Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Previews of Coming Attractions: Upcoming New Movies (Thoughts and Info on Movies That Don't Have Their Own Thread Yet).

Jumbo

Just now, TryTheBeal! said:

Another Batman movie?  Thank God!

Lord knows you can never have too many dark, gritty Batman movies!

You joke, but HBO now has Batman halloween movies part 1 and 2. The second is rated R. Talk about getting carried away. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hersh said:

You joke, but HBO now has Batman halloween movies part 1 and 2. The second is rated R. Talk about getting carried away. 

Check out my review in the movie thread. Those are based on a very popular graphic novel and both are awesome movies 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

2 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Sorry they can't be Adam West driven anymore, gramps. 😁

Although I did wish they'd do a Batman Beyond movie more than this Detective Batman one. 

2 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

DC gives too much love to Batman vs Superman.

Black Adam should be good for you then. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

41 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Check out my review in the movie thread. Those are based on a very popular graphic novel and both are awesome movies 

I'm sure they are good and I'll be watching them, but they don't need to move to R-ratings. That is disappointing to me. 

8 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I'm sure they are good and I'll be watching them, but they don't need to move to R-ratings. That is disappointing to me. 

it had to be R rated to stay true to the source material graphic novel. They didn’t do it just to push the envelope. They didn’t plan on it or try to make it R rated. They wrote the best screen adaptation of the material they could and it ended up being R rated. I think that’s fair. Also works out kind of poetically in that part 1 is the cleaner of the movies and part 2 is the r rated chaotic conclusion to Harvey Dent’s story. The dueling halves work well together

Dune is getting great reviews 

It is a film of such literal and emotional largeness that it overwhelms the senses.

Denis Villeneuve's new adaptation of the 1965 Frank Herbert novel – starring Timothée Chalamet – is an awe-inspiring piece of work.

This film truly feels like a sci-fi masterpiece 

Audiences deserve to see the conclusion of an action film so immaculately crafted and patiently paced, one that's more focused on inspiring reverent amazement through the simplicity of durable storytelling structures rather than the complexity of cinematic universe building.

An absorbing, awe-inspiringly huge adaptation of (half of) Frank Herbert’s novel that will wow existing acolytes, and get newcomers hooked on its Spice-fuelled visions. If Part Two never happens, it’ll be a travesty

This was the one that had me finna buss:

The must-see movie of 2021 so far, and has the potential to be an iconic Godfather-level franchise for grown-ups in the years to cone

On 10/18/2021 at 8:57 AM, TryTheBeal! said:

I'm just waiting for one that I think is actually good. The one with Heath Ledger is the only one that is worthwhile. And it wasn't Batman who made it worthwhile lol...

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TheMalcolmConnection said:

OK, that looks great, but my god, I wish whenever they changed Batmen, they would progress the story. It's always, "Hey ya'll! Here's The Joker and the usual cast of characters again!"

Ive always though they could easily adapt Hush or Year One..year one especially with a younger Batman now. 

34 minutes ago, TheMalcolmConnection said:

OK, that looks great, but my god, I wish whenever they changed Batmen, they would progress the story. It's always, "Hey ya'll! Here's The Joker and the usual cast of characters again!"

i can see that but it’s also like having different comic arcs and graphic novels under different writers each giving their own interpretation of the characters. Like this riddler just being a serial killer rather than a goofy screaming lunatic like Jim Carrey

On 10/20/2021 at 11:13 AM, Califan007 said:

This is apparently already out but posting it here anyway. It's about a female serial killer who has sex with a car and becomes pregnant. Sounds like my kind of movie lol..

NSFW (mostly for a little profanity in text form).

Ok, I'm about 27 minutes into watching this movie, and holy ****ing **** lol..in just 27 minutes there has been:

(spoilers)

Spoiler

A car accident, a gargantuan amount of nudity, sex with a car, sex with another woman, four rather gruesome murders, motor oil leaking from the woman's hoo ha, and the woman becoming pregnant in which she is already showing after like a week and a half.

Spoiler

Ok, I just watched another 3 minutes...make that 5 murders lol...jeebus.

Edited by Califan007