Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My first Game - Share your memories.

757SeanTaylor21

I have been a long life fan, born and raised into the burgundy and gold family. My dad instilled it into me as a young lad growing up. There were some chances I had earlier in life attending a game, but through life situations they never manifested.

Sean Taylor was my favorite player, and I was so exciting watching him play every Sunday. I never had the chance to see him play live. The best chance I had was when I was living in Seattle, and in 2007 he passed away earlier that year, which brought a grown man to tears in bed once finding out the news. My favorite player just gone, that fast. I started watching many highlight videos, still shedding tears throughout my time in Seattle, and truth be told i'm still not over it.

Truth be told, outside of watching Sean Taylor play live, I really wasn't interested in seeing a game personally. We had been an abysmal team for all I can remember, so why would i want to waste my hard earned dollars on a team that fielded such terrible results? After his passing and when we went on that memorable run, I was proud of my team of coming through and when I was gonna go to the 2007 playoff game, my job wouldn't give me off. So there I was listening to it on the radio, at work and I remember the kickoff that we so happened to get. And then we choked and all I could do was flail my arms up saying theres the redskins I know! After 2007 when Gibbs left, and the Zorn era was dawned, everything went on a massive mudslide. The 6-2 start false advertisement had us thinking we were prime for some real estate, but we saw how fast that turned. And year after year after that, my urge to see the team play live has slid down faster than an avalanche. Every Sunday I went through the motion: church, tv on, watch us get embarrassed, shrug my shoulders, turn tv off and carry on about my business.

Insert 2010, when I started paying college football some attention. This kid out of Baylor just caught my attention, more than a Vick. He flung the ball downfield, he outran defenders and had a sick spin move, but most importantly he didn't take off every play. I started to sit in a little closer to his games, watching how he played and honestly it was like no other qb I have seen. The accuracy all over the field, the play fakes, he just amazed me. After being high from his play, watching Donovan Mcnabb just totally brought me back down to a valley of negativity. How come this kid playing college makes me happier than watching my own team? I started telling folks to watch out for this qb, he is gonna make some noise. Donovan Mcnabb fails, and 2011 we pass on gabbert thank God!

I had no hopes in 2011, and barely even cared to watch a game honestly. Even after that giant whooping we put on the shorties I didn't care. Robert Griffin III played on Saturdays and that was what I looked forward to. A few of my friends asked me who did I want in this draft 2012 and I said, "If he comes out, I would be ok with selling the farm for Griffin! I WANT GRIFFIN!" "Who?! He sucks, hes a bum, etc" was their response, and I started smiling and said good, let him go under the radar. Unfortunately, that didn't happen as we all know he set the college world on fire. Next thing you know, friends of mine were calling me saying "Ok I lied, that qb is NASTY! He throws it everywhere, is fast, wow!" As the college year went on and we started John Beck and smh, lol those three games was the lowest I ever been. I was ok with "Whiffin for Griffin", and i started to pay attention to LL, Tk more often than usual and when the report came out that we ad Griffin over Luck my head started to hurt from:beavisnbutthead:. Then, Griffin declared. :D:D:D:DI started wishing that we would lose out, or rams would get number 2 pick and sure enough that came to fruition. Then, it was a bidding contest and I didn't care how we got the 2 pick, but as long as we got it i'd be happy. We did what it took, and next thing you know my happiness as a fan came right back to life! Now, I want to see a game live again!

A buddy of mine that is like my little brother that is in the Air force came back to Va to visit for Thanksgiving. About a month ago, He calls me and says "I leave Dec 4th, If i bought us a ticket to the redskins game on MNF, we split gas, would you drive?" A breath didn't even need to be taken for me to respond to that question, and redskins nation here it is. I had been waiting 25 years for this time. RG3 has united this fanbase that has been itching for SOME type of success now after 2 decades has past. We have hope. We have power. We have HIGH VOLTAGE ELECTRICITY! We can score at ANY POINT of the game. I haven't been confident to say that since...never! This is my first game, I will represent for my family and yell as loud as I can, I will hold a poster up for my brother in prison to hopefully see me! I will be attending my first game, this monday night!

What was your first game story like?

First game ever: Skins vs. NY Giants in 1978 at RFK...cold as hell. Skins won...

First Game at FedEx: Oct 2002 vs. New Orleans- Patrick Ramsey's first start. They got pounded.

