Extremeskins

Biggest surprise & biggest disappointment 6 weeks in

NIKKI8

Up:

Morris

Griffin

Down:

Special Teams

DL - primarily from No Pressure. See #3.

Haslet. Needs to generate more pressure he blitzes, like other teams do.

Even Steven

Banks Hank Morgan our DB's, OL, they are playing to reasonable expectations. OL has reaped the benefit of an explosive dynamic QB, but he has been hit and hit hard in the pocket.

Surprises:

-RG III: I thought he'd be good to above average in his rookie season in a best case scenario....boy was I wrong, and happily so.

-Morris: I had no idea why we drafted a RB in the 6th round, honestly thought it was a wasted pick, wrong again lol.

-O-line: I thought we had a chance of being solid being that everyone was finally healthy, while I think our pass blocking can be a bit better, our run blocking seems to be our bread n' butter.

-WRs: We don't have a true number 1 on the team...but honestly, we're doing pretty damn fine all things considered. Hank is essentially completing his rookie campaign in the first half of this season and hasn't looked terrible. Morgan has been productive outside of his one bone headed play. I thought we overpaid for Garcon but he has the talent we need, just needs to get healthy. We may not have a 1k yrd receiver this year, but I think we'll have plenty of guys with 500+.

Disappointments:

-The Pass Def: The secondary is riddled with injuries and we were already handicapped by losing Jackson (who actually looked like a pretty good player). I think our corners have done whats asked of them, but our safety plays is just...so...awful.

-The pass rush: It actually looked pretty good in the first 2 games...and then we lost orakpo...While I appreciate the effort Kerrigan is putting in for us, he needs someone on the other side to take the attention off of him. He has star potential, unfortunately not superstar potential. Cofield is playing out of position I think, which sucks because I think he is a stand up guy but he seems overwhelmed at times. On the bright side, it did look a littler better against the vikings, so maybe signs of good things to come?

-TE incorporation: I know TEs weren't used as much in baylor, but for RG III's sake, he should look to them a bit more as a safety valve, I don't mind the scrambling but he should make things easier on himself, and I'm sure he will in due time.

-Banks: he is just useless, he's a gimmick. He's only there as a distraction and really hasn't payed any dividends yet.

-Special teams: They're bad, better as of late but that isn't an excuse for their early season blunders. Hopefully we have the kicking thing resolved with cobra kai.

-3rd down Def: I think this is our Achilles heal and will be until haslett figures out how to call right blitzes/plays with what he has. We can't get off the field against good QBs, or even average ones.This will handicap our offenses ability to get any sort of rhythm.

Also, I don't know if its just me...but I think we are a bit more penalized than we were last year...especially during critical game junctures...way too many drive killing holding calls and such.

Fred Davis isn't putting up all-pro numbers because he isn't being given the chance.

He only has 30 targets so far. He's caught 23 of those. Basically he's averaging 5 targets a game and catching 3.75 of those, which isn't bad. He's probably the best receiving target on the team, with maybe the exception of Morgan, who's been very consistent so far.

Some of the top WRs and TEs in the league have been targeted 50 to 60 times, which is why they have 500ish yards. If Davis we gave Davis those stats, assuming he's been targeted 60 times, we'd expect 46 receptions for around 625 yards.

Simply put, Davis COULD be a top receiving target in this league ala. Jimmy Graham, but he has not been passed to enough. Give it time though. He's on pace for a little over 800 yards, but if we open the passing attack up more he could end up on pace for 1K really fast.

Disappointments:

Jenkins - he was overly hyped during last year's preseason. He's not as productive yet as Carriker and fans were expecting him to be better.

Niles Paul - he's been great on special teams in punt/kick off coverage. But the hype was that he was the second coming of Shannon Sharpe. He dropped the one ball thrown his way during the Vikings game and I think he was the one who got pushed over when attempting to block the CB on a running play.

Hankerson - long strider catches the ball in traffic but can't get much YAC. He hasn't been bad but isn't the #2 that everyone was hoping he'd become. Still, this is essentially his rookie season so it's too early to say.

Surprises:

Robert Griffin III: I know, we thought the world of him. But he has exceeded only the wildest homer's dreams, I think the world of him.

