Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For Midget Fans: Why John Mara cheated

SkinsHokieFan

The best part is still his "Competitive Balance" claim. The irony of that statement clearly shows who Mara is looking out for: his Giants and his Giants alone.

Well, who upset the "competitive balance" more? The Bucs who underspent to the point that when the cap returned they could sign every single big name free agent out there...or the Redskins who smartly utilized the "uncapped" year as exactly that.

The difference is the Bucs don't play in the NFC East.

Well, who upset the "competitive balance" more? The Bucs who underspent to the point that when the cap returned they could sign every single big name free agent out there...or the Redskins who smartly utilized the "uncapped" year as exactly that.

The difference is the Bucs don't play in the NFC East.

The Answer is C. John Mara. For blatant abuse of power. But thanks for playing...we have a nice parting gift for you... :)

and one thing that really bothers me almost as much as the actual theft of our cap space, is the lack of REAL attention and scrutiny all this received in the larger national media. Sure, Graziano and a few others went to bat for us (Thank You), but outside of Graziano's scathing articles and a few others...nobody seemed interested or would even talk about it. People that are always so eager to expose political and corporate corruption anywhere else, (the American Media machine) largely turned a deaf ear to CLEAR corruption that was going on right in front of their eyes...especially when Mara took a page right out of "Teflon Don" John Gotti's playbook and admitted as much right in front of the cameras.

"Yeah, we's did it, and I dares ya' to do somethin' about it. It's got nuttin' to do wit collusion, cause I sez it doesn't"

---------- Post added December-3rd-2012 at 05:24 PM ----------

The Answer is C. John Mara. For blatant abuse of power. But thanks for playing...we have a nice parting gift for you... :)

exactly what I was getting at. I was arguing against the "Competitive Balance" excuse that Mara used, and I'll raise you a "violating the spirit of the salary cap" as well. :)

and one thing that really bothers me almost as much as the actual theft of our cap space, is the lack of REAL attention and scrutiny all this received in the larger national media. Sure, Graziano and a few others went to bat for us (Thank You), but outside of Graziano's scathing articles and a few others...nobody seemed interested or would even talk about it. People that are always so eager to expose political and corporate corruption anywhere else, (the American Media machine) largely turned a deaf ear to CLEAR corruption that was going on right in front of their eyes...especially when Mara took a page right out of "Teflon Don" John Gotti's playbook and admitted as much right in front of the cameras.

"Yeah, we's did it, and I dares ya' to do somethin' about it. It's got nuttin' to do wit collusion, cause I sez it doesn't"

---------- Post added December-3rd-2012 at 05:24 PM ----------

exactly what I was getting at. I was arguing against the "Competitive Balance" excuse that Mara used, and I'll raise you a "violating the spirit of the salary cap" as well. :)

The more I rehash this whole mess, the more disgusted I become. Mara is a royal piece of ****. I don't know about you but ACTUALLY violating Collective Bargaining is significantly worse than violating the spirit of the cap.

Does anyone know if judge Doty has ruled on this case?

Something kind of ironic that gets lost in all of this is going bat you know what crazy in free agency is a sure fire death sentence in the NFL and who knows what we do with all that money at our disposal. The act itself is dispicable and cowardly but in the back of my mind I can't help but think there is a small silver lining, even though we should still fight to get the decision reversed.

Something kind of ironic that gets lost in all of this is going bat you know what crazy in free agency is a sure fire death sentence in the NFL and who knows what we do with all that money at our disposal. The act itself is dispicable and cowardly but in the back of my mind I can't help but think there is a small silver lining, even though we should still fight to get the decision reversed.

Under Vinny, I would have agreed that to some extent there was a silver lining. Under this administration, not so much. In Shanallen's hands, that much cap space is very VERY dangerous. Under Vinny, hell they probably do nothing, and let the team keep the cap space just to see what the next huge embarassing failure would have been in Washington.

Graziano (who I respect a lot for his fair and balanced reporting on the NFC East) wrote in his final piece about the issue something to the effect of "maybe it's better if it all goes away" anyhow...but for me what's right is right and what is wrong is wrong no matter how much damage the truth may do over the long haul.

Wishing something away, just because it would leave a black mark on the league if it was pressed any further and all the "facts" of the kind of corruption that clearly went on is exposed hurts the league, at the end of the day it's the right thing to do. Yes, I realize that something like that over the long-term could hurt the Redskins also...kind of in a "what have we really accomplished here" kind of way, but at the end of the day it is what it is. The league should not have put themselves in this kind of a position over what amounts to GREED. One of the most lucrative businesses in the World with the National Football League, plenty to go around, but the more they make the more they want to keep.

Redskins use quotes as motivation

The Washington Redskins are using critical comments from New York Giants co-owner John Mara as motivational fodder leading up to Monday's showdown between the NFC East rivals, sources told ESPN.

Mara, the chairman of the NFL's management committee, was among those who led the charge to take away $36 million worth of salary-cap space from the Redskins this past offseason.

In an article that was posted on ESPN.com on March 25, Mara was quoted as saying, "I think (the Redskins) are lucky they didn't lose draft picks" and "I thought the penalties imposed were proper."

In the days leading up to the Giants-Redskins game on "Monday Night Football," Washington coaches and officials had Mara's quotes hanging on sheets of paper on their office doors, according to team sources.

Based on the quotes, the Redskins are convinced that Mara tried to have enough draft picks taken away so that Washington couldn't complete its deal with St. Louis for the rights to select quarterback Robert Griffin III.

The Redskins still are appealing the $36 million in salary-cap space they lost -- $18 million last offseason and a scheduled $18 million for this upcoming offseason.

Washington chose Griffin with the second overall draft selection after trading four picks to St. Louis.

Griffin has enjoyed an outstanding rookie season and has helped lead the Redskins (5-6) into postseason contention.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8706786/washington-redskins-motivated-john-mara-new-york-giants-co-owner-quotes-sources

I LOVE it!!!!!! :point2sky

Looks like Williams is in a lot of pain per Chris Russell from 980. But he said he expects him to play.

Im ticked about what Mara has tried to do to this team but I don't think we can blame him for Williams being in pain. :silly:

Hopefully after tonights game Mara is in some pain however. ;)

In the days leading up to the Giants-Redskins game on "Monday Night Football," Washington coaches and officials had Mara's quotes hanging on sheets of paper on their office doors, according to team sources.

Based on the quotes, the Redskins are convinced that Mara tried to have enough draft picks taken away so that Washington couldn't complete its deal with St. Louis for the rights to select quarterback Robert Griffin III.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8706786/washington-redskins-motivated-john-mara-new-york-giants-co-owner-quotes-sources

Yeah. **** YOU Mara. Not only can you not contain RG3, but you can't contain Alfred Morris either.

Archived