Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why is Aldrick Robinson not being used more?

redskins4ever28

Robinson needs to be a more complete receiver to see more time on the field. If it not a go route, his routes aren't as crisp as Moss, Morgan, and Garçon. Let us not forget that drops the tight spirals RG3 throws between defenders. It's easy to catch a pass when you've burned the secondary by 10-15 yards.

• 3 months later...

I feel Aldrick should hire some former WR as his coach, either an Art Mont, Gary Clark, Henry Ellard (especially him) or James Lofton, Jermaine Crowell to team him how to run other routes, and make himself more versatile as a WR. The more he can stay on the field, the more problems he can cause, Troy Aikman said it best in the thanksgiving game vs Dallas , "How could he have slipped to the 6th round?"

As a wr who played d-1 imo the reason he's probably not on the field as much is he doesn't know his position like he should. Most wr not in a option run based system know how to run routes the problem is when you don't know your plays you can't run them with confidence an the timing suffers which causes the wr to look lost, run into coverage or run wrong route. Its up to the coaches an aldrick to learn the plays, run the right depth on routes an read the coverages corectly at the line so he knows which route he has to run when the ball is snapped...I think we will see a more confident aldrick this season an if not he will be released, its up to him we'll see...

Well, we've got this guy named Banks on the roster who he can't seem to pass on the depth chart.

Now that is alarming. Shanny has given Banks almost every opportunity possible to shine. It's like he does just enough to stay on the squad. I think he's smaller than Hall from KC but possibly even faster. After the league caught on to him he faded quick. Same as Hester, no one ki ka to him at all any more.

As a wr who played d-1 imo the reason he's probably not on the field as much is he doesn't know his position like he should. Most wr not in a option run based system know how to run routes the problem is when you don't know your plays you can't run them with confidence an the timing suffers which causes the wr to look lost, run into coverage or run wrong route. Its up to the coaches an aldrick to learn the plays, run the right depth on routes an read the coverages corectly at the line so he knows which route he has to run when the ball is snapped...I think we will see a more confident aldrick this season an if not he will be released, its up to him we'll see...

ahh idk I would hate for them to even think to release him.. Aldrick has a lot of potential and I really thought after those 2 deep bombs he caught it would shed some light but its a learning process and think he can make major strides this year.

This probably has something to do with it, but also his down field blocking needs to be better. Shannahan is a stickler for his receivers blocking.

I've heard about the blocking issues -- the WRs being good blockers are critical in this system. Getting a complete WR who is a deep threat perhaps is an option in this draft? Hankerson doesn't seem to be much of a deep threat. Garcon has the speed but isn't really used in that role, also read he had lots of drops going deep with the Colts. Moss is getting up there in age. Morgan seems more of a short yardage YAC guy. RG III was magic with the deep ball in Baylor -- I doubt we get him considering our other needs early in the draft but T. Williams would be interesting.

As others have said Robinson is not a complete WR at this point. He runs very poor routes outside the "go" and deep post not to mention the fact that he is a pretty poor blocker. He needs to get better getting out of his breaks on shorter routes. When he runs those shorter routes he goes from a 4.3 guy to a 4.6 guy due to poor route running/precision. Hopefully he works on his craft some more and can contribute more than an occasional bomb/decoy guy. Early on next year he can have some success since teams almost exlusively play him to go deep he could find success on those dig, in, and out routes. Only time will tell.

Archived