Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My first Game - Share your memories.

757SeanTaylor21

August 16, 1992. Wembley Stadium, North London, England.

Pre-season American Bowl match-up between your World Champion Washington Redskins, and the other team of the '80's, the San Francisco 49ers. 61K or so in attendance, including an excited as all heck 17 year old GHH. 'Skins lead 12-0 at the half, fell behind 12-14, went back up 15-14 in the closing minutes through a long Chip FG. Then lost 17-15 in the dying seconds through a long '9ers FG.

But I wasn't bothered a bit as I got to see Ryp complete a long bomb to my childhood hero Gary Clark before Coach pulled them in the first qtr. I was in the same stadium as Coach Gibbs. Awesomely magnificent in itself. And I got to see the hang over from my favourite ever Redskins team, the '91 version, in one of, if not the most iconic sporting venue in the World.

Happy days indeed.

Hail.

*Edit* Oh yeah, that Steve Young dude could play a bit too.

Mine was vs. the Jets at RFK circa 93 or 94. Jets won 3-0. Yep.

First game at Fedex was 41-35 vs. Cowboys (Rocket Ismail). Yep.

Oh, what a small world! I still remember that game. Me and my son ( back then he was just a little boy), it was our first game ever. It was rainy and cold. With a few seconds left, the Jets kicked the field goal and won that game 3-0. What a broken hearted.

I attended my first game in 2007. It was against the Lions.....HOT as Hades...the tickets I got courtesy of a member of this board (Chipwich<<----forever in his debt..)...a co-worker of mine attended w/me b/c I had no clue how to get there and she is from MD...we attended the Extremeskins tailgate...had a blast there..met some really cook folks..I felt like I was at home..I took tons of pics and yes, I got to see Sean Taylor play...it was an experience to say the least ..he was hyped..I remember when we ran on the field..he was already taunting one of the Lions players then..pointin his finger and shakin his head like he was saying.."yeah I'm gonna be comin after you"...We sat in section 118 on the visitors side...it was so hot we had to take breaks inside the concourse in order to keep from passing out...I got so many great pics of him that day...less than a month later he was gone..I couldn't believe it...so thanks to the kindness of a member here I witnessed greatness on that field that day..I am so thankful I got to see ST play live! And if you thought he was special after watching him on TV you should've seen him live! WOW! Here's one of the pics I took of him that day...we spanked that arse that day..lol!! I will never forget this day!!

STDetroit-1.jpg

Hopefully I remembered how to post pics here...LOL..I haven't done that in quite some time...

1982- Strike Year. RFK. Upper Deck, I was 14 years old and my great aunt was sick so my great uncle called me to go to the game. Cold and rainy about 50 degrees. He brought 2 themoses, one with coffee and one with hot chocolate. Redskins beat the Eagles 13-9. Charlie Brown caught a long TD pass and the Eagles missed an extra point or could have tried to tie it at the end. Sloppy game on both sides.

1997- At Fed Ex- Again, raining (I always seem to get weather), Testeverde and the Ravens beat us 20-17. Not only was it raining, but the light stanchon kept water practically running down on us. We had a stupid Ravens fan that kept blowing a "duck call." Dumbass couldn't even get the right bird call. By the 3rd quarter, we were soaked and miserable and my Mom threatened to shove the duck call down his throat and he stopped blowing it.

Although I have no memory of it, my first game was a 27-10 Skins win over the St. Louis Cardinals at RFK in 1985. I was 6 months old. The Skins would go on to finish 10-6 that year but miss the playoffs.

I was at that game. We scored tickets from the woman my mom babysat for. They couldn't go and gave them to us. We were underneath the upper deck in the lower deck near the big clock and budweiser sign. Monday Night Football.

I attended my first game in 2007. It was against the Lions.....HOT as Hades...

Speaking of HOT games... does anyone remember the home opener a few years ago (maybe '08 or '09) against the Dolphins? My brother and I were in the upper level and I thought I was going to die... literally haha.

First game was in 1961 at what was the brand new DC Stadium against the Eagles. I was 7. Parents and I walked to the ticket window and paid $6.00 a ticket about an hour and a half before the game. Rookie sensation Norman Snead threw a TD with a little more than a minute to go and pandemonium ensued. Eagles QB Sonny Jurgensen threw a TD of his own with seconds left to give the Redskins one of 11 losses that year!

My first game was in 1999 against the Bears. Skins went ahead 45-0 in the 3rd quarter, highlighted by Dan Wilkinson's 88 yard interception return for a TD in the 1st quarter. Just absolutely an amazing time.

This was my first game ever too! even at 10 years old I have trouble remember anything about that game but the one thing I do remember is that INT.

First game for me was at Fed Ex against the Titans. I believe it was a Halloween night game, and probably late 90's or early 2000's. I remember Samari Rolle returned a pick 6 right as the first half expired and it was down hill from there.

First game I vividly remember was against the Vikings at FedEx, when Randy Moss left the field with like 30 seconds left on the clock haha

October 13, 1997, Jack Kent Cooke Stadium, Raljon, md

I sat in section 104, row 1, seat 14

Dallas Cowboys visit the Washington Redskins for the first monday night football game in the new stadium.

Redskins won the game 21-16!

It was by far the most exciting night of my life. I was giddy like a school girl for weeks before the game and was nearly unbearable on game day.

Emmitt Smith ran out of bounds right in front of me and I cursed him with everything I had in my body.

Highlight of the game was Leslie Shepard grabbing a 48 yard bomb right in front of me.

I don't think I will ever lose this memory. The only Redskins memory that come close is the playoff game vs. the Lions.

First live Redskins game ever was a preseason game at RFK against the Steelers in the mid-70s.

First regular season game was the 1982 opener against Philly at the Vet. Sat in the lower endzone, Eagles were ahead 27-14 after three, Skins came back to go ahead but then the Eagles did the same, but Moseley nailed a long FG at the gun to send it to OT, and then won it. Exciting start to a season that, although interrupted by a two-month strike, turned out to be a magic carpet ride.

First game at RFK was 1986 against the Giants. Sat in the upper deck end zone. Both teams 11-2, but the Giants controlled us that day 24-14. Even after we beat Chicago in the playoffs, had no confidence we were going to beat NY in the NFCCG, especially after they beat San Fran 49-3.

First JKC/FedEx game was in 1997 against the Jags, which we won. Flew back from Hawaii the day before. Have been to at least 90 percent of the other games at FedEx since.

October 12, 1992, just after my 12th birthday.

The Redskins easily handled the Denver Broncos on Monday Night Football. The highlight of the game came at the end when Art Monk caught 3 straight passes to (at the time) break Steve Largent's alltime career mark for receptions. I was sitting in the endzone (above the Budweiser sign) in a tiny section that was below the upper deck (the M- sections). At some point the people who designed RFK realized that entire piece of concourse looked over the field and they added what was basically 5-10 rows of bleachers with a metal wall separating it from the concourse. Anyways, we were sitting against that wall and my ears were ringing the whole game because people sitting in our row were pounding on the wall to make noise.

Archived