Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For Midget Fans: Why John Mara cheated

SkinsHokieFan

Shocking now that our ZBS ran for 250 yards on the Giants, the NFL and competition committee are going to discuss outlawing ALL blocking below the waist for the first time in NFL history.

I'm sure it has NOTHING to do with our running success.

Eat a dick and die, Mara.

Really?

Tread carefully there my friend...just some free advice.

For me, I want him here. I want us to beat the Giant's ass senseless with him watching LIVE. Then I want the camera man to zero in on Mara's guest suite and post his pasty white mug all over the stadium, so we can all boo and laugh at him.

You got that right Painkiller. Just win the game that will let him stew enough. He probably knew himself how good RG3 was and wanted to slow the Skins turnaround down. Eli has a window as well as the DL and Coughlin, he was obviously trying to put some distance on the Skins and Boys for himself, he will forever go down as a shameless **** cheat.

Peter King said it won't pass, maybe blocks down the field away from the play, but the fact Mara can make up rules and punishments to benefit his team and no one does anything to stop him astounds me

What sounds absurd is the conspiracy theorists around here.

You don't think it has anything to do with 300+lbs men having serious injuries from being blocked that way? especially down field?

You really think it has to do with our zone blocking scheme - a scheme used by others in the NFL btw, and used for quite a while?

I just can't tell if this is a giant troll against me or if you people actually believe some of the stuff you post...

If it's a troll then congrats, you certainly got me.

t, I think the point here, and I agree with it, is that the Giants do not deserve any benefit of the doubt.

It may be nothing like you say, but from here on out it's now fair to at least question Mara's motives at any given time because he's already proven himself to be a conniving little cheater.

t, I think the point here, and I agree with it, is that the Giants do not deserve any benefit of the doubt.

It may be nothing like you say, but from here on out it's now fair to at least question Mara's motives at any given time because he's already proven himself to be a conniving little cheater.

Don't forget that ridiculous replay rule he concocted after the Giants lost to the Redskins (but did nothing about his team flopping like fish when the Rams were running the no huddle down their throats).

Anyone see Clayton's article on ESPN today?

I didn't realize he was in the Redskins corner on the theft of our cap space. My highlights of the text from his article.

"With Tuesday's release of Jason Babin, the Philadelphia Eagles are breaking up their dream team -- a dream that turned into a nightmare.

What looked to be a great idea collapsed in mediocrity and is now an embarrassment. Great cap planning by an aggressive organization allowed the Eagles to jump into free agency in 2011 in the hopes of grabbing a championship. The Redskins and Cowboys were trying to do the same thing, but the league robbed them of $46 million of cap space in 2012 and 2013 for what was considered cap manipulation in an uncapped year."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8686426/nfl-lessons-learned-eagles

Oh, yeah...**** you Mara

Anyone see Clayton's article on ESPN today?

I didn't realize he was in the Redskins corner on the theft of our cap space. My highlights of the text from his article.

"With Tuesday's release of Jason Babin, the Philadelphia Eagles are breaking up their dream team -- a dream that turned into a nightmare.

What looked to be a great idea collapsed in mediocrity and is now an embarrassment. Great cap planning by an aggressive organization allowed the Eagles to jump into free agency in 2011 in the hopes of grabbing a championship. The Redskins and Cowboys were trying to do the same thing, but the league robbed them of $46 million of cap space in 2012 and 2013 for what was considered cap manipulation in an uncapped year."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8686426/nfl-lessons-learned-eagles

Oh, yeah...**** you Mara

This is the mind boggling part about it: No one, and I mean NO ONE, understands the basis for those penalties, except Mara and Giants fans. The only reason this passed: Mara bribed the owners and union with extra cap space. I still am shocked as to why this is still going on...

The end of John Mara should be enough. I don't see, for now, the reason to pull the grudge over the descendants or whatver. Except if we go into some darwin awards things, which I could agree on the point to hold the grudge past John Mara onto his brethren.

It's not the Deceased Mara we are angry at, its the son. Many years of hate ahead.

It's not the Deceased Mara we are angry at, its the son. Many years of hate ahead.

Exactly.

Considering the amount of respect for the organization that Tim and Wellington Mara established through decades of work and dedication, it's all that much more shameful how John has so quickly destroyed it.

What scares me is what will happen if the Skins win tonight.

- We make the trade for Griffin - Mara removes cap space to kneecap us this season

- Shanahan's zone scheme is working well - Mara campaigns for cut blocks to be outlawed

- Skins win tonight - ?

Why doesn't he just start asking Goodell for a 7 point head start to all games?

What scares me is what will happen if the Skins win tonight.

- We make the trade for Griffin - Mara removes cap space to kneecap us this season

- Shanahan's zone scheme is working well - Mara campaigns for cut blocks to be outlawed

- Skins win tonight - ?

Why doesn't he just start asking Goodell for a 7 point head start to all games?

It amazes me that the Gnats DL has been so vocal about getting rid of cut blocks & blocking below the waste. In fact, their own DL do it to opposing OL. Maybe lil' mara should consider adding this new rule.

This is a video of the infamous Polumbus Leg Whip. Note the Gnats DL #78 rolling into Montgomery's knees to take him out so he can't get down field to make a block:

The asshat clearly rolls into Monty's knees in an attempt to take him out of the play..

Archived