Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Previews of Coming Attractions: Upcoming New Movies (Thoughts and Info on Movies That Don't Have Their Own Thread Yet).

Jumbo

Dune.  When the original movie came out in 1984, my friend and I went to see it at the Uptown Theater in DC.  We got really high before going in and they gave us handouts with translations (see example below).  One look at that and we began laughing hysterically.  

lHWAqsQ.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Sorry bro. I feel like Cooleyfan.

“Hey do you mean Cooleyfan1993? Because I checked the user database and there is no “cooleyfan”. I think you must have meant cooleyfan1993. Just wasn’t sure. Unless you didn’t mean that poster. In which case, carry on 😂😂

• Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://deadline.com/2020/10/furiosa-mad-max-spinoff-george-miller-anya-taylor-joy-chris-hemsworth-1234596503/

Awesome news for Furiosa fans.🤘🤘

This is also a good shift for the franchise as the "reluctant hero" and aloofness of Max (such as Hardy's portrayal) can only carry a narrative so far.

Edited by Metalhead
  • Thanks 1

Apparently the police in Georgia are smarter than Rudy Giuliani:

Borat Fooled Rudy, But Not Two Sharp Cops

While gullible dolt Rudolph Giuliani may have fallen victim to Sacha Baron Cohen and his “Borat” troupe, the same cannot be said for a pair of much sharper Georgia cops.

Responding in late-January to a 911 “suspicious person” call placed by an anonymous individual, two officers found a beat-up yellow truck with a horse trailer attached parked on Main Street in Lilburn, a city about 25 miles outside Atlanta.

Atop the truck cab was a young woman sitting in an infant’s car seat tied down with twine. The truck’s bed held some battered leather luggage, while the trailer was equine-free.

Upon approaching the truck, Lilburn Police Department officers Alvey Lamb and Daniel Bride discovered that the driver looked and dressed suspiciously like Kazakhstan’s most notorious fictional documentarian, Borat Sagdiyev. The driver, who claimed to be from Uzbekistan, had a bushy mustache and wore a gray suit. There was no key in the truck’s ignition.

Click on the link for more

• Haha 1