Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Congratulations to RGIII, Only the 3rd Perfect Passing Game in Skins History

Eparadox

Man....... All those arguments I was involved with trying to sell people on Griff. We had people that wanted Barkley and Jones over Griff. The Barkley debates drove me insane that people thought he would be a good pro.

R - G - 3

In all fairness, considering what we HAD [ Rex ] ANYTHING would have been better, but RGIII is impressing everyone around the league, so it makes it that much sweeter...

Of which MANY argued vehemently against to the point of calling those of us that did see the once in a generation special talents of the top two guys fanhood into question for openly wanting loses in a dead season to get our man.

How would all of those guys feel now if we had won more games and had no Robert this and future years? I can but imagine the meltdown without the hope of Grriff under center this year.

Hail.

Well, I think the team tried their hardest to win though. But it was poorly built and performed accordingly. Ya know, Danny Smith's poor blocking schemes on field goals, the Beck debacle, and so on.

---------- Post added November-18th-2012 at 09:05 PM ----------

That TD catch by Moss was a thing of beauty. Adjust for the ball and take it away from two defenders. Then drag one of them into the end zone. We have gotta figure out a way to get Santana more involved.

To me, it appeared that Santana spun out from the second defender than actually dragging him.

Man....... All those arguments I was involved with trying to sell people on Griff. We had people that wanted Barkley and Jones over Griff. The Barkley debates drove me insane that people thought he would be a good pro.

R - G - 3

I believe Barkley will be a great pro. Ironically he may end up on the Eagles next year.

Let's not go that far. That throw across the field at the end of the first half was a HORRIBLE decision, and the one incompletion could have very easily been a pick. Altogether a great game, but Robert still needs to work on his decision making.

I realize that everybody always have aspects of their game they can improve upon, but Id say Robert is ahead of the curve in his decision making. Just sayin'...

All that said, I get the feeling that Griffin is still reigned in to some degree by the coaches. I wish I could point to something for my comment make sense, but I don't think I can. I was thinking to say that he doesn't throw a lot, comparatively -- but even there he's averaging 29.1 passes per game. It'll be interesting to see what kind of differences we'll see between Griffin as a rookie and Griffin in, say, year four.

I know what you mean, but I just think its simply a case of our receivers not being able to get consistent separation, and it's frustrating as **** to watch!

I realize that everybody always have aspects of their game they can improve upon, but Id say Robert is ahead of the curve in his decision making. Just sayin'...

WAYYYY ahead of the curve.

Even if you took every potentially bad decision Griffin has made and counted it as an INT or fumble or something, his stat line would probably look pretty similar to Andrew Luck's does right now, before including any mistakes Luck made that went Luck's way (the lucky guy....luckluckluckluckluck).

There's room for improvement, but he's much farther down the development path than his peers I believe, which is what makes him so astounding.

All I can say is that Robert is special, and I look forward to watching Redskins games again. Even if we lose, we are seeing a great talent honing his craft. Now if we can get some upgrades on the positions of need the next few years, I think we will be a powerhouse team going into the future. At last, hope reigns in DC!

Never one to complain, but every highlight video on every station is blaming the eagles for RG3's 4 TD's instead of praising the skins. Sick. It's as though they think Brady/Manning/Rodgers never throw to WIDE open WR's for TD's or that WR's on other teams don't out-jump/out-match CB's for tough catches. What gives? Eagles were reeling just as we were. Give credit where credit is due.....

Before today I was drifting along aimlessly... That was a much needed performance for the team and the fans. The way the Skins won it was just sweet too. RG3 has professionalism, leadership, the winning attitude. All the while being a rookie at age 22. The kid had a day and noone deserved it more. Once we build around him , very fun to think what the future of this team holds. I only saw the big plays on Redzone so I missed alot of the game (so annoying), but I cannot wait to catch the replay this week on NFL nework. Great win

HTTR

Of which MANY argued vehemently against to the point of calling those of us that did see the once in a generation special talents of the top two guys fanhood into question for openly wanting loses in a dead season to get our man.

How would all of those guys feel now if we had won more games and had no Robert this and future years? I can but imagine the meltdown without the hope of Grriff under center this year.

Hail.

Here's a thought. We may not have made the trade up if we lost 3 games instead of 5 because of the cost to trade up to the no. 2 spot. We won just enough games to make the trading of 2 1st a 2nd and swapping of 2012 1st rounder worth it. 10 games in And it looks like we got a steal.

Was it a bad pass, or did he realize it was a free play?

In his presser he said he didn't know a flag had been thrown. He threw it up and trusted his receiver to make a play. It might not have been the best decision in the world since Moss was obviously double covered but sometimes you do just have to trust your guys to do their thing. He did that time and was rewarded for it.

Also, I honestly don't see how Luck could be ahead of RG3 for OROY. Robert beats him in every category except passing yards. TD passes (same), INTs, comp %, YPA, QB rating, rushing yards, rushing TDs. This isn't to downplay Luck; he has looked great at times and I think he is going to be a fantastic QB for a long time. But RG3 has been better. The biggest obstacle would be the whole losing record thing.

Yeah, and I finally saw something that Luck did just recently that Robert had not done yet... Force the damn ball downfield, let your guy make a play. That for me, was one of the last pieces of the puzzle.
If you had written that before yesterday I would have said that it was a terrible idea to force throws downfield because we don't have the receivers who can win those jump balls. Who knew that five-eight, 85 year-old Santana Moss still could do that?!

Robert's performance was sensational. I hope we can get the kid a better supporting cast soon. He's so much fun to watch.

I'm thrilled to death with what rg3 has accomplished this year as a rookie but the pass yesterday I was most impressed with was the td to Paulsen. He stepped into it and fired it with authority, I'm really looking forward to seeing more of that.

Too often he throws off his back foot and puts too much air under his throws but he is still a rookie and these things will come with time.

Archived