant past within the military (and I'd argue most of the U.S.) except for those that cling to it and preach about it non-stop. Our President is Black, that's the highest position any person can reach within the United States, and he was VOTED there.. TWICE... But hey.. everyone is racist, right?

Um, Dude. Did you read the original post in this thread? This was intended as a satire on all the media analysts and idiotic fans who turn their brains off and just lump RG3 in with Cam Newton, even though they are very different QBs. The title was meant to flip things on its head and show how absurd/idiotic it is to point out Cam's failures as proof that RG3 will also flame out. There was absolutely no intention of inflaming racial tensions; quite the opposite - it was intended to illustrate how mindless, flawed, and lazy an analysis based almost entirely on a stereotype can be. It wasn't even meant as a Luck-bashing thread. How do people not get a comment like "QBs who look like they're Indonesian don't win SBs" is a joke?

Let me start with this, i think RGIII definitely deserves the OROY award, he's simply too dominant statistically for a rookie, to not to win this, regardless of team record, especially since the Redskins had a clearly harder schedule. However, you really have to watch Colts games, to understand Luck's weak stats in comparison, and get some perspective. That Colts team is pretty terrible overall, and has way less talent than either the Redskins, or the Seahawks. I don't think it's even debatable. If you think otherwise, you have an agenda.

The Colts surely has a bottom 3 offensive line, and a dead last running game. They are terrible. There is no other way around it. Their defense (overall defense) is also one of the worst, and doesn't have any strengths like the Redskins defense for example (stopping the run). The Colts defense is consistently mediocre on every front, with bad special team play as well. No question, Luck had some questionable throws, but he really have to force it all the time. Just watch a game.

The Tennesse pass rush destroyed him yesterday. 4 sacks, and he was hurried on every down. He simply has no time in the pocket, and he can't give it to the runners, on any important downs, because no way they're gonna make the yardage, so Luck has to throw, without time, and the defenders know he's gonna throw it, because he has to. Obviously, he's gonna throw a lot of interceptions, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure that out.

Again, i think RGIII should win the OROY award, i'm just saying, you can't take a look at Andrew's raw stats, and say he's terrible, without any kind of context. The talent is clearly there, and he's very-very clutch, it's just his play is far from mistake free, but that has a lot to do with team's strength, and the system as well. One other thing, Manning acually threw 28 interceptions in his rookie season, yet he showed promise, and that Colts team finished the season with an 3-13 record, with a surely similar weak schedule... Just saying.

You may think I have no idea what I'm talking about, but we're getting to the point where the scales have tipped the opposite direction. NFL teams MUST interview a minority candidate for team positions. THAT is racist. Why can't it be the best person for the job? Why do people have to continue clinging to this stuff?

It will die when people let it die and stop teaching their children to hate. My kids play with all other kids and don't notice color, just another friend. Let's keep it that way.

(And for the record... The media hates the Redskins... so they hype up Luck. We all know Luck is never going to win RotY)

I understand what you are saying. It sounds rosey, but it flat out isn't true. Yes things are way much better these days race wise, but it definitely still exists. I just recently experienced racism from a job interview this past summer. There is no logical reason to knock RGIII and then turnaround and praise Luck other than shear stupidity...ie racism.

Me personally...I am not clinging to it. I'm just not naive enough to think it still doesn't exist.

Again, i think RGIII should win the OROY award, i'm just saying, you can't take a look at Andrew's raw stats, and say he's terrible, without any kind of context. Manning acually had thrown 28 interceptions in his rookie season, yet he showed promise, and that Colts team finished the season with an 3-13 record... Just saying.

Having watched Luck play by getting my hands on as much tape as possible, I can say he's not playing well, just based on tape and not numbers.

Luck doesn't have to throw it. Sometimes the best play on 3rd and 10 is to chuck it out of bounds, or take a checkdown you know won't get the yardage. The idea that Luck is forced to throw into coverage and make bad throws because his team sucks is silly. He's not playing smart football. Sometimes the best play really is no play. Sometimes the best play is to take a sack. Sometimes the best play is to check it down. Luck's refusal to do so shows questionable decision making.

This thread was not intended as hating on Luck, but rather exposing the narrow-minded racially infused comparisons foisted upon our guy. If nitwits can discount RG3's success by drawing unrelated parallels to Cam's rise and fall, it would be no less absurd to point to the initial success and subsequent collapse of a traditional pocket passer to Luck.

A little off topic, but given your comparison to the "Rise and fall" of Cam, has anyone noticed how Cam has been playing the past few weeks in the face of all of the haters? (Still would take RGIII over Cam any day of the week, but perhaps the "Cam has fallen" rhetoric is a bit overblown as well.)

Again, i think RGIII should win the OROY award, i'm just saying, you can't take a look at Andrew's raw stats, and say he's terrible, without any kind of context. The talent is clearly there, and he's very-very clutch, it's just his play is far from mistake free, but that has a lot to do with team's strength, and the system as well. One other thing, Manning acually threw 28 interceptions in his rookie season, yet he showed promise, and that Colts team finished the season with an 3-13 record, with a surely similar weak schedule... Just saying.

Dude, no one is saying Luck is awful. But he has middlin' stats and contrary to popular opinion, in the MODERN NFL, under 55 pct is awful NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE OR WHAT LINE YOU PLAY BEHIND. I get the other things you're saying and I dont think anyone here is saying he had no hand in what the Colts have done. But that goes both ways.

As for no line protection, would the advanced metrics on offensive lines bear that out? Again, I'm sure they're questionable but am I to believe he's taking hits 1-2 seconds in every pass play?

