Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins / Eagles Prediction Thread: A New Beginning

skins island connection

Because Vick is likely out I think the Skins should win this. If Vick plays, Id probably pick Philly.. but I believe that with a bye to get some people healthy this team will come out and play a tad better on both sides of the ball. The skins make it close as usual but get the W.

Skins 24

Eagles 21

I never predict the score of a Redskins game because I could never pick them to lose a game. I have a bad feeling about this game but I really hope that I am wrong. If they don't come out as a team and play truely inspired football after having a week off there is something really wrong with the coaching staff and players on this team. Carolina was a must win game and they blew it. Now this Eagles game in my opinion is a bigger must win game. This division can be had with the Eagles and Cowboys having lots of there own issues and the Giants playing Jeckel and hyde. They must win this game or changes should be made!!!

I think it was already stated somewhere that Foles will be the starter. Vick may not be back the rest of the season at this rate. Foles is clearly not as mobile as Vick, but his decision making also can't be nearly as bad. Vick could be counted on to murder the Eagles chances and **** something up at least twice a game. Foles has a strong arm and the Eagles have fast receivers going against our secondary; I would not be surprised if they score at least once from 50+. If we drop people to account for their speed, McCoy will kill us. We'll have to hope to confuse Foles into a pick or two, and hope that we can exploit their awful O-Line to finally get a few sacks.

Going the other way, I think they still run that Wide-9 scheme with the D-Ends going after the QB at all times, so there should be running lanes for Alfred Morris. Trent Williams should neutralize one of their ends with no issue, probably Babin, but Cole will destroy Polumbus. Hopefully RG3 will see it coming. Their linebackers are capable, more of a strength than they have been in the past, but still middle of the pack. Their safeties aren't very good, though Grossman made Kurt Coleman look all world last year. They have decent corners though Asomugha has not nearly lived up to his hype since signing with Philly. Griffin will scramble a little, and should be able to put up some passing yards. Paulson will be a key on our end, both blocking and leaking out for quick passes.

Somehow, for all our ****ing, our run defense is ranked #8, six spots ahead of Philly at #14. Their pass defense is #12 while we're at #30. Thank God we're not playing a seasoned vet or we might get blown out with those receivers they have. Still, for their total defense being 15 spots higher than ours, they've only given up three points per game fewer, which speaks to Vick's mistakes and plenty of short fields to defend.

In the end, I think it will be close, but I think our run game, both Morris pounding and RG3's occasional scrambles will let us control the clock just enough. RG3's mobility will allow Philly's D-Ends to run themselves out of plays, which should open up out routes and the flats. I think we score first, tack on a field goal, then give up a bomb at some point. In the second half, defensive breakdowns on both sides allow a higher point total. The Skins pull this one out by four points or less. I won't predict the actual score because the only time I've done that was the Giants game and I nailed the score exactly right, so I'm letting that perfection stand for the season.

Rookie QB == the Skins are if I recall 0-8 since 2006 or something like that

Home game in Nov/Dec == Shanny has never won one.

Redskins favorites -- doesn't seem that things go well when we are favorites

The more desperate team -- actually IMO its the Eagles -- as tough as it been during the bye week, things have imploded in Philly even worse.

To me all of this doesn't add well to the Redskins. Eagles 27-Redskins 20.

---------- Post added November-13th-2012 at 11:56 AM ----------

Remember the last game. "When Washington wins, The incumbent President wins, When the team loses, the challenger wins". Didn't happen - We lost both ways! Therefore the jinx is broken. Maybe!

Rookie QB == the Skins are if I recall 0-8 since 2006 or something like that

Home game in Nov/Dec == Shanny has never won one.

Redskins favorites -- doesn't seem that things go well when we are favorites

The more desperate team -- actually IMO its the Eagles -- as tough as it been during the bye week, things have imploded in Philly even worse.

To me all of this doesn't add well to the Redskins. Eagles 27-Redskins 20.

Every thing you just posted is how I feel about this game.

Eagles: 26

Redskins: 21

Not sure if this was said already but this game is an absolute must win. No Vick, No Avant, their offensive line is worse then the Skins Oline if that's possible. We have to take advantage of this. After watching the Colts game and comparing the 2 teams, sure the Colt's stunk last year, now they are 6-3 and we are 3-5. Sure we play in a tough division, but they are finding ways to win. We seem to find ways to lose, ala Cruz's TD in the Giants game. Who here didn't see that coming?? Haslett's D must really shine this game, and we can't let Foles have a career day in passing. If he does, Haslett needs to go, as does the secondary. Every single one of them. On that note....:eaglesuck

Agrees with everything said here. I question our coaching staff when I see the Colts have success so soon with a whole new staff from the GM down. and also their HC suffering with cancer and the assistant HC still wins. what is wrong with our coaches that they can't figure a way to win more after 3 years at the helm? smh HTTR

Don't see how anyone can ever predict us blowing someone out...we haven't in nearly 5 years

Realist Pick: Eagles 17 Redskins 13

Homer Pick: Eagles 17 Redskins 20

Oh, yeah and they still have DeSean Jackson and we are literally are his *******. I'm sure he at least one 70+ yard TD against us at FedEx.

And/or they always have us scoring 35+ points. Aside from the Saints and Bengals game, we haven't been in shootouts all year long.

Archived