Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andrew Luck is the next (insert name of one year wonder/moderately disappointing white QB)

Riggo-toni

He looks Indonesian? Really? Hasn't Luck had 6 come-from-behinds this season? I don't get the need to diminish what he's done, which has been considerable, but haters gonna hate...

Not Luck - Bradford looks Indonesian...or at least Dutch/indo...like Alex Van Halen.

Some people just can't recognize a joke....

Andrew Luck is the next Rex Grossman

This is an interesting comparison. Just for kicks:

The "other" RG3 - 13 GP, 265/458, 57.9% completion rate, 3,151 yards (6.9 YPA), 16 pass TD, 20 INT, 8 fumbles

Luck - 13 GP, 295/537, 54.9% completion rate, 3,792 yards (7.1 YPA), 18 pass TD, 18 INT, 10 fumbles

Luck, by virtue of his higher volume of passing, is up quite a bit in yards, though with only a 2.9% higher YPA than Grossman. Fumble recoveries are well documented to be based on chance, so I am including total fumbles instead of fumbles lost, and from this we can see that they are both responsible for 28 plays where change of possession occurs or is possible to occur.

I am of course cherry picking and not including Luck's rushing stats here which put him over Grossman in terms of overall utility at the position, and Grossman's stats are from last year when he was a 9 year veteran and Luck is a rookie, but this just paints a picture where it's hilarious to pretend that Luck is some world-beater at the position and should be considered the OROY frontrunner over RG3.

Race is a part of it because only a white QB would get so much love for throwing for less than 55 pct completion rate in the modern NFL, along with a 1:1 TD/INT ratio, more fumbles and someone who generally makes some horrid decisions and is ranked....

#31( !!!!) in the NFL in QB rating and is far below the 'Good' QB tiers with 7.06 YPA. 61 points off his turnovers, including four pick sixes.

Meanwhile #1?

RG3 in YPA and in overall QB rating.

But we still have people talking about a COlts team inspired to play for their sick coach.

Make RG3 white and Andrew Luck black with the same stats and we're not even having this debate.

Sad but true. That does NOT mean that Moon was right about Cam, half his critics were black and were bemoaning his attitude, not necessarily having some struggles.

Luck is getting love because he is winning. Just as RGIII is. I happen to think that RGIII, if he can remain healthy, will be a hall of famer and there is no doubt that he is the most dynamic player in the NFL today. In fact, at this stage in his career, he is the best QB I've ever seen, bar none. And, as a 60 year old man, I've seen a few QB's.

However, to cite race as a reason why Luck is getting love is total crap. I am so sick of hearing this nonsense. So I'm calling bs! As far as Andrew Luck is concerned, he is going to be a great QB because he is a winner. He's not as good as our QB but, for goodness sake, give him some credit. He has led the hapless post Manning Colts to a 9-4 record.

I never had a problem with Andrew Luck until these past few weeks. My problem is that Luck is getting practically all of the credit for these Colts wins, and rightfully some of the credit is deserved but I feel like the media is completely overlooking a lot of things (especially those who think Luck should be ROY over RGIII).

#1. The schedule is ridiculously easy. The Jags (who they lost to) and the Titans are a complete joke. They got to play the Browns, Dolphins, Bills, Jets (who manhandled them) and Lions. Two of their wins, I will give them credit at they did beat winning teams in Packers and Vikings. But, look at their loses. When they played an elite team like the Pats and a great team in Bears, the Colts were manhandled and the other two loses are inexplicable considering they lost to the Jags and Jets. Then the schedule makers have them against Houston for the first time all season coming up and in the last game of the season. Sandwiched inbetween is a game against the putrid Chiefs.

#2. Andrew Luck gets credit for the most GW drives by a rookie QB but, no one ever considers a lot of times he puts the Colts in those situations to begin with. Luck has 18 INTs this season, including two more against the Titans. One of them was a pick 6. Last week against the Lions, he threw awful passes leading to INTs. A lot of these GW drives are drives where Luck has to dig his team out from under his own mistakes.

Luck will find out very quickly in the first round of the playoffs, when he is playing the best of the best (perhaps the Broncos and Peyton Manning), that he cannot continue to turn the ball over and complete a mere 55% of his passes and win.

Ugh, their schedule is cake next year too.

AFC South (twice)

NFC West

AFC West

Most likely Pittsburgh and the Jets.

NFC West is no cakewalk. They could lose to any team in that division. San Fran, Seattle, and St Louis have heavy hitting D's that would put Luck in the dirt and not bat an eye.

