Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN Insider:How to stop Robert Griffin III

VeroViper

Of course LeBeau is gonna get some credit. He's the best there is, and people will only look at the stats to confirm his awesomeness.

However, RG3 plays for us every game. I will watch him every game and decide based on my own eyes when RG3 has been stopped. And it hasn't happened yet. :)

I agree with you. The only thing that's stopping RG3 is the WRs not catching the ball. Out of 11 dropped passes, I saw 2, maybe 3 that could be considered uncatchable or RG3's fault. The rest were near perfect passes, right where they needed to be & the receivers just doinked them. Just can't win ball games that way.

That's just it though, they spied on him to slow the option and gave up the passing, this is not Mike Vick, RGIII can wing the damn ball, the WR's just have to catch it.

Definitely. But RG3's run game is undoubtedly a huge part of his success so far. It doesn't mean he can't live without it, but when you have 600 rushing yards and several TDs halfway into the season, it's a big deal when somebody shuts down that part of the offense.

At the bottom of Kibb's post was this blurb:

"The Saints have been much more conservative this season with defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo in charge instead of blitz-happy Gregg Williams. New Orleans has blitzed only 64 times through seven games (an average of less than 10 blitzes a game) and has been the worst blitz team in the NFL, by far, giving up seven TDs and forcing no INTs. Opposing QBs have a QB rating of 143.4 against the Saints' blitz. Compare that with the Saints last season, when they led the NFL with 316 blitzes over 16 regular-season games (just under 20 blitzes per game), and held opposing QBs to a rating under 75."

That sounds like something we need to talk about in the Haslett threads lol. In the past Spags was actually respected too but GW was 10x the coordinator according to those stats.

A lot of people didn't read the article. It's pretty much a throw away because at the end Jaws negates all of it and says he's not figured out and he doesn't see it happening anytime soon. I will agree and say the only reason Jaws even thinks about writing this is because our WRs dropped 10+ passes. Man, I can't even believe it when i just typed 10+ passes.

Definitely. But RG3's run game is undoubtedly a huge part of his success so far. It doesn't mean he can't live without it, but when you have 600 rushing yards and several TDs halfway into the season, it's a big deal when somebody shuts down that part of the offense.

if they catch the passes then a spy is one fewer player to cover the recievers.

Dick LeBeau didn't really "figure out" Robert. Robert didn't throw a pick, didn't throw any balls that should've been picked, and didn't fumble, and he was only sacked once. Most rookies wish they could say that against Pittsburgh.Not even close.

This. And that's why we got him...because he's a smart QB. I have no fears of a sophomore slump, unless we have to send him out there all by himself because ****ing Mara figures out a way to disqualify every other player on our team.

Hail!!

My point is you can't stop both, so they took away what they thought was his strength, the run game. Had the WR's been able to catch the ball and not drop 10 it changes the games outcome.

---------- Post added November-3rd-2012 at 09:22 AM ----------

A lot of people didn't read the article. It's pretty much a throw away because at the end Jaws negates all of it and says he's not figured out and he doesn't see it happening anytime soon. I will agree and say the only reason Jaws even thinks about writing this is because our WRs dropped 10+ passes. Man, I can't even believe it when i just typed 10+ passes.

Why spell it all out like that and then contradict and retract?

My point is you can't stop both, so they took away what they thought was his strength, the run game. Had the WR's been able to catch the ball and not drop 10 it changes the games outcome.

---------- Post added November-3rd-2012 at 09:22 AM ----------

Why spell it all out like that and then contradict and retract?

"Did the Steelers expose the secret to stopping RG3? I don't think so, not yet, at least. And I think things will only improve for the Redskins in 2012."

I have no clue why but he did. I honestly can't figure out how anyone could come away from that game thinking Pitts D figured Robert out and that's what stopped us. I thought the whole article was a waste. We got down early which took away the run, and our WRs sucked at a historically bad level. So I gues you stop Robert by scheduling a game in the rain, give him a historically bad defense, a historically bad effort from the WRs and last but not least take away his top 2 targets to injury. Problem solved lol.

Anyone see Sterling Sharpe's piece on NFL network... about how giving Dick Labeau's defense against rookies so much love is a joke? and applying that to the Redskins game... That RG3 hasn't taken a step back, they highlighted the plays and how many passes hit his receivers in the hands. You can't give a defense credit for drops or saying it made RG3 look pedestrian... at least 9 were just plain drops, not forced fumbles, or where a defender interfered with the play, just drops. Catch the freaking ball.

Morris is a huge part as well, he was the number 2 leading rusher by only 4 yards before the Steelers game. But the fact is not every team has the Steelers defense and our receivers wont drop 11 passes every game.

There is a huge difference in knowing what to do and being able to do it. Our defense knows it needs to shut offenses down, but they sure haven't been able to do it. In the early 80's teams knew they had to stop Riggins, but they couldn't do it. If Garcon can ever get his injured self back on the field and healthy, this offense will really be fun to watch.

RG3 is a rookie QB and this team should be carrying him, instead he has been carrying this team! Because of injuries to our best weapons and starters, RG hasn't been able to show all of his talent either. So if anyone thinks they found the key to stopping our offense and a rookie QB, they have only fooled themselves. Wait till we get healthy and add even better weapons each draft and season. See ya in the Super Bowl eventually.

Anyone see Sterling Sharpe's piece on NFL network... about how giving Dick Labeau's defense against rookies so much love is a joke? and applying that to the Redskins game... That RG3 hasn't taken a step back, they highlighted the plays and how many passes hit his receivers in the hands. You can't give a defense credit for drops or saying it made RG3 look pedestrian... at least 9 were just plain drops, not forced fumbles, or where a defender interfered with the play, just drops. Catch the freaking ball.

I did and was coming here to post the same thing. They also showed Sharpe was a Griffin III jersey on after the segment backstage lol.

Exactly! Our receivers had a terrible game, but RG3 put the ball right in their hands. In other words, the Steelers defense did a good job against the rush, but couldn't cover our receivers worth a crap. We dropped a TD pass right from the start, and Hankerson was wide open! Again the Pass Interference in the end zone, because our receiver was open and had the defender beat, it just wasn't called.

The Steelers did not shut down RG3, our own receivers did! We shot ourselves in the foot. Let's get it together today and roll over the panthers!

Exactly! Our receivers had a terrible game, but RG3 put the ball right in their hands. In other words, the Steelers defense did a good job against the rush, but couldn't cover our receivers worth a crap. We dropped a TD pass right from the start, and Hankerson was wide open! Again the Pass Interference in the end zone, because our receiver was open and had the defender beat, it just wasn't called.

The Steelers did not shut down RG3, our own receivers did! We shot ourselves in the foot. Let's get it together today and roll over the panthers!

I think Kyle was overmatched, but you're right, RG3 had a letdown by his WRs

I did and was coming here to post the same thing. They also showed Sharpe was a Griffin III jersey on after the segment backstage lol.

lol didn't see that part. Well the receiver play is hurting with no Garcon and Davis. I don't think limiting his escape or stopping his runs hurts that much.. As in the Carolina game..lack of talented receiver play and pass pro hurt. He was off on some of his passes more than I've seen that may be attributed to his bruised ribs. Another low point for us. yeesh.

How to stop RG3: Give him Kyle Shanahan and the Redskins offense.

Please spouting **** like this.

Griffin has been doing as well as he is doing BECAUSE of those two things.

This reminds me of football players who point to Heaven when they score a touchdown but don't do the same thing when they get picked off, except the other way around.

Archived