Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why is Aldrick Robinson not being used more?

redskins4ever28

I think we have the luxury of being able to rotate our 5 WRs (Garcon, Hankerson, Morgan, Moss, and Robinson), our 2 TEs (Paulsen and Paul), our 2 RBs (Morris and Royster), and our FB (Young) into the game based on the circumstances. That's 10 offensive players not named Griffin who have proven that they will step up and make a play if called upon. That's a nightmare for a defense. Robinson might put up more numbers if he was used differently, but there's no reason to do so at this point.

I agree with you on everything except Morris and Royster. It's such a drop off when Royster gets in the game.

And on Robinson. He is basically this year's Armstrong, so I wouldn't call him "special". He should just replace Banks on returns though. He's faster than him and doesn't have Randal El-itis.

I think the opening statement made in the topic was jumping the gun a bit (no disrespect). Every game is different and this game we used more of the run game and pa passes over the middle. Also mixed in with the option. Teams will determine weather or not the want to give up the deep ball by how they play their safeties. Robinson will get more and more opportunities as the week goes on but as we have seen with this O... its a new guy every week. Moss has 7 touchdowns but he didnt make a peep in this past game.

I agree with the other posters, I think he needs to polish his other routes. I havent observed his blocking ability but I have to imagine hankerson, morgan, and garcon all block better, probably moss too.

Like others said, I think when he is in the game they kinda know why he is there. Luckily its still effective at least since they know they better back up big time if they dont want to get roasted

Not trying to sound like Im complaining about anything, but seriously, this kid is special yet hes not in the game much? Id rather have him in there than Hank, and I like Hank, I just think Robinsons speed is so incredible. Maybe he isnt the best blocker but seriously, get him in there, even if its to have him streak a few times a quarter!

You don't go deep much against a 2 high look. You run (meaning you DO want your best blockers) or try to hit under patterns which usually means you want the bigger, stronger guys.

I agree with you on everything except Morris and Royster. It's such a drop off when Royster gets in the game.

And on Robinson. He is basically this year's Armstrong, so I wouldn't call him "special". He should just replace Banks on returns though. He's faster than him and doesn't have Randal El-itis.

I didn't call any of those guys special, but we have 9-10 guys who have proven that they can make plays for us when called upon. We've had playoff teams with far fewer weapons.

I think Aldrick is right where we want him to be. He's developing nicely and plays well when given the opportunity. I think we went with Hankerson and Morgan more the other night because they are better blockers, and Hank was blocking his tail off all night long.

Aldrick is just fine. He's a burner, trying to add more to his game. Kyle and Shanny are bringing him along and Aldrick is putting in work to get better. He will be a solid WR for us...which is a steal considering his draft position.

It seems Aldrick Robinson is one of those "if everything goes right on this play...." type of WRs. He is sent out on deep routes down the field, and RGIII probably looks his way first for the big completion, but if the safeties don't bite on the fake, or option or whatever, they will be back there with Robinson taking away that option.

Garcon is definitely the "can get open anywhere on the field regardless of the situation" WR of this team.

It seems Aldrick Robinson is one of those "if everything goes right on this play...." type of WRs. He is sent out on deep routes down the field, and RGIII probably looks his way first for the big completion, but if the safeties don't bite on the fake, or option or whatever, they will be back there with Robinson taking away that option.

Agree 100%. Well articulated. However, I'm starting to think more and more he's not living up to his ability because Banks is really wasting a roster spot and a role that Aldrick should be filling. However, if you think about it, Shanahan's probably still having nightmares of his fumbles 2 pre-seasons ago and Banks seems to be very secure with the football.

• 3 weeks later...

Brees was throwing into the center of the field all day long yesterday as it was wide open, even the announcers commented on it. (In my defense for watching that game over the Redskins, I'm in Austin and it was the only way to get Redskins news and scope out the Cowboys for next week.) Our OL needs to give Robert more time in the pocket, because that's were Robert will be. Hopefully Ware will be sidelined, he looked pretty banged up yesterday.

Also, the Cowboys are so inconsistent, they count on their handful of big plays being successful, so we have to stop that.

Without doubt, Robinson has a future on this team. Hopefully, a great future.

We have the luxury of having 4 receivers with 500+ yards for what, the first time in a decade, a top notch TE in Fred Davis waiting in the wings.....There is only some many passes to go around.

He'll get his share one day.

Archived