A little off topic, but given your comparison to the "Rise and fall" of Cam, has anyone noticed how Cam has been playing the past few weeks in the face of all of the haters? (Still would take RGIII over Cam any day of the week, but perhaps the "Cam has fallen" rhetoric is a bit overblown as well.

He certainly had a good game yesterday!

Having watched Luck play by getting my hands on as much tape as possible, I can say he's not playing well, just based on tape and not numbers.

Luck doesn't have to throw it. Sometimes the best play on 3rd and 10 is to chuck it out of bounds, or take a checkdown you know won't get the yardage. The idea that Luck is forced to throw into coverage and make bad throws because his team sucks is silly. He's not playing smart football. Sometimes the best play really is no play. Sometimes the best play is to take a sack. Sometimes the best play is to check it down. Luck's refusal to do so shows questionable decision making.

You're right in general, in that sometimes the best play is to not force it. And yes, he did force it on occasions, still, he simply has to make more throws than any other QB in the league, in order to win games with his team. Could he be a little more mistake free? Surely, but he's still gonna have to make more throws, than anybody else in the league, because of a terrible, or more like non-existent running game, and a bottom feeder offensive line. Those can sound like excuses, but that's the reality, and It's just the way things going to be this year. Also yes, and embarassing wild card loss is certainly in the cards. Still wouldn't mean he can't be excellent in the near future.

I'd love to tell you about the abuse I endured growing up in Southern Maryland (not Alabama or Mississippi, mind you) after 9/11 as a South Asian male. Then you can tell me racism is a distant past in this country.

It's still alive and well whether people want to shut their eyes to it or not. The RG3/Luck stuff is another subtle measure of the same.

The Colts surely has a bottom 3 offensive line

Untrue.

and a dead last running game

Also untrue. They're 19th. Their run game is about as good as it was during Peyton's first year.

Their defense (overall defense) is also one of the worst

Untrue. The Colts have a somewhat below average pass defense, give up fewer points per game than the Skins, and they've given up under 20 points in 6 of their 13 games, and 7 of 13 if you take away the Luck pick-6 last game.

, and doesn't have any strengths like the Redskins defense for example (stopping the run). The Colts defense is consistently mediocre on every front, with bad special team play as well. No question, Luck had some questionable throws, but he really have to force it all the time. Just watch a game.

The Tennesse pass rush destroyed him yesterday. 4 sacks, and he was hurried on every down. He simply has no time in the pocket, and he can't give it to the runners, on any important downs, because no way they're gonna make the yardage, so Luck has to throw, without time, and the defenders know he's gonna throw it, because he has to. Obviously, he's gonna throw a lot of interceptions, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure that out.

Luck and RGIII hold the ball for roughly 3 seconds before they throw the ball, which is close to tops in the league (as of late November) according to PFF. However, RGIII's ability to scramble and keep plays alive outside the pocket unnaturally inflates that. Luck, while athletic, doesn't really have that ability. This seems to suggest that Luck has more time to throw than people would think.

Luck also, on his sacks, is sacked after 3.4 seconds on average. RGIII is sacked after 2.85 seconds on average. And if you actually watch the tape and ignore Indy fan talking points, Luck generally has clean pockets to step up into, especially on his deep drops, while RGIII tends to get flushed from the pocket because the right side of our line is so bad at pass blocking (mostly Polumbus).

One other thing, Manning acually threw 28 interceptions in his rookie season, yet he showed promise, and that Colts team finished the season with an 3-13 record, with a surely similar weak schedule... Just saying.

Peyton had one of the strongest schedules in the league that year and played in by far the NFL's strongest division at the time. Also Peyton was a top 10 TD thrower in a league that was less friendly to passing than now. Granted, he probably had a stronger line seeing he only took 22 sacks.

Andrew Luck may be the next Peyton Manning.

But right now...Andrew Luck is the next Sexy Rexy on the Bears!

Except for the fact that the Bears had enough talent at other positions for a deep run in the playoffs and even a SB berth. The Colts, not so much. If their games against the Bears and Pats are any indication (and they likely are), the Colts will make the playoffs, play Baltimore or Denver away, and get stomped all over unceremoniously.

Also, while the thread title alludes to race, I'm not making any distinction based on it, seriously, looking at his INTs he is the spitting image of Grossman last year.

Colts are cute with their fluke 9-4 record, with 6 of those 9 wins being against teams that are under .500

I cant' WAIT until next year when they get a tougher schedule (hopefully) and see what Lucky Luck does then.

Can you imagine if Luck had to play the Redskins schedule this year?! 9-4 my ass...

Um, Dude. Did you read the original post in this thread? This was intended as a satire on all the media analysts and idiotic fans who turn their brains off and just lump RG3 in with Cam Newton, even though they are very different QBs. The title was meant to flip things on its head and show how absurd/idiotic it is to point out Cam's failures as proof that RG3 will also flame out. There was absolutely no intention of inflaming racial tensions; quite the opposite - it was intended to illustrate how mindless, flawed, and lazy an analysis based almost entirely on a stereotype can be. It wasn't even meant as a Luck-bashing thread. How do people not get a comment like "QBs who look like they're Indonesian don't win SBs" is a joke?

I can see racism through any flimsy veneer (or flimsy nightgown).

---------- Post added December-10th-2012 at 09:49 AM ----------

He looks Indonesian? Really?

I already called ICE.

Colts are cute with their fluke 9-4 record, with 6 of those 9 wins being against teams that are under .500

I cant' WAIT until next year when they get a tougher schedule (hopefully) and see what Lucky Luck does then.

Can you imagine if Luck had to play the Redskins schedule this year?! 9-4 my ass...

Ugh, their schedule is cake next year too.

AFC South (twice)

NFC West

AFC West

Most likely Pittsburgh and the Jets.

Archived