Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My first Game - Share your memories.

757SeanTaylor21

Mine was some time in the 1980's. 'Skins vs. Eagles at RFK. Upper deck. We pounded them. I don't know the exact year. I was probably about 7 or 8 years old.

Then I took a hiatus. I started scratching up money here and there, and started going to a game or two per year starting in 1992. I went to about 18 in a row where I saw them lose. I contemplated not going to the 'Skins vs. Detroit playoff game, just because I could be bad luck. But, I thought, with our history, that might be the only playoff game at home for a while, so I went. And we won!

Then I went to a number of other regular season games, and they lost all of them. I think the next game I saw them win was the home opener in 2007, my first year as a season ticket holder, when Gibbs went for a 40 yard FG on 1st down in OT.

Been to many since, haven't seen a lot of wins, gave up my season tickets after the 2010 season after getting rogered by the ticket office twice. Now I just go to the games I want to.

Mine was vs. the Jets at RFK circa 93 or 94. Jets won 3-0. Yep.

First game at Fedex was 41-35 vs. Cowboys (Rocket Ismail). Yep.

I don't know if I would ever go back if I went to the 3-0 loss to the Jets. I remember watching it on TV, and being so mad that I threw a remote against a wall.

I can STILL see Ismail running down the middle of the field in that Dallas loss. I think that might have been the hardest loss to swallow of my life.

My first game was in 1999 against the Bears. Skins went ahead 45-0 in the 3rd quarter, highlighted by Dan Wilkinson's 88 yard interception return for a TD in the 1st quarter. Just absolutely an amazing time.

That '99 team was pretty good. If it wasn't for a really really amazing bounce on a fumble in TB, when the QB fumbled the ball and it bounced right back to him, they might have been in the NFC Championship game. We forget that season sometimes, it was a pretty good season.

First game: 2007 Giants @ Redskins (the Lombardi uniform throwback day).

Skins got out to a good lead at half, then fell apart in the second half. Game ended on two Ladell Betts goal line runs that got stuffed.

Second game: 2010 Texans @ Redskins

Skins actually looked pretty good, only to blow the game at the end because Doughty was covering Andre Johnson. :doh:

Was at both of those games. My memory of the first were 3 things: 1. Yelling, somewhere at the 8 minute mark of the second half that the 'Skins had gotten their first 1st down of the second half. 2. Riggins saying on the radio that the 2 Betts runs looked a whole lot like "70 Chip" and 3. McD5 trying to figure out how to defend Betts for WEEKS after 2 failed goal line attempts, with Portis standing on the sideline.

For personal reasons, I wish that I had never gone to that Texans game.

Outside of SHF's brilliant thread on the Giants B/S, I do believe this is my favourite thread of the year.

Loving reading everyone's personal experiences.

Hail.

How long do you have to keep that damn sig?

I agree, great thread. Lots of fun to read.

Outside of SHF's brilliant thread on the Giants B/S, I do believe this is my favourite thread of the year.

Loving reading everyone's personal experiences.

Hail.

Thank you, thank you. I enjoy reading everybody's first experiences. I'm so stoked. This girl that's a cowboys fan made a bet with me if redskins win I get a rg3 jersey and a massage and if we lose I owe her a pair of boots and a massage. Lol WE BETTER WIN!

Opening game for the 1991 season... beating Detroit 45-0.... we acually scored another TD, but accepted the penalty to negate the TD and kneeled in the red zone to run out the clock... a sign of things to come that year... RFK shook and their were chants of "We Want Dallas"

It was Simply... Electrifying....

First game was at Texas Stadium and we lost, I don't remember the score or anything about the game except my Dad told me that I almost got in a fight with another little tyke my age at the time, which was about 7.

What I consider to be my first game, since I remember it, was at Fed Ex against Green Bay 2 years ago, with McNabb during Shanny first year. I'll Never for get the bomb Anthony Armstrong caught for a TD right below us, and The sound of a Mason Crosby field goal hitting the upright to send us into OT. We Won that game thanks to a LaRon Landry pick and a Gano field goal... it was awesome.

Also went to the Saints game this year and I don't think I need to describe how great that was with RG3 first TD pass being to #88 for 88 yards and him being #10 and we scored 10 points a quarter.

Love going to the games as long as they are not here in Dallas

and The sound of a Mason Crosby field goal hitting the upright to send us into OT. We Won that game thanks to a LaRon Landry pick and a Gano field goal... it was awesome.

Ah, that sound. That was a great game... I brought a Packers fan with me to that game (my old boss, no less) and we were about halfway down the upper level stairs waiting for the kick to go through. We sat down in the isle next to a couple of Skins fans and when the ball hit the upright this older guy looked at me, grabbed my arm and said, "Get your ass back up there young man" as he pointed to my seat. I laughed and said "yes sir."

Great game.

1987 vs. Jets. It was the first game back for the regular players after a 4-week/3-game strike. The Skins were sitting at 4-1 thanks to their scabs running the table. I was a wide-eyed 10-year old and EVERYTHING seemed magical. Seeing the stadium in front of me as we came off the Metro (Hell, riding the Metro), giving the guy my ticket, keeping the stub, seeing the field and the REDSKINS painted in the end zone. It. Was. Incredible.

But, it soon became unbearable as we looked pretty bad and rusty on offense. Our defense was crazy and all over the place but the passing game was out of sorts. We finally broke through with a Schroeder to Clark TD but were eventually trailing 16-7 in the 4th quarter. We really had no life, but finally put together another drive that ended in a Bryant TD to bring us within 2. Then, we marched down the field and looked like we were going to score another TD, but we bogged down and had to settle for a short FG to give us a 17-16 lead. The place went nuts and I was high-fiving and hugging grown men that I had never met before. Our defense had to hold off one last drive (the Jets actually attempted a very long FG, but it wasn't even close) and we got the W!

Amazing experience and I love that, in hindsight, I was there for a couple key things. I was there to welcome back the real players (even though the crowd started a chant about wanting the scabs back at some point in the 3rd quarter) and I was there during a Super Bowl year. Awesome!

• 3 weeks later...
Ah, that sound. That was a great game... I brought a Packers fan with me to that game (my old boss, no less) and we were about halfway down the upper level stairs waiting for the kick to go through. We sat down in the isle next to a couple of Skins fans and when the ball hit the upright this older guy looked at me, grabbed my arm and said, "Get your ass back up there young man" as he pointed to my seat. I laughed and said "yes sir."

Great game.

LOL!!! that was a great game to go to

Archived