NFC West is no cakewalk. They could lose to any team in that division. San Fran, Seattle, and St Louis have heavy hitting D's that would put Luck in the dirt and not bat an eye.

Also, the NFL is far too unpredictable to try and analyze next years schedule.

A little off topic, but given your comparison to the "Rise and fall" of Cam, has anyone noticed how Cam has been playing the past few weeks in the face of all of the haters? (Still would take RGIII over Cam any day of the week, but perhaps the "Cam has fallen" rhetoric is a bit overblown as well.)

People who were eager to call Cam a bust BEFORE his rookie year, were eager to say "I told you so" once he had a bit of a sophomore slump. In reality, though, he hasn't been nearly as terrible as people made it seem.

For those of you still confused by this thread, the objective is not to provide solid statistical and film analysis - that smacks of elitism. The point here is to think like a high paid talking head/journalist, and pull analogies out of your tuckus that provide the simplistic gratification that the average Raiders fan could believe and appreciate. Let me provide another indisputable example.

Andrew Luck is the next Ryan Fitzpatrick. Fitzpatrick took over a horrifically pathetic team and made them champions of September. Ultimately, though, Fitzpatrick was merely a flash in the pan because he had an Ivy league education. Nobody from Harvard ever won the Super Bowl. Like FitzP, Luck has a elitist (Stanford) education. You can't be that smart and still have the killer instincts to play football. After a season, opposing coaches call in the middle of the night to ask about string theory. Ivy league QBs fall apart after the first time they play the Panthers or the Bengals and start wondering "if the mascot is kept in a box and delivered to the stadium, is it dead or alive before the box opens?" Elway may have gone to Stanford, but it wasn't until repeated blows to the head limited his intelligence enough that he was able to win the big one, and Elway never grew a beard. QBs who grow beards like Luck or Fitz can't win big games - just ask Dan Fouts.

People who were eager to call Cam a bust BEFORE his rookie year, were eager to say "I told you so" once he had a bit of a sophomore slump. In reality, though, he hasn't been nearly as terrible as people made it seem.

Cam has 11 Td's and 0 turnovers in his past 4 games and has been atop the nfl in nearly every passing category. People are ignorant to say he's had a slump b/c of how well he did last year. He was never going to put those types of numbers up again! However, he's been more efficient this year as a passer and runner. People have no idea what they're talkin about.

Cam has 11 Td's and 0 turnovers in his past 4 games and has been atop the nfl in nearly every passing category. People are ignorant to say he's had a slump b/c of how well he did last year. He was never going to put those types of numbers up again! However, he's been more efficient this year as a passer and runner. People have no idea what they're talkin about.

The losses weren't really because of him, it's mainly been the defense letting them down late just like last year, but without his extreme stats, people took the opportunity to blame him.

For those of you still confused by this thread, the objective is not to provide solid statistical and film analysis - that smacks of elitism. The point here is to think like a high paid talking head/journalist, and pull analogies out of your tuckus that provide the simplistic gratification that the average Raiders fan could believe and appreciate.

I understand what you're saying, but I got a chuckle out of the idea that someone doing solid statistical and film analysis is more elitist than the talking heads who spout nonsense and expect their opinions to be taken as truth.

It's hard to not see the race card when you look at the rhetoric that surrounds this issue.

>RGIII plays in a simple gimmick offense

>RGIII makes one read

>RGIII can only scramble

>RGIII doesn't go through progressions

>RGIII is a product of the system

And the list goes on and on. It's been going on for a year. And every athletic black QB goes through it. Look at Cam Newton who people wanted to proclaim a bust the minute he had a tiny sophomore slump.

Meanwhile Andrew Luck throws 3 INTs and 55% and the excuses roll in - he's "making tougher throws", "he's reading defenses", "he has nothing around him", "he's a winner and clutch".

Also, people are annoyed at Luck because of the ridiculous amount of hype for a QB playing terribly by any standard because he makes a good story, whose fans make ridiculous excuses as to why he's a top 10 QB despite being one of the worst QBs in the NFL statistically, and who the media praises as a "winner" and "clutch" ignoring the terrible play that makes the clutch play necessary. Granted, he'd play better with an offensive scheme that isn't about forcing deep passes to covered WRs every play, but whatever.

Dude, RG3 is WAAAY more hyped than Luck. Bigger endorsement deals, attention, etc. The only thing I see Luck getting more "love" on is probably NFL Network, and most of those talking heads are idiots anyway.

Pay no heed to whatever "Luck hype" you're hearing.

Archived