Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why is Aldrick Robinson not being used more?

redskins4ever28

Brees was throwing into the center of the field all day long yesterday as it was wide open, even the announcers commented on it. (In my defense for watching that game over the Redskins, I'm in Austin and it was the only way to get Redskins news and scope out the Cowboys for next week.) Our OL needs to give Robert more time in the pocket, because that's were Robert will be. Hopefully Ware will be sidelined, he looked pretty banged up yesterday.

Also, the Cowboys are so inconsistent, they count on their handful of big plays being successful, so we have to stop that.

The problem is we are absolutely terrible about giving up huge plays. We give up so many.

Hopefully Aldrick can work his magic next week like he did on Thanksgiving.

Its homerism, the coachs see what happens in practice and on tape and if he isnt getting play time then i trust their decision. We are a run first team and who would you rather have throwing blocks down field hankerson or robinson? There have been countless similar threads for malcolm kelly, devin thomas, anthony armstrong and after they are released they cant even make it as a 5th receiver on any other team.

Robinson is not yet valuable enough to see consistent playing time on the field. Right now he is a "one trick pony", go deep. This offense succeeds best with physical Wr's who can not only make tough catches over the middle, but importantly block down field. His contributions this season been great and would't doubt he makes another big play in the near future, hopefully next week.

Its homerism, the coachs see what happens in practice and on tape and if he isnt getting play time then i trust their decision. We are a run first team and who would you rather have throwing blocks down field hankerson or robinson? There have been countless similar threads for malcolm kelly, devin thomas, anthony armstrong and after they are released they cant even make it as a 5th receiver on any other team.

Devin Thomas and Anthony Armstrong both made teams after being released by Washington. Armstrong played for Miami and Dallas this season. Thomas was a big part of the playoff run (as a special teamer) for the Giants and then elected to retire after signing with Chicago.

Devin Thomas and Anthony Armstrong both made teams after being released by Washington. Armstrong played for Miami and Dallas this season. Thomas was a big part of the playoff run (as a special teamer) for the Giants and then elected to retire after signing with Chicago.

Armstrong isn't in the league right now (I like him though and hope he finds a spot, and devin Thomas retiring is code for no one wants me, so I'll make it look like it was my decision lol.

Robinson is not yet valuable enough to see consistent playing time on the field. Right now he is a "one trick pony", go deep. This offense succeeds best with physical Wr's who can not only make tough catches over the middle, but importantly block down field. His contributions this season been great and would't doubt he makes another big play in the near future, hopefully next week.

Cannot say he is a one trick pony because Robinson made possession catches in the NO game.

Armstrong isn't in the league right now (I like him though and hope he finds a spot, and devin Thomas retiring is code for no one wants me, so I'll make it look like it was my decision lol.

The best part was he retired to help kids dreams come true and coach. A month later he unretired, what a joke he is.

They definately need to get him involved more in the gameplan this week as his biggest asset to this team is his speed. When we run the read option he could fill in the role vacated by banks and can be used on quick slants, deep routes, and reverses. He would definately open up things for Morris and the running game. He needs to play this week.

I think right now he is a situational receiver. If I know Shannahan that won't change until his blocking improves. Shanny is a stickler for blocking receivers.

And that is why our run game is so successful. Our WR's make blocks, and the TE's as well. No wonder Paul has hung on, he can block well. AR needs to put on 10lb.'s without slowing down and improve his burst off the line. I love the guy for his catching ability but it seems you are right, he needs to improve.

I vote no on the quick slant. We have lots of big receivers to throw that to over Aldrick.

And there should be plenty of times when teams know we will pass. I would like to see Aldrick get a few reps when he need not be a blocker first. Dallas will be looking for him. Lets make him a deep decoy at least to clear out underneath. I bet they dont want to see him on the field.

Our depth is at WR so I would like us to go 4 wide a little more.

We should continue to play what has allowed the Skins to be supremely successful on offense, by using the pistol and big personnel. Mixing in Robinson or Moss (which they already do in all games) isn't a bad idea, but shouldn't be a large part of the Skins' offense.

+1 on pulling out no huddle on Dallas!

We haven't used it all year. I imagine there are not many teams besides us. Dallas's weakness is their defense so I would like to see them attacked in every way possible. If we can run a 2 minute drill, we can run no huddle. It's easier than the 2 minute drill, since you dont have to worry about the clock.

Back on topic, if we have no intention of using him on offense, perhaps it would be nice to get Robinson involved in the return game, maybe a reverse.

He is the heir apparent to Moss, IMO.

If Moss is still on this team, I see no reason to usurp him from his role in the slot. He has proved he is reliable in critical situations and one of the best route runners and leaders on this team. Until Moss retires, 'lil A is gonna have to wait.

+1 on pulling out no huddle on Dallas!

We haven't used it all year. I imagine there are not many teams besides us. Dallas's weakness is their defense so I would like to see them attacked in every way possible. If we can run a 2 minute drill, we can run no huddle. It's easier than the 2 minute drill, since you dont have to worry about the clock.

Over on the Cowboys' board, they think they're going to use it on us. Hope our D's ready if it's a legit possibility.

Archived