Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com Playbook: McNabb actually has positive words for Mike AND Kyle Shanahan!

hunterx

Yep, he picked us last week and the reason was that our DEFENSE would confuse ponder.

Interesting to hear him say positive things. Maybe he buried the hatchet?

perhaps... just glad to see he can be objective... something he hasn't been about the Redskins since we got RG3.

on a side note.... i think he would actually be the best person to save the Eagles season... but will Reid open that can of worms? I don't think so.

Lazy or not McNabb is a smart guy. He did make a mistake earlier and was universally blasted as sour grapes when he said earlier that the Skins' egos wouldn't change their playbook for RGIII. As far as I'm concerned McNabb sucked here but is a professional trying to do good unbiased work so he can have a second career.

I always like McNabb, even after all that went on here. It still was strange though on how the Shannys handled the benching situation. They both cited two completely different reasons and Mike back-peddled on his reason too. I know #5 was on the decline and when benched in MN asked for his release and got it. Sad that his career took a downward spiral the last 3 years, he used to be a dynamic QB to watch with his ability to extend plays with his legs, when he had them.

He expected the Shannys to build the offense around him and they expected him to change things he had been doing his entire career. End of the day, both parties were stuborn and in the end the coach won, which should happen. He's the head coach and in charge. Period. McNabb waited till he was out of football to fire shots at them and rightfully so, he was mad, angry and we all know that while he took the high road his entire career, it was only a matter of time before he exploded. He did, its over. Now he's in broadcasting and doing a great job.

Yep, he picked us last week and the reason was that our DEFENSE would confuse ponder.

Interesting to hear him say positive things. Maybe he buried the hatchet?

Maybe, but if he is going to work for NFL.com, he needs to at least appear to be objective and maybe the only way he knows how to do that is toss a lot of love our way.

He's actually been in our corner since we beat up the Aints. I think he has picked us almost every week and is always talking about how impressive the offense is. He was even the butt of a joke about how he just likes us because he played for us one week. To which he replied with a quick 'Uhh No' Lol

I think the benching of McNabb, coupled with his rapid decline in skill led to some "unusual" comments by him. I chalk most of it up to a guy who was frustrated by the fact that he just couldn't play football at a high level anymore.

The guy had an amazing career, and was one of the best to play his position for a long time. Glad that his classiness has returned to form. I always respected him when he played with the Eagles, just because of the way he carried himself. I hope he has a good career in the booth.

And I'm not just saying this because he picked the Skins, but because he looks like has moved forward. I bet in hindsight, there are some remarks that he wishes he had never made.

Well, it's nice to see he deflated his ego enough to be objective and leave the ridiculous grudge in the dust (of course people saying he picked us over the Vikings as a reason he's buried the hatchet are forgetting that his time in Minnesota was even worse than with us).

I don't mind watching him on tv as long as he's not saying idiotic **** like "Mike's never good with QBs". I don't care if he picks the Skins to lose as long as he's not drawing on his own (egotistically flawed) previous experience. Look at the teams for what they are RIGHT NOW, then make your prediction, not what they've been, not because Dan Snyder is their owner, not because in 2000 we had a flawed FA plan. He did a good job of that in this video, but it seemed like he was trying real hard to smile.

I applaud him, finally.

Archived