Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Previews of Coming Attractions: Upcoming New Movies (Thoughts and Info on Movies That Don't Have Their Own Thread Yet).

Jumbo

9 hours ago, Chew said:

Amen, brotha.  Inject three hours of Pat Bat goodness directly into my veins 🤤.  Been a looooong time since I was this hype for a movie.  

I saw the full trailer when I went to see Licorice Pizza. It was great.

Run times are cyclical. After somebody makes a movie like The English Patient, it becomes vogue to make longer flicks. And then it heads back towards 90 minutes, and so on. We’re certainly in the uptick of the cycle. Lots of 2hr plus joints are the multiplex these days. I’m cool with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A review of a couple of movie/documentary about the bad times for women prior to Roe v. Wade, Call Jane (movie) and The Janes (documentary). The Jane were a group of women who helped women have safe abortions when it was illegal. It's a stark reminder why women's bodily autonomy is a human rights issue and how the radical right is seeking to make women second class citizens again. The Call Jane movie is a fictionalized depiction of a middle class white woman needing an life-saving abortion and can't get it because it's illegal. Lower class white women and women of color were also served by the Janes. For me, I can't wait to see these two important pieces of media.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/elizabeth-banks-phyllis-nagy-call-040052599.html

45 minutes ago, Larry said:

The first one was about wonder, and creation. Learning. 

The rest of them are monster movies. 

Exactly, the dinosaurs are treated with a palpable affection and respect in the first one. That sense of wonder hangs over every scene. Even when they are doing something scary or attacking humans it was hard to feel bad for the humans since they did this. After that they are just generic monsters that must be stopped. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The Nope trailer is awesome. Shows a lot of exciting stuff but doesn't give anything away. Complete opposite of like say the Uncharted trailer which basically gives away the entire movie more or less.

I love the title lol...Jordan Peele finds the best ways of inserting black culture into traditionally non-black films.

Horror movie shows character going down into basement to check out a strange noise...every black person in the audience to themselves: "Nope. Uh-uh, nope."

13 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I love the title lol...Jordan Peele finds the best ways of inserting black culture into traditionally non-black films.

Horror movie shows character going down into basement to check out a strange noise...every black person in the audience to themselves: "Nope. Uh-uh, nope."

Not

Of

Planet

Earth