It was during the whole DC Sniper thing - we stayed in Rockville, right down the street from the gas station where someone was shot. That was crazy.

lmbo I remember Rocket Ismail. But I WISH I had the chance to go to a game at RFK Stadium. I have pictures of my dad at a game there. I can only imagine how crazy it was.

^ don't be envious brother! Your time will come when you will see the redskins play I'm sure of it! My friend surprised me with the ticket pretty much because he is not even a redskins fan! He is a 49ers fan. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be going lol

First game ever: Redskins loss to the Eagles (I think it was 89?) when we were running out the clock and then fumbled the ball... and then the forward latteral... and then Cunningham... and then my Uncle got arrested for fighting with an Eagles fan (but was let go with a warning on the spot). This game made me hate Philly and their fans. That guy was a douche the whole game.

First game at FedEx was 2007 against the Cowboys. I'd had tickets since 2005 but was either in Alaska or Iraq, so this was sweet to be able to go to this game after a long deployment and the playoffs on the line. It was the largest crowd ever at FedEx and it took every bit of 3hrs to pull out of my parking spot after the game, lol. I loved it.

---------- Post added November-30th-2012 at 01:19 PM ----------

Crushed the Browns in 1991. Super Bowl season.

Free last minute tickets. Rocking good time.

Ride in and out was abysmal.

Not at RFK? You were magically in your driveway within 10 minutes of a win!

I forget the year and the date but my first game I remember Tiki Barber ran wild on us but even though we lost, the highlight of that night was meeting many of my favorite players and meeting and getting an autograph from Sean Taylor. I actually got to tell him how great I though he was and how I felt him not going to the pro bowl was a snub. He wasn't concerned with any of that all he cared about was winning and seemed really frustrated that we lost the game. Since then everytime I've been to a game in which we played the Giants we've lost. So I think I'll be watching from home Monday Night.

'81 at RFK vs. New England(worst team in the league that year) I was only 7 at the time so I don't remember much except that the skins won. My family had season tickets during Gibbs I, so I was blessed to see many great games at old RFK. Some of the best memories of my life! Enjoy your first game. HTTR!

I will go with the first one that I remember vividly. I was 11, it was MNF vs. the Cowboys, Randall Cunningham threw for a 76 yard TD, Brad Johnson fumbled on the next drive giving the Cowboys another TD on a short field from Emmit Smith, Ismail caught a 44 yarder and the Cowboys scored quickly after that in the 3rd. They grabbed a couple field goals and we never successfully took back the lead.

We were driving late in the 4th and Johnson got picked, giving Dallas a FG to build a 6 point lead. On our next possession we gave up two major sacks of Brad Johnson and also had a 12 men on the field penalty go against us to end the game. I was wearing my grandfather's old Redskins sweatshirt and some drunk idiot Redskins fan spilled almost an entire beer down my back. My favorite sweatshirt never smelled the same again and I left the game heartbroken and angry. Randall ****ing Cunningham. It was two big plays, we just kept punting. It was one of those classic Norv games where we needed 10 yards for a first and we got 9. We needed 6 yards we got 5. I think Johnson threw for over 220 or 230, Davis ran for about 100 and 2 TD's. I don't think Cunningham had more than like 150-180 passing and Emmitt Smith was under 100 on the day and they still beat us.

****ing Norv Turner. I went to games before this one but this was the first where I totally understood 100% of what was happening and remembered it vividly. I was so excited for the game all week and it just ruined everything.

RFK December '92 ... I was 12 and my Dad surprised me the night before with tickets, which ended up being on the bouncing bleachers. I'll never forget it.... we played the Cowboys and won (too bad they went on to win the Super Bowl that year). I think it was also Joe Gibbs' last win at RFK. Pretty cool stuff.

First game: 2007 Giants @ Redskins (the Lombardi uniform throwback day).

Skins got out to a good lead at half, then fell apart in the second half. Game ended on two Ladell Betts goal line runs that got stuffed.

Second game: 2010 Texans @ Redskins

Skins actually looked pretty good, only to blow the game at the end because Doughty was covering Andre Johnson. :doh:

First game: 2007 Giants @ Redskins (the Lombardi uniform throwback day).

Skins got out to a good lead at half, then fell apart in the second half. Game ended on two Ladell Betts goal line runs that got stuffed.

Second game: 2010 Texans @ Redskins

Skins actually looked pretty good, only to blow the game at the end because Doughty was covering Andre Johnson. :doh:

You, sir... must leave at halftime from now on!

Archived