Alfred Morris: I was not a believer, I doubted Shanahan. But Morris has been amazing so far, way better than anyone expected.

Trent Williams: Playing at a great level, definite pro bowler. Ferocious run blocker and completely mauls people in the run game and pass protection, just a beast.

The play calling on offense ESPECIALLY in the red zone, hands down it is great minus the Bengals game when we fell in love with the option for a few drives (it was working but I'm just not a fan)

Our turnover margin

Disappointments:

The secondary and perhaps even the pass rush minus Kerrigan. Basically the defense overall.

Garcon, although not a fault of his own.

Just injuries.

Kicking, most assuredly.

Jarvis Jenkins not living up to hype.

I mean I could nitpick things but the only big let down is the defense, who in their defense do force a lot of turnovers.

I gotta give some love to Lorenzo Alexander; the guy is always making the tackle on ST , and was a big surprise on the d line last week.

Gotta give some credit to the run defense as well; they seem to be doing alot better at stopping the run, but could use a little improvement.

Now Hankerson and Davis, they're still disappointing; no separation, and I've seen Hanks go up for the ball 1 time this year; watching other receivers actually jumping up for the ball, but ours seem to wait for it to just drop in, and of course its always knocked away. When they start doing this, i'll give them more respect,. but watch them both, they think coverage will just let them catxch the ball and then tackle them.

Alas, a big thumbs up for Morris; a rookie with fresh legs and not afraid to hit someone; I just hope he stays healthy all year and doesn't get burned out...

SIC

i know hes gone but Cundiff deserves some love in the appropriate areas of this thread

This made me laugh. So I will go with...

Disappointments: Cundiff, Billy Cundiff, and the kicker we just cut

Surprises: Oline play, Santana Moss, turnover margin

I don't think it's fair to evaluate JJenkins since he is over 300 pounds and coming off an ACL injury. I bet he turns the corner and gives us some "wow" moments before the season ends.

Disappointments:

Niles Paul - he's been great on special teams in punt/kick off coverage. But the hype was that he was the second coming of Shannon Sharpe. He dropped the one ball thrown his way during the Vikings game and I think he was the one who got pushed over when attempting to block the CB on a running play.

LOL was that Paul that got knocked down? I don't even remember the play, but I remember saying "Damn dude don't let that happen!" to somebody during the game. That was just bad.

Disappointments:

LOL was that Paul that got knocked down? I don't even remember the play, but I remember saying "Damn dude don't let that happen!" to somebody during the game. That was just bad.

Why are folk so down on Jarvis Jenkins?

Shrugs, for me he's been holding his own and getting his fair share of pressure when he's been out there this year. And let's not forget, this is in essence his rookie year. And he's learning week-on-week about the game at this level.

Going forward, he'll be a starter on the D-line for many years to come IMHO.

Hail.

Mybiggest surprise is that the wide receivers as a group have not been as involved as I'd hve hoped.

But, at the same time i see that they are giving Robert mostly high percentage throws to make, so tight ends and backs are going to catch a lot of balls.

His deep passes have been spotty, but a pleasant surprise has also come when he's been given more conventional pocket passing plays to run, and he's been very smart with his decisions and very sharp and accurate in his throws. He's cool under fire, and he does love some crossing routes!

Biggest disappointment,, it's a toss up..

the continued injury at safety that allows Reed Doughty to play, and

the loss of Orakpo, which has changed our entire defensive potential.

Good surprise: Punt coverages are kicking ass and taking names. ithink Lorenzo Alexander decided to take up his coach's flag by himself. He's been an inspiring player.

Disappointment: Roy Helu and Evan Royster are no factor. I know Helu is hurt, but he was overshadowed completely by Morris, when going into the season he was widely regarded to be our guy. LOVE Morris, but Royster is not making anything of his chances.

~Bang

Disappointment: Roy Helu. I know Helu is hurt, but he was overshadowed completely by Morris, when going into the season he was widely regarded to be our guy. ~Bang

He's been overshadowed by a guy who is playing lights out for a rookie. I don't mind that at all. I'm not down on Helu as he was hurt most of preseason with that weird injury. Was it tendinitis on both achilles? I hope he can contribute next year. Agreed on Royster but I think he's injured as well.